Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Hello,

I read your posting about you having taken an InfoPass and your N-400 stuck in Name Check.

I am in a similar position. My PD for N-400 is Sept 13, 2006 in Dallas. I havent got an interview letter yet.

Can you let me know how I go about getting an InfoPass appointment ? On USCIS website, do I pick the option "You wish to speak to an immigration officer." ?

And do I just go there and ask them where my case is held up?

Thanks
Manoj

Hello,

I read your posting about you having taken an InfoPass and your N-400 stuck in Name Check.

I am in a similar position. My PD for N-400 is Sept 13, 2006 in Dallas. I havent got an interview letter yet.

Can you let me know how I go about getting an InfoPass appointment ? On USCIS website, do I pick the option "You wish to speak to an immigration officer." ?

And do I just go there and ask them where my case is held up?

Thanks
Manoj

You go to the infopass site (http://infopass.uscis.gov/index.php) and pick either "I want to talk to an immigration officer" or "I have a question about my case". I'm not quite sure what the difference is since I usually "want to ask an immigration officer a question about my case".

Yup, bring the print out you get and your green card. You will eventually get called up to a counter and you can ask whatever you want. You may not get useful answers, but you can ask.

Hi Flydog, I am with you. I am also checking my mail box for a good reply from USCIS Dallas office on N600. BTW can you give the link for your N600 forum ...

This forum has pretty good search and navigation features. If you click my name, you can see all of my posts, or, if you do it right, the option to see the threads I've started (which aren't very many). I've only started one N-600 thread (I think).

You can also click "Search" at the top of the page and choose "Advanced Search". Use "N-600" as keywords and "flydog" as username and you'll see all of my N-600 postings (and the one thread I started).

Can you post your N-600 timeline?

Mine is:

USCIS receipt date: June 28, 2006
Nothing has happened since then.

(there's a more detailed chronology in that thread I keep refering to, btw).

To see the threads I've started, click my name, choose "See Public Profile" and the option to see the threads I've started is there.

Oath Ceremony in July?

Although I've never posted here before, this thread has been very informative.I would like to thank all contributions.
Timelines are similar to the quote below.

02/08/07-Priority Date
03/13/07 - FP
04/19/07 - IV letter
06/18/07 - IV appt
??/??/?? - Oath

With the IV scheduled so close to July 4th, am hoping to have an oath ceremony during that time.Thoughts?Experiences?

I got my IL notice by my doorsteps it appears the mailman put it in a wrong box whose owner brought it to my doorsteps,he is a good samaritan

02/09/07 - RD/PD
03/15/07 - FP done (cleared same day)
04/16/07 - IV ND
04/19/07 - IV letter at my doorsteps
06/19/07 - IV appt at 08:40
??/??/?? - Oath, So help me God.

I believe there is usually one or two large ceremonies on or around July 4. I would expect that, should you pass your interview, they will probably hand you an oath letter before you leave.

But, it's close - there was an oath scheduled about 1.5 weeks after my interview and I asked about it and they said something like "no, that's sold out".

This forum has pretty good search and navigation features. If you click my name, you can see all of my posts, or, if you do it right, the option to see the threads I've started (which aren't very many). I've only started one N-600 thread (I think).

You can also click "Search" at the top of the page and choose "Advanced Search". Use "N-600" as keywords and "flydog" as username and you'll see all of my N-600 postings (and the one thread I started).

Can you post your N-600 timeline?

Mine is:

USCIS receipt date: June 28, 2006
Nothing has happened since then.

(there's a more detailed chronology in that thread I keep refering to, btw).

Thanks Flydog. I am not waiting long like you. My Oath date (and my wife) was Jan 9, 2007 and I applied on N600 on the same day. The USCIS receipt date is either Jan 11th or Jan 12th 2007. I have applied for both of my kids for the same reason as stated by you. I was very happy to note earlier that the waiting time was very less and when the dates were moving 1 month every month. But got upset when it went back last time and no updates for this month. I don't have any urgency as my kids are under 10 (and they do have US passports) but would be happy if I get it before end of this year as have plans to move my family back home next year.

I saw your thread on N-600 and thank you very much for your suggestions and help.

The roll back of the dates on the "processing times" web site was likely the result of a typo that got introduced a couple of months earlier.

The "processing times" web site has been showing 6 or 7 months consistently for the past year - with the exception of two months (one of which was January :( )

FYI... Received my Oath letter today for May 22nd ceremony at Plano Center. I completed my interview on March 1st 2007.

Although I've never posted here before, this thread has been very informative.I would like to thank all contributions.
Timelines are similar to the quote below.

02/08/07-Priority Date
03/13/07 - FP
04/19/07 - IV letter
06/18/07 - IV appt
??/??/?? - Oath

With the IV scheduled so close to July 4th, am hoping to have an oath ceremony during that time.Thoughts?Experiences?
It is a big possibility.

Received Oath letter in interview

I had my interview yesterday. It was the normal process, answered 10 questions, read and wrote simple English sentences. At the end, the lady officer asked me if I would like to attend the June 14th ceremoney or the June 30th. She said the June 14th one will be held in Dallas Convention Center with about 400 people. The June 30th on is on Saturday for 125 people. Since I lived in Plano, I asked her about the May 22 oath in Plano. She responded that one is already schedueld for Feb, March interviews. I took it meant May oath is not available for immediat assignment. I then picked the June 14th one. She printed the oath letter and handed to me.

The officer might be an supervisor as she sits in an office. I saw some people sitting in the cubes. She said Wednesday was a short day for them, she only interviewed 8 people. I am imipressed to see they are acutally very organized. All my files with the assigned Alien ID are binded nicely in a thick folder. I assume the folder contains all my history, maybe even including I-20s they issued to me when I was student.

I am glad the oath date is taken care of now. My citizenship process seems to be much simpler than GC process.

Good luck everyone!

My dates are:

RD 12/1/06
FP 12/27/06
IV ND 2/16/07
IV 4/25/07
Oath 6/14/07

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my interview yesterday. It was the normal process, answered 10 questions, read and wrote simple English sentences. At the end, the lady officer asked me if I would like to attend the June 14th ceremoney or the June 30th. She said the June 14th one will be held in Dallas Convention Center with about 400 people. The June 30th on is on Saturday for 125 people. Since I lived in Plano, I asked her about the May 22 oath in Plano. She responded that one is already schedueld for Feb, March interviews. I took it meant May oath is not available for immediat assignment. I then picked the June 14th one. She printed the oath letter and handed to me.

The officer might be an supervisor as she sits in an office. I saw some people sitting in the cubes. She said Wednesday was a short day for them, she only interviewed 8 people. I am imipressed to see they are acutally very organized. All my files with the assigned Alien ID are binded nicely in a thick folder. I assume the folder contains all my history, maybe even including I-20s they issued to me when I was student.

I am glad the oath date is taken care of now. My citizenship process seems to be much simpler than GC process.

Good luck everyone!

My dates are:

RD 12/1/06
FP 12/27/06
IV ND 2/16/07
IV 4/25/07
Oath 6/14/07
Congrats ej!!!
Good to know there are 2 Oaths in June, I might get into 1 of those if things go smoothly.

Good luck everyone!

My dates are:

RD 12/1/06
FP 12/27/06
IV ND 2/16/07
IV 4/25/07
Oath 6/14/07

I had my interview on April 25th. They said, no oath ceremony date was available at the moment, and I have to wait up to 90 days for a letter. But she told me it wouldn’t take that long.

Well, I just start waiting again, as we do during the process. :)

RD 12/1/06
FP 12/27/06
IV 4/25/07
Oath ??/??/??

I had my interview on April 25th. They said, no oath ceremony date was available at the moment, and I have to wait up to 90 days for a letter. But she told me it wouldn’t take that long.
You might consider waiting a week and then scheduling an InfoPass two weeks out (which puts it someone in Mid to late May). That way, if you haven't got an oath letter you can show up and say "hey, did you forget about me?"

You might consider waiting a week and then scheduling an InfoPass two weeks out (which puts it someone in Mid to late May). That way, if you haven't got an oath letter you can show up and say "hey, did you forget about me?"

What about the 90 days waiting time. Wouldn’t they say: "What are you doing here so early?"

Can they schedule an oath ceremony with an InfoPass appointment?

Thank You

I don't know. I work on 114, about 10 minutes from the USCIS, so it's easy for me to show up and ask questions (I try to schedule them around lunchtime and stop at Schlotsky's on the way back).

If you live/work in western Fort Worth, it would be much harder.

Appreciate if you guys can help me understand the current lead time in Dallas from the day N-400 is mailed to:
1. Receiving FP notice
2. Actual FP date