Data Consolidation Project (Thread #7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: no approvals in src02158

Originally posted by tirednconfused
No approvals in SRC02158. Looks like they havent started work in the new year. Must be a new year resolution.

:(

tirednconfused , i can't open the zip file. did it anyone else get this problem ?
Thanks for the find, surya, You get that shinny quarter..:D :D
By the way, another guy Akaman - from June 01 has reported his approval. Can someone run the Multiscan for May to Aug 01 range.I can't run it from work.

COnsolidated_101

Changes since v_99

Added 01-176, 02-064, 03-062 ,02-001 (rbls5)
Copied the data from 02-158 ,tirednconfused posting

Just rescanned full 01-257 as it was messed up for quite some time due to some wrong sorting.

December has crossed the 200 mark, Hope for the best in Jan..

--pr

PRADHA

i couldnot run any macros from the downloaded 101. Are the macros working? i liked the multiscan but even the other one is not working:(

Pradha, I too scanned SRC01-001 to SRC01-279 last night.
So we almost did the same scans last night.
I have copied 2 scanned sheet from my side to your sheet of 101
and made it to version 102.
So far 26 approvals for Jan 03.

Tombaan, I checked Pradha's sheet and everything seems fine.
What error are you getting ?

Next person please run it from SRC01-279 .

Re: goastros

Originally posted by tombaan
the macros in this project ard disabled.

That must be something with your excel settings. Have you changed them recently ? Usually when you open the excel file it asks you if you want to Disable or Enable the macros.
Anyone else can figure out what problem tombaan is encountering.

tombaan,

I did not do anything diffrent, I did change couple of lines in the macro though, If you use the I485_scan it was not returning the last SRC scanned, etc.. But they are nonconsequential as no one uses that in consolidated file. The quick way to check would be to try with an older file which has earlier worked or a simple 485scan file.
As goastros suggested I suspect it is on the PC setting.

goastros, Other veterans ,

Few thoughts on maintaining the Excel sheet,

As the file is becoming larger, do you think it is worth breaking it up into few like cons_01,cons_02,cons_03,cons_summ, summ having only the summary sheet. That way every time we cange few sheets we need to post only the respective file. cons_summ hardly changes except when some one adds a new sheet.

Is it worth to come up with some kind of a schedule or should leave a post if you are planning to rescan shortly, so we may avoid duplicating. As it is, it needs some thing like 18 runs to go through one cycle. I am in favour of leaving a notification in advance.

Message " On Approval or registartion of this case we have mailed directly .." is now grouped as approved. This does not seem to be totally right. The down side of it is we never check the approved cases again. I feel we should still keep it in approved group, but this mailed directly cases should be rescanned when we do rescan.

I do agree that maintaining this statistics no way helps your approval, But it is a pleasure to see the approval numbers go up, though I am way away for my case to see even the tunnel let alone the light at the end, and I believe lot of others too share the same way.
Here is a summary of the summary sheet. I think to make the stats representative we should try to get some scans for those months where Total/Sheet_count is low. Those who could get some more data may try.

ND Total Approv Trans Bal Sheet_Count
Oct-00 20 15 3 2 1
Dec-00 64 60 2 2 1
Jan-01 161 114 20 27 2
Mar-01 165 126 15 24 1
Apr-01 285 200 42 43 4
May-01 447 272 51 124 8
Jun-01 338 155 44 139 2
Jul-01 453 174 54 225 3
Aug-01 3632 1473 270 1889 15
Sep-01 2701 1252 252 1197 12
Oct-01 426 201 27 198 2
Nov-01 2229 994 289 946 7
Dec-01 44 20 5 19 4
Jan-02 583 139 53 391 3
Feb-02 877 296 155 426 8
Mar-02 1027 226 105 696 5
Apr-02 1247 308 100 839 6
May-02 1361 234 71 1056 6
Jun-02 277 63 10 204 3
Jul-02 239 27 29 183 3
Aug-02 1099 223 124 752 5
Sep-02 1147 110 37 1000 5
Oct-02 2870 173 115 2582 11
Nov-02 60 0 2 58 1
Dec-02 500 18 11 471 2
Jan-03 1089 12 29 1048 6
Feb-03 1473 43 63 1367 6
Mar-03 1203 11 68 1124 5

Thanks
pr

it is like cricket

half the fun of the game is statistics....:D :D :D . like tendulkars 9000 runs or lara getting their faster....:D :D :D :D

It is hard to believe the summary data : some month it has thousands of cases, some other months only a couple dozen cases: how could that be true?

Originally posted by dfkj45
It is hard to believe the summary data : some month it has thousands of cases, some other months only a couple dozen cases: how could that be true?

dfkj45, what is so hard for you to believe ?
some months for eg - sep 01 has thousands of cases is because someone like EB2_... scanned and found those SRCs.
Similarly for Oct 02, Pradha scanned and found those SRCs.
Certain months don't have much data because they have not been scanned & posted by anyone on the forum.

Originally posted by pradha
goastros, Other veterans ,

Few thoughts on maintaining the Excel sheet,

As the file is becoming larger, do you think it is worth breaking it up into few like cons_01,cons_02,cons_03,cons_summ, summ having only the summary sheet. That way every time we cange few sheets we need to post only the respective file. cons_summ hardly changes except when some one adds a new sheet.

Pradha, I myself don't see a problem in maintaining & opening 1 just Consolidated file, esp after your MultiScan macro. For me, that macro rocks. But I think others in past too have suggested something along the lines of breaking the consolidated file.
My apprehension to that is then are we introducing any more complexity? Maintaining multi files including cons_summ & summ would be something I am worried abt.
But if others feel it right, then let us do so.

Is it worth to come up with some kind of a schedule or should leave a post if you are planning to rescan shortly, so we may avoid duplicating. As it is, it needs some thing like 18 runs to go through one cycle. I am in favour of leaving a notification in advance.

Yes I definitely agree with that. We shd try that and see how it goes.
Moreover few ppl on the forum who post their excel rescan results out of this thread. We shd encourage them to use MultiScan and it is actually good for everyone.

I do agree that maintaining this statistics no way helps your approval, But it is a pleasure to see the approval numbers go up, though I am way away for my case to see even the tunnel let alone the light at the end, and I believe lot of others too share the same way.

Pradha, at the start of this project I remember some guy pointed out to me "collecting such data will not help any approval count going higher".
My response to him/her was that "just visiting this forum will not help any approval count going higher either".

I too am addicted to seeing the approval nos go up. Right now it is nice to see May01 & June 01 approvals, so when it is completed ( hopefully soon), it will be kind of cool to see TSC's off date move.

Others, Pls comments.

By the way, for seriously getting the approval count higher,
We shd support Tr22 & Ayans' efforts in contacting media/congressmen/senators.

like it or leave it

people who dont like us doing this should stop bitching and the get F*** out.
Opinions are like ass holes everyone has one. Everyone is good about complaining what others are doing but dont have any alternative suggestions of their own:rolleyes:

Here is a file which is devided into 4 . This is just a copy of consolidated_v102. Please do not use this for updates / scans.
Before opening the cons_summ open cons_01,02.03 and leave them open. Best way is, just extract all into one directory, and open those files together.

I am not even seriously suggesting this direction, as it is lot more messy compared to a single file opening.
I am just throwing this line of thinking for discussion as some one out there is storing those 100's of version on the server hosting this.

Thanks
pr

Goastros - one more response to the comment about these statistics not affecting the actual approvals. The fact that BCIS is not very transparent in its workings increases the stress level of those in our situation. Getting some insight into what BCIS is doing on a daily basis really helps deal with this situation. I think that the consolidated data project is invaluable.

On a related subject - I am plodding through SRC01-180. Slow progress due to the large number of invalid numbers. What would be a really neat enhancement would be if the macro can automatically close the browser and re-open a new one and continue with the scan from where it left off due to the "too many enquiries" error. I looked at trying to do this, but my meager skills did not allow success.

Status
Not open for further replies.