Dazzling - 485 Approved on 12/17/2004, status updated today, 140 still pending?

dazzling

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I am extremely happy to announce that my I-485 has been approved. Actually my 485 was approved on 12/17/2004 itself and the status had not updated on the website. I had called Vermont Service Center on 12/27 (i.e. Monday) and the lady told me that my 485 was approved on 12/17/2004 and a notice was sent out. I told her that the status on the website still shows pending. She told me that it will update and so the status got updated today morning.

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On December 17, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Anyways, now I have several problems:
1. My 140 still shows as pending. I called again today and asked them about the 140 status. They told me that they cannot tell me about the status of 140. I also talked to my lawyer and the company and no one has received any approval notice. I understand that they cannot approve my 485 without approving my 140, but ... ??? Are there other people who are in a similar situation?

2. The website shows that the approval notice was sent out on December 17, 2004. There was a LUD on my 485 was on 12/17/2004 and then on 12/20/2004. I thought that the LUDs were because my wifes case was reopened on 12/16/2004 and her case also had another LUD on 12/17/2004. Anways, the problem is that I have not received the notice yet. Are there other people who got approved in the same time frame but did not get the notice?

3. My wifes case is still pending? I called again to VSC and asked the lady if her case is approved also. She told me that her case is in process and is pending. I did not press too much. I hope she will get approved soon. I think her name check is not cleared. We have sent another email to FBI asking for her name check. Lets see what they respond to.

In the event that I do not get my approval notice, what are the options that I have. Do they send a duplicate approval notice. I have not changed my address in the last 2 years and I do not know why I did not receive the notice if it was indeed mailed out on 12/17/2004. Any one in the same boat?

For those who do not know my case, my 140 was denied on 10/01/2004 and I filed a MTR on 11/01/2004. My applications were opened again on 12/06/2004.

Last edited by a moderator:
tammy2 said:
Wah!

Great news for you. I was following your ordeal with I-140. congrats.
Thanks. But it looks like it is one hurdle crossed and I have ways to go with USCIS .. anyway I am really glad that the biggest hurdle is over !!

Dazzling,

Congratulations. Atleast you can fight now for other approvals since you finished your I-485 approval.

kamvp said:
Dazzling,

Congratulations. Atleast you can fight now for other approvals since you finished your I-485 approval.
Thanks. Ya my approval was the biggest milestone that has been reached. The dependents approval will happen one day or the other. The interesting thing that happened in my case was the status on website did not update. It was just that I called them as I was worried that after reopening my 140 and 485, they did not do anything for about 3 weeks. In your case also there are so many LUDs on your 485. Why dont you call the VSC and ask them what is pending on your case? Who knows may be it is approved but the website status has not changed.

Congratulations

I wouldnt worry about the I-140 status on the web site. My I-140 got approved sometime in May and we got the approval. The website meanwhile still shows the status as having received the application in Sept. 03

Congratulations once again, and have a great new year :)

dazzling said:
Friends,

I am extremely happy to announce that my I-485 has been approved. Actually my 485 was approved on 12/17/2004 itself and the status had not updated on the website. I had called Vermont Service Center on 12/27 (i.e. Monday) and the lady told me that my 485 was approved on 12/17/2004 and a notice was sent out. I told her that the status on the website still shows pending. She told me that it will update and so the status got updated today morning.

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On December 17, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Anyways, now I have several problems:
1. My 140 still shows as pending. I called again today and asked them about the 140 status. They told me that they cannot tell me about the status of 140. I also talked to my lawyer and the company and no one has received any approval notice. I understand that they cannot approve my 485 without approving my 140, but ... ??? Are there other people who are in a similar situation?

2. The website shows that the approval notice was sent out on December 17, 2004. There was a LUD on my 485 was on 12/17/2004 and then on 12/20/2004. I thought that the LUDs were because my wifes case was reopened on 12/16/2004 and her case also had another LUD on 12/17/2004. Anways, the problem is that I have not received the notice yet. Are there other people who got approved in the same time frame but did not get the notice?

3. My wifes case is still pending? I called again to VSC and asked the lady if her case is approved also. She told me that her case is in process and is pending. I did not press too much. I hope she will get approved soon. I think her name check is not cleared. We have sent another email to FBI asking for her name check. Lets see what they respond to.

In the event that I do not get my approval notice, what are the options that I have. Do they send a duplicate approval notice. I have not changed my address in the last 2 years and I do not know why I did not receive the notice if it was indeed mailed out on 12/17/2004. Any one in the same boat?

For those who do not know my case, my 140 was denied on 10/01/2004 and I filed a MTR on 11/01/2004. My applications were opened again on 12/06/2004.

dazzling said:
Thanks. Ya my approval was the biggest milestone that has been reached. The dependents approval will happen one day or the other. The interesting thing that happened in my case was the status on website did not update. It was just that I called them as I was worried that after reopening my 140 and 485, they did not do anything for about 3 weeks. In your case also there are so many LUDs on your 485. Why dont you call the VSC and ask them what is pending on your case? Who knows may be it is approved but the website status has not changed.
Dazzling,

Not only you, there are some cases, no on-line message changed, but received I-485 approvals directly on mail. one guy, his last LUD was changed on 13th and 14TH of Dec, neither change in on-line message nor e-mails but received I-485 approval in mail around
Dec 21st.

Our (all of us) LUDs changed on 14th and 15th, no change in message. but I was expecting 1% that I may get approval too. but No luck it seems. :(

Also one more thing is when we got I-485 RFE, I seen LUD changes before RFE, but never changed on-line message and no e-mails. when USCIS received RFE response then they updated status to response received on nov 10th. Till now did not know that I had RFE, I immediately contacted my attorney that my message was changed to 'RFE responce received', then she told that I got RFE and she replied back.

Anybody has Approved LC?

I am looking for an Approved LC with the following profile:

Bachelors in Economics
Microsoft Certified Programmer
Oracle Certified DBA
IT Experience of 8+ years in Cobol, Siebel CRM, SAP ERP

Anyone can help me with advise on how to pursue the Approved LC?

Please dont post such requests here.... Please move this to "Unrelated threads forum"

thanks

columbusdude007 said:
I am looking for an Approved LC with the following profile:

Bachelors in Economics
Microsoft Certified Programmer
Oracle Certified DBA
IT Experience of 8+ years in Cobol, Siebel CRM, SAP ERP

Anyone can help me with advise on how to pursue the Approved LC?

dsatish said:
congratulations Dazzling. Enjoy a great year ahead.
Thanks Satish .. if only I would have got the approval notice .. :( .. I hope I will not have to file I-824 to get that ...

needhelp1 said:
Congratulations!!

Wish you and all members of this forum a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year 2005 :)
Thanks ... I talked to USCIS Customer Service at VSC today and she told me that they have not received the approval notice back from the Post Office. So I need to wait still or file I-824. I will call again later in the week and see what happens.

dazzling said:
Thanks ... I talked to USCIS Customer Service at VSC today and she told me that they have not received the approval notice back from the Post Office. So I need to wait still or file I-824. I will call again later in the week and see what happens.

Could you tell me how to talk to Customer Service at VSC. I just have the NCSC number!