Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

You should also note the fact that "faithless electors" that you are have mentioned here have not changed the outcome of any presidential election to date. That should say something :).
You are of course right. However, one cannot deny that the outcome of an election can be affected by the use of the electoral college system. This was most recently clear in the 2000 general election when Al Gore received the most votes but George Bush became president because he had the most electoral college electors. Had the people voted directly for the president then the result would have been different and we would have had President Al Gore.

Hi All,

Any updates from Dallas DO? I still have not heard anyone taking Judicial oath at Dallas. Anyone going this month?

Cheers!

Judicial Oath Date - Update

Hi

I received my Judicial oath date for Oct 28th. Finished my interview on Sep 14th 2009. My application has a name change.

@Wanted
When did you get your letter? Also what were the details of your case. I had my interview on the 14th as well in Dallas with a mane correction. I have not heard from them yet. Thanks.

txapplicant

I got the letter on Oct 2nd 2009. My application also has a name correction - a spelling mistake which I want to get corrected.

Interview?

Hello All,
Quick question regarding the interview. For the interview, both me and my wife are given the same time for interview (7:10Am in the morning). I was wondering if they would call for interview together or will that be a separate interview for both of us by 2 different IOs?

Please comment.

Thanks.

Oath Information

Also, is there a way we could know online if an Oath ceremony is scheduled on a particular day? We got our interview scheduled for 10/13 and I wanted to know if there is any chance that our Oath is done on the same day? I see that most of the people have Oath scheduled for 10/28, but, it is being referred as JUDICIAL OATH. Is it different from the regular Oath?

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks.

Also, is there a way we could know online if an Oath ceremony is scheduled on a particular day? We got our interview scheduled for 10/13 and I wanted to know if there is any chance that our Oath is done on the same day? I see that most of the people have Oath scheduled for 10/28, but, it is being referred as JUDICIAL OATH. Is it different from the regular Oath?

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks.

Usually if your interview is prior to 10 or 11 AM in the morning, the chances of you having the same day Oath is very high. Again the oaths done in the the Irving office is Administrative oath (Judge is not present). If you have a name change then your Oath ceremony has to be in presence of a Judge which is called Judicial Oath which is usually done in the Dallas District Court in Commerce St. - for which you will have to wait and in my case I had to wait for 2 weeks to receive a date.

Usually if your interview is prior to 10 or 11 AM in the morning, the chances of you having the same day Oath is very high. Again the oaths done in the the Irving office is Administrative oath (Judge is not present). If you have a name change then your Oath ceremony has to be in presence of a Judge which is called Judicial Oath which is usually done in the Dallas District Court in Commerce St. - for which you will have to wait and in my case I had to wait for 2 weeks to receive a date.
So is your oath at Dallas District Court at Commerce St?

Thanks!

N-400 - Dallas

10/12/09 : Mail Sent to Lewisville, TX Office
10/14/09 : Mail received
10/16/09 : Check Cashed.
10/16/09 : Priority Date.
10/16/09 : Notice Date.
xx/xx/xx : Finger Printing Notice
xx/xx/xx : Finger Printing Done
xx/xx/xx : IL Received
xx/xx/xx : Oath

N400 - Dallas

10/12/09 : Mail Sent to Lewisville, TX Office
10/14/09 : Mail received
10/16/09 : Check Cashed.
10/16/09 : Priority Date.
10/16/09 : Notice Date.
10/26/09 : Finger Printing Notice Received - Scheduled for 11/13/09
xx/xx/xx : Finger Printing Done
xx/xx/xx : IL Received
xx/xx/xx : Oath

Judicial Oath Experience at North Texas District Court

Completed my oath yesterday. Here's my experience

Reached the North Texas District Court building in Commerce St at about 8:30 AM. The scheduled time on the letter was 9:15 AM at 15th Floor court room.

But the process was slightly different. Had to first check in at the Jury selection room in the 1st floor where they verified your paper to check your name etc, took your green card gave a flag, a copy of the constitution and another book with famous naturalized american citizens and then asked all of us to come in at 11 AM to the 15th Floor court room for the oath ceremony.

Came in at 11AM at the 15th court room: The judge came in and presided over the ceremony, there were a few speeches and after that they gave us the naturalization certificate and a form indicating that name change was done as well. The name change document had the court seal and stamp.

Overall a very pleasant experience

Got Citizenship in 90 days (could have been much lesser)

I have written the total experience of my Citizenship, please post yours too.

I got my GC through my spouse's citizenship (@ Detroit; see my signature), hence my hibernating period was only 3 years. I applied before the Citizenship eligibility date (just less than 90 days).

US Citizenship N-400 Application - Dallas, TX
Eligibility date (3 years after gc) 14-Sep-09
Application Receipt Date (90 days earlier) 8-Aug-09
Fingerprint date 1-Sep-09
Received Interview NOA 14-Sep-09
Interview date 16-Oct-09
Received Oath Notification 23-Oct-09
Oath @ Dallas District Court 6-Nov-09

Total days to naturalize 90

Note about Fingerprint: I suggest you go at least 30 minutes before your time. It takes about 60 minutes or so to get it done.

Note about Interview: They do not allow your spouse. My interview was more about documents (take all the documents possible as mentioned in this forum including tax returns, traffic violations etc.). I had a name change otherwise the interviewer was ready to give the Citizenship the same day which would have made it in about 70 days.

Note about Oath: They made 162 of us sit in the court room which is on the left as soon as you enter. They represented about 46 countries. They ask you to stand up when each country is mentioned. India had the MOST, I mean about 40 to 50 people. Remaining about 120 people were from 45 countries. Looks like Indians are immigrating en masse :) The announcer even said "wow" when she saw the crowd.

You listen to songs including the Anthem, Obama speech, Judge speech etc. But they were all short. We were asked to come at 9:30AM and the ceremony (after paperwork - you go line by line to a counter where they take your docs like Interview invitation letter, GC etc.) started around 10:45AM. It was done around 11:30.

The only process they need to improve is when they call the names to give the Naturalization certificate. We had 2 people who called out names and they were surrounded by a bunch of immigrants.

The Judge was very kind to stay back, we took photos with him, with the flags, with the Liberty statue etc.

Good Luck to All who are going to start this journey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Post Citizenship Activities

Also, we visited DL office and Social Security office today itself just after receiving the certificate and name change document.

You have 10 days before you have to register with Social Security office otherwise there is a long delay in running new checks etc.

DL office was not bad - about 30 minutes but SS office took almost an hour.

When applying for passport, you MUST send the original Naturalization certificate which will be returned when you get the passport.

I will be applying for the passport from a nearby postoffice next week.

Addresses where I got my things done:

Social Security Office
3250 Craig Dr
McKinney, TX 75070

Driving License (Custer & Parker)
2109 West Parker Road Ste 224
Plano, TX 75023-7739

Also, I am not too much into computers and such; hence I did not bother to register myself with their website. Did not have to !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dallas oath with name change waiting time

I had my interview on 16 oct with a name change option but i havent received oath letter yet. I am thinking of geting an info pass to check whats going on. Is it normal to wait for the oath letter for a month in dallas.
Thanks for your replys.