Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Hey Guys,

It’s about time for me to apply. I would like to confirm with all the subject Matter Experts before I do so. Here is the thing:

PR issued: 3/10/2007
Submitting N-400: 12/11/2009 – Any issues with submitting on this date?

Marriage Based 3 years Rule:

Sending following papers:

N-400 Application.
Attachment Listing Traffic Tickets.
Court letters showing traffic tickets were paid and cases were dismissed.
Check
Copy of PR
Copy of Wife’s Birth Certificate
Copy of Marriage Certificate.
Copy of applicant’s Birth Certificate.
Copy of Tax Account Transcripts for last 5 years and copy of Tax return transcripts for last 3 years.
Status letter from Selective Service
Proof of living together and marriage: Copy of our drivers license, Apartment leases since we are married, Car insurance showing both of us as drivers, 2 joint Auto financing documents, Health Insurance showing my wife as dependent, Medical Bills, Boarding passes showing our travel together on vacations, Joint Bank Statements

Issue # 1:

I have total 5 speeding tickets and one ticket about not carrying current auto insurance and one for expired Registration sticker. I showed proof of current Auto Insurance and proof of Registration in court and those were dismissed upon paying court fees. I have all the proof of payment and court issued letters certifying that the cases were dismissed due to successful Driving Safety Courses and paid court fees and fines. Checked “Yes” to” Have you ever been arrested, cited, or detained” question. I am sending all the proofs of all tickets along with the N-400 applications.

Will I have any issue with having too many tickets? Or is it normal to have these many tickets in last 10 years?

Why were you cited? Date Cited Outcome of the citation
Minor Traffic Violation (Speeding) XX/XX/2008 Defensive Driving, Case Dismissed
Minor Traffic Violation (Speeding) XX/XX/2006 Paid fine of $173, Case Dismissed
Minor Traffic Violation (Speeding) XX/XX/2006 Defensive Driving, Case Dismissed
Minor Traffic Violation (Speeding) XX/XX/2004 Defensive Driving, Case Dismissed

Not carrying current copy of the Insurance on XX/XX/2004. Paid the court fee and presented the current copy of Insurance to dismiss the case.

Expired Registration sticker on the windshield on XX/XX/2003.Paid the court fee and Showed the proof of Registration and case dismissed.

Minor Traffic Violation (Speeding) XX/XX/2002 Defensive Driving, Case Dismissed

Issue# 2:

There were some papers like I-20, SSN, and Federal Tax Returns where part of my Middle Name got merged with my Last Name. I corrected it long back and I did not mention them on I-485, I-751 forms since it was not really “Other Name Used”. However, mentioning them on N-400 as “Other Name Used”.

I would really appreciate if some “Subject Matter Experts” can put some light on my preparation and issues. Sorry for the long and boring post.

Does anyone know if the Dallas ASC (on Whitehurst Drive) allow walk-ins for finger printing.

Got the FP letter today with Dec 28th appointment date. It also says you can go on any Wednesday afternoon till March.

I was going to be out of town on Dec 28th, and was wondering if I could go earlier than scheduled date, this Wednesday Dec 16th as a walk-in.

Had anticipated this situation and called USCIS last week and they had a "no walk-ins allowed any more" answer. But having read other threads on this forum I know walk-ins seem to work in most cases.

Just trying to get a better feel from someone who has experience with the Dallas ASC.

My timeline so far:
11/23 Appln mailed
11/24 recd at Lewisville office
11/25 forwarded and recd by Dallas office
11/30 PD date marked in NOA
12/02 I-797C (NOA) recd in mail
12/02 Checks cashed
12/11 SMS recd for RFE
12/14 FP date for Dec 28th

What do we get RFE for on N-400?

What do we get RFE for on N-400?
Also, how to setup SMS to receive application updates?

Applied in Jan 1st week
FP 02/4/2010

pretty smooth process ....it was done at fort worth. There was no line took about 15 mts

I had my interview on 16 oct with a name change option but i havent received oath letter yet. I am thinking of geting an info pass to check whats going on. Is it normal to wait for the oath letter for a month in dallas.
Thanks for your replys.

Hi Kama,

How long did you eventually get the oath letter? I have the same problem there. It's been a couple of weeks.

Thanks,

N400 DO: Dallas,TX
4/19/10 : N400 mailed
4/21/10 : N400 Received
4/30/10 : Check Cashed
5/01/10 : NOA Received
5/06/10 : RFE Notice sent
x/xx/xx : Fingerprint letter received?

I am a little worried. It has been three weeks and i still have not received finger print letter as of yet

Here is my case details:

N400 DO: Dallas, TX
4/19/10: N400 mailed
4/20/10: N400 received
4/27/10: Check cashed
4/28/10: NOA received
5/04/10: FP notice recieved
5/26/10: FP to be completed

My wife's application was sent the next day and the dates are following exactly one day after mine! I am so far impressed with USCIS' efficiency! (bite my tongue?)

Fingerprint notice?

Here is my case details:

N400 DO: Dallas, TX
4/19/10: N400 mailed
4/20/10: N400 received
4/27/10: Check cashed
4/28/10: NOA received
5/04/10: FP notice recieved
5/26/10: FP to be completed

My wife's application was sent the next day and the dates are following exactly one day after mine! I am so far impressed with USCIS' efficiency! (bite my tongue?)

Something must be wrong then on my end! We applied the same time. Will you be getting your finger prints done in Fort Worth or Dallas?

kcambridge:

Yes, seems like we applied on the same day! I mailed using UPS to USCIS lockbox in Lewisville!

I am getting FP done in Dallas (somewhere near 635 & Audelia)!

As I said, USCIS may have a good start but could drag me for a long time & vice versa!

Good luck to you.

Fingerprint notice

kcambridge:

Yes, seems like we applied on the same day! I mailed using UPS to USCIS lockbox in Lewisville!

I am getting FP done in Dallas (somewhere near 635 & Audelia)!

As I said, USCIS may have a good start but could drag me for a long time & vice versa!

Good luck to you.

Thanks! I think the ASC center in Fort Worth is backed up as I live in Tarrant County. The USCIS Rep did inform me that this could possibly be one reason for delay. Hopefully I hope to receive in mail sometime this week.

Fingerprint notice

I thought that was always the case. But on the bright side, they normally cash the check only if the application is complete for the most part.

I have been waiting for 18 days now for fingerprint notice. I see that it took you 19 days before you got yours. Did you notice get lost in the mail or it just took that long? I am starting to get a little concerned because i have not received notice as of yet.

I just spoke with an IO officer at the National Customer Service center and he told me that they are waiting on clearance from the FBI as they are currently performing a name check on my file. This has be explained to me as the reason for the delay. Has any of you all have this problem? Further the officer went on to say that it can take up to six months before I receive my fingerprint notice.

I always thought that the name check is done after FP is done!

I just spoke with an IO officer at the National Customer Service center and he told me that they are waiting on clearance from the FBI as they are currently performing a name check on my file. This has be explained to me as the reason for the delay. Has any of you all have this problem? Further the officer went on to say that it can take up to six months before I receive my fingerprint notice.

Fingerprint notice

I always thought that the name check is done after FP is done!

I guess not the 2nd tier customer service officer told me that my name must get FBI clearance bore they can send me out a biometric notice. He later went on to inform me that my information was sent out to the FBI om May 12 and told me that it can take up to six months to get name clearance before biometric notice can be sent so I dont know. I am a little concerned about the entire matter. I know my record is clear with the FBI but i dont understand this delay.

Fingerprint notice

My chance of receiving the fingerprint notice is 30 days from which USCIS sent my information to the FBI which was on May 12 so i have a 90 percent chance of getting the notice by June 12 or sooner and a 2 percent chance of receiving by August 12. Per this memo I hope for the sooner:

Joint USCIS-FBI effort on reducing the Name Check backlog
On April 2, 2008 USCIS and FBI announced a joint plan eliminating the backlog of FBI Name Checks[29] The plan calls for putting additional resources into processing of FBI Name Checks requested by the USCIS and sets the following Name Check backlog elimination schedule:

May 2008. Process all name checks pending more than three years.
July 2008. Process all name checks pending more than two years.
November 2008. Process all name checks pending more than one year.
February 2009. Process all name checks pending more than 180 days.
June 2009. Process 98 percent of all name checks within 30 days and process the remaining two percent within 90 days.

Fingerprint notice

well, goo luck to you.

I called again today and the 2nd tier officer is now telling me that my information was placed in the que on May 5, 2010. I asked him about what the other officer told me yesterday about the FBI name check and he told me that the name check is not done until the day the finger prints are processed. It seems everyday its a different answer with USCIS. No one knows anything over there.