Death of Primary Beneficiary

Future-pardesi

My dad who is US Citizen applied for my sister and her family to come to US in 1996. The case was approved and in 2002, USCIS sent case to National Visa Center for processing. Unfortunately, my sister had passed away in 1994. For a long time we did not pursue the case as my brother in law was not intersted in coming to US. However, now he does want to with my sister's childern.

I contacted NVC as the last communication we received was from NVC. They say that since we did not respond to their letter since 2002, the case has been denied and we need to apply again through USCIS.

I need to find out if this case can be opened again without significant wait time and also given the situation that my sister has passed away, will his childern and husban be considered for immigration on the existing petition?

Please help.

My dad who is US Citizen applied for my sister and her family to come to US in 1996. The case was approved and in 2002, USCIS sent case to National Visa Center for processing. Unfortunately, my sister had passed away in 1994.

How could he apply for a dead person? Do you mean she died in 2004?