Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Hello everyone,

Eventhough I am posting for the first time, I always visited this forum to get informations on dallas DO. Thank you everyone for posting the valuble informations which guides many. I would also like to post my timeline here for the benefit of others.

PD: Jan,8,2007
FP: Feb,1,2007
On line status disappeared on March 21st, 2007.
IL received: March, 24th, 2007.
Interview Date: May 24th, 2007.
Oath:????

I am applying from Lubbock county. Do any one know what might be the potential oath date for lubbock county. Thanks a lot. ;)
Congratulations MICRK!
Someone from lubbock could answer your questions better, but if lubbock is a big city like Dallas, then they would have 1 every month.
Cheers!

I have my oath ceremony on 4/4 @ Garland. I am also filling Passport Application, one of the questions is Alien Registration Number. I am trying to apply at a post office either on 4/4 or next day. Is this going to be same as my GC A# or do I get a new A#?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

thanks
s_a_kumar

Infopass question - unusual situation

I have a slightly unusual situation for which I need some help. First, here is me and my spouse's timeline

PD: Aug 15, 06
FP: Sep 23, 06
2nd FP (only for me) : Oct 18, 06 (Apparently they could not read my FPs the first time)
ID: Mar 12, 07

My spouse Oath letter at interview for 4/4. I cleared my interview, but got the N-14 (RFE) - the IO very politely told me that they could not read my FPs the 2nd time either. He told me the SOP in such cases was to get police clearance certs from the cities that I have lived in the past 5 years. This was not a problem for me since I have been in the dallas area for 5 yrs, so I got the certificates and personally delivered them to the Dallas office within 5 days of the interview. I have not heard anything from them since.

Anyone in similar situation, esp with FPs? I had my FPs done during GC process 5 yrs back and they were fine. I have taken an infopass apt for apr 13 to find out about my status. Could people who have been for infopass here in dallas enlighten me about the procedure. I believe its in the same place as the interviews. Do actual IOs conduct the infopass? Will my whole file be with the person answering my questions (like in interview)? I basically want to find out if my response to the RFE has been correctly filed, whether they need any more info, or if I am scheduled for oath. Will the infopass process help? Any other advice??

Unable to make it to the oath ceremony

I was googling around this afternoon and found this link
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/...ss.gpo.gov/cfr_2002/janqtr/pdf/8cfr337.10.pdf

I am not sure how accurate this but one of the thing it says,

§ 337.10 Failure to appear for oath administration
ceremony.
An applicant who fails to appear
without good cause for more than one
oath administration ceremony for
which he or she was duly notified shall
be presumed to have abandoned his or
her intent to be naturalized. Such presumption
shall be regarded as the receipt
of derogatory information, and
the procedures contained in § 335.5 of
this chapter shall be followed.

So for all users who were requesting to reschedule their oath, be very mindful.

By the way there is a whole lot of information on how to process naturalization application looks like field guide or something

http://law.justia.com/us/cfr/title08/8cfr338_main_02.html

Interesting reading, if not anything else.

s_a_kumar

Done my interview today

I have successfully completed my interview today.

Arrived at the office (on I-35) at 7:25AM for my 7:40AM interview. Dropped my letter in the slot and waited. Fianlly I was called at around 8:15AM. The IO asked for my GC, PP, DL and also asked if I happened to have my SSN which I showed it to her. Then she asked me to write my name on my photoes, casually asked the all yes/no questions on the last pages of N-400 application, asked me to read and write a simple sentence, 6 easy questions from civics/history and finally asked me to sign a couple of papers. Since I don't sign using my first and last name [I sign using my expanded middle initial, followed by my first and last initials], I asked her if I have to sign with my first and last name, she said 'no its not necessary'. I signed my usual way. She congratulated me and asked if 5/22 Plano Oath ceremony is ok [that would complete my 1 year of the entire process]. I said yes, took the oath appointment letter and walked out in 10 minutes.

That's all folks. Thanks a lot for the help. Keep up the wonderful work of helping others. Here is my wife's and my timeline:

PriorityDate : May 30, 2006
FingerPrint : June 29, 2006
Interview for my Wife : July 14, 2006
Oath for my Wife : Sep 20, 2006
Applied Passport for my Wife : Oct 10, 2006
Interview for me : April 3, 2007
Oath for me : May 22, 2007

Can you Dallas people shed some light on how this whole interview/oath process works? It simply makes no sense to me! We have instances here (Dallas) where they mail out the N-445's after the interview ....and then situations like kankri99 above where we walks out with one after his interview !!

I'm confused

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations kankri99, can you share with us why your application was dealyed for almost 1 yr?

Thank you...I wish I had known the reason for that....I guess it was stuck in the name check process...though my last name was not common as I mentioned in another post....

Done with the Oath Ceremony today at the Special Events Center in Garland. Very nicely organized but did not find any voter registration or passport applications at the venue. Thanks for the great help and postings on this board.

Can you Dallas people shed some light on how this whole interview/oath process works? It simply makes no sense to me! We have instances here (Dallas) where they mail out the N-445's after the interview ....and then situations like kankri99 above where we walks out with one after his interview !!

I'm confused

I got the oath letter in the mail. I think they do that only if they are waiting for a ceremony to be scheduled. However, if at the time of your interview, there is a oath ceremony scheduled, they will give you a letter as you leave your interview.

BTW, we just finished our oath ceremony at Garland about an hour/two ago. Everything went off without a hitch-Had a long wait. Checked in at 11 and was done by 3.pm.

For all of you out there who obsess about receiving a speeding ticket between the interview and oath-don't worry! All you do is check yes to the appropriate qn and take a copy of the ticket and receipt. The officer just asked if I paid it and I said yes. I asked if she wanted the reciept and she said no. Wrote "OK-paid" next to the question. We had long lines going through so she just sent me on my merry way within a minute!

The ceremony was nice but it was a long day. The journey is finally over-now just for the passport stuff.

This forum has been great! Thanks everyone for all the info.

Another post on the oath ceremony - I believe they gave 2 time slots 11 and 12pm - most to organize the traffic coming in etc. We got in at 11am and the ceremony did not start till around 2pm and was over by 3pm. Nicely done as far as organizing. They distributed the nat cert at the end by rows. So there was no chaos. We were outside by 3.15pm.

Few notes and tips. My wife initially parked at Walmart nearby as there was big crowd to get to the event site. Later they asked everyone who parked at Walmart to park at the event site (otherwise it will towed). The charge for parking is $5. Since it was a in between time for lunch, they did allow to take lunch inside. Cell phones are allowed. There were long lines at concessions.

Everything went smooth except that it was a long day. Getting out to the freeway took about 45 mins. Will depend on where you parked (relatively). So if you are planning to go, make sure that you plan for the whole day. There were about 2750 people that got naturalized.

Passport: Go to a post office. The one at DFW airport accepts them later than any other one in the area. Do the form online at http://travel.state.gov (and print it out). Get your pictures done before you head to the postoffice (though some post offices will do your pictures).

Voter Registration: http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/voter/reqvr.shtml

If you want to vote in the elections next month, you need to do this right away; you need to be registered by April 12 (http://www.sos.state.tx.us/about/newsreleases/2007/032907.shtml)

Congratulations to all of you.

Thanks for replying to my concern. I called the 1-800 # twice and explained the situation wherein my husband is already scheduled for oath taking and I was worried if mine (oath taking ceremony letter) got lost in the mail. I mentioned I was changing my last name and wondered if that was a factor for the delay).Both times they told me to wait 90 days after my interview date before i can make inquiry. So I guess I will do just that. Anyone here knows if the April 4 Garland ceremony was presided by a judge? I was thinking that was the reason why I was'nt scheduled for the Garland ceremony.........Again,thanks to all of you.

In this thread (may be a couple of pages back), I have described my wife's experiences. Basically she did not get the oath letter, took an infopass on 22nd and was asked to wait (till they remail), but no sign of letter till y'day.

This morning she went to the INS office in Stemmons (w/o an appt) and was asked to wait for 45 mins and then they printed the oath letter and gave it to her. She had an appt on 3rd (which we will cancel). Only adv with the appt is you don't have the wait time. But her time is at 12pm and mine is at 11am, the officer said that she can come with me (and tell them we are together) at 11 am and they will allow. BTW, there were no appts till 10th.

So my suggestion to you is to call the 800# (see the thread - few pages ago for more details - posted around 22nd) - where they will tell if the letter has been mailed or if you are scheduled for this oath ceremony. Then you can stop by the office. If you go, try to go early in the morning (like be there around 6 or 6.30 am). Good luck. :)

girl_waiting,

The Oath Ceremony was presided by the District Director of USCIS, so it is a adminstrative Ceremony. Hope that the one in Plano on May 22 is a judicial Ceremony so that my wife can attend it. My wife is still waiting since she change her name too.

Nim

This thread seems to have quited down. Any news from folks with PD/RD in Jan 2007 or FP in Feb 2007?

Took oath on 4/4 at Garland. It was a long day and there were considerable parking problems.

Does anyone have experience, applying Passport at Houston Passport Agency in person.

Questions: How long does it take to get the passport after you apply. 1 day/3 days/Week/2 weeks or 3 weeks.

thanks

Questions: How long does it take to get the passport after you apply. 1 day/3 days/Week/2 weeks or 3 weeks.

No personal experience, but...

I'm told if you make an appointment, and you have proof that you will be traveling within the timeframe of what expedited passport processing takes, then you should get it in a day or two (folks have said that they showed up first thing in the morning and got the doc by the end of the day).

We did expedited processing last June, July and November and got each of the passports in about 2 weeks. Because of the Mexico/Canada changes, it sounds like it takes 3 or 4 weeks these days (but, you don't need proof of an imminent trip).