Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

I am really confused about how they choose oath ceremony dates for everyone, i see on here there are a few people who had their interviews after i did but recieved an oath letter alreay, i took an info for April 6 so lets what happens..because i was told that my application is still going through additional check but i was approved, i guest i really do need to speak with an officer

Mailed in: Oct 23 06
PD: Oct 30 06
FP:Nov 23 06
interview: Feb 26 07
Oath: Clueless

Does this look familiar? http://immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1634917&postcount=12

How do you know you are undergoing additional checks? Did you speak to an actual officer?

Welcome to the club.

My timeline as mentioned below.

PD 7/21/06
FP Done on 08/14/06
Interview letter received 11/30/06
Interview date 01/18/07.
Oath letter Recd. 03/24/07
Oath date 04/04/07

Questions:
1. Got a traffic speeding ticket/citation. I am assuming will have to mention it on the back of Oath letter. With time being so short, don't think will have a proof of payment with me so soon. Please guide?

2. What is the importance of getting the voter registration? Is it absolutely required? When and where to get it done?. Does it have to be done in home jurisdiction area or can be done anywhere in the state? I am traveling pretty much every week for past few months and may continue to for sometime to come.

3. Do we need a new Social Security card, what would be different on new one? Per my understanding the SS number would remain the same. Again, do we need to apply for it in the home area only?

Thanks a lot to all the participants/members of this forum. This forum has helped everyone tremendously and eased lot of pains in this long journey of immigration.

Join the club! I am one of those unlucky ones too who got my first ticket after the interview and before the oath. I paid it and plan to carry the receipt as well as a copy of the ticket or the original ticket if you have it. Based on all my research that should be sufficient. The ticket will tell them that it was merely a speeding ticket and not anything more serious like a dui etc.

Does this look familiar? http://immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1634917&postcount=12

How do you know you are undergoing additional checks? Did you speak to an actual officer?

Welcome to the club.
I spoke with an officer from the 800 # and the told me that i am going through additional check......what additional check ???? and i see our timeline are almost simular

Mailed in: Oct 23 06
PD: Oct 30 06
FP:Nov 23 06
interview: Feb 26 07
Oath: Clueless

Oath questions

Hi
My wife’s oath is on 4/4 at Garland for 7.40am.
1)Other than oath letter, GC, is there anything else that needs to be taken to the oath ceremony?
2)I read on this forum that GC is to be surrendered to get the naturalization certificate? Is this true? My wife is planning to goto UAE soon after. That will mean she will have to apply for US passport. Will the passport office accept the naturalization certificate as proof of citizenship?
3)Voter registration – If I read correctly, she doesn’t HAVE to do it right then and there, it can be done later? Any reason to do it there?
4)SSN – Again, if I read correctly, this can wait too? And the SS number isn’t going to change correct?

Thanks in advance,
KG
Looks like there are a bunch of us from this board scheduled for the 4/4 at Garland...

Timeline:
Mine:
Application Sent: Sep 28, 2006
Application Recd: Oct 2, 2006
Priority Date : Oct 2, 2006
Checks Cashed : Oct 3, 2006
Receipt Date: Oct 6, 2006
Fingerprint notice: Oct 11, 2006
Fingerprint completed: Oct 20, 2006
Interview Date: April 16, 2006

My wife's:
Application Sent: Sep 28, 2006
Application Recd: Oct 2, 2006
Priority Date : Oct 2, 2006
Checks Cashed : Oct 3, 2006
Receipt Date: Oct 6, 2006
Fingerprint notice: Oct 11, 2006
Fingerprint completed: Oct 21, 2006
Interview Notice: Dec 20, 2006
Interview Date: Feb 14, 2007
Oath Date: April 04, 2007 Garland

I received the Oath Ceremony letter, but I have misplaced it. I know it was in Garland, TX on April 4th at 9am.

Can you give me the details , i.e. address

I just come back from my interview.

The officer went through my application page by page, asking questions like still work at xxxxx, date of birth, last time you traveled, etc. Then the officer got the page changes from me (because I said that I have one change ) and stapled into the application, and then asked me to sign in the application. The officer asked if I want name change, I have said no, then she asked me to write my full name on the photo. While doing this stuff, in parallel I was asked the civil questions and was asked to write/read a simple sentence. Nothing more was asked to prove and nothing more was asked to show.

The whole interview lasted for about 10 mins and the officer was very very friendly. I went well prepared including all the documents discussed in this forum, but I ended up showing nothing.

The officer said "Congrats" and handed out two papers finally

1. Paper that shows I passed and I was recommended for citizenship
2. The Oath ceremony invitation letter which is scheduled on May 22nd at Plano.

I did ask about possibility of April 4th ceremony, and got reply that it is too soon to prepare paperwork from their part.

My Time line
-----------------
Nov 6th. Mailed application
Nov 27th Notice receivd. (PD Nov 9. ND Nov 20.)
Nov 28th FP notice received.
Dec 5th FP Done
Jan 19th Interview letter date
Jan 25th Received interview letter - Interview scheduled March 28th
Mar 28th Interview passed and received Oath Ceremony letter for May 22nd@Plano

kg_i140waiter said:
1)Other than oath letter, GC, is there anything else that needs to be taken to the oath ceremony?
Take what it says on the oath letter. If you checked "yes" to any questions, take documentation about what happened. I left my entire N-400 file in the trunk of my car, however, in case something came up (nothing did)
kg_i140waiter said:
2)I read on this forum that GC is to be surrendered to get the naturalization certificate? Is this true? My wife is planning to goto UAE soon after. That will mean she will have to apply for US passport. Will the passport office accept the naturalization certificate as proof of citizenship?
Yes, you give away your GC. Before your oath, go to http://travel.state.gov, fill in a passport application on-line and print it out and get your pictures taken. Read all the instructions and make sure you have everything right. Find a place that accepts passport applications (like a post office) and ask if they want you to make an appointment (and, make an appointment if you need to). Then you can go directly from the oath ceremony to the passport acceptance place. You will need to give them your natz cert. I stopped at home on the way to scan in the certificate.

You can pay extra to have things expedited. Because of the recent rules changes, expedited passports now seem to be taking around 4 weeks. If you are traveling real soon, and you have proof (like airline tickets or a reservation confirmation), you can drive to the State Department's "Passport Agency" in Houston and get a passport in a day or three.
kg_i140waiter said:
3)Voter registration – If I read correctly, she doesn’t HAVE to do it right then and there, it can be done later? Any reason to do it there?
You can do this any time. If you want to vote in the early May local elections, you'll want to do it right away (in Texas, you must be a registered voter for 30 days before you can vote). You can pick up the form at the oath (you need to know what county you live it - it's done by county), then fill it in that evening and mail it the next day
kg_i140waiter said:
4)SSN – Again, if I read correctly, this can wait too? And the SS number isn’t going to change correct?
Your SSN doesn't change. You just need to notify them that you are a citizen. We just went to the SSA office on Rt 360 in Grande Prairie several months after we were all citizens (our oaths were months apart). Bring your natz cert (and/or a passport), a driver's license and your SSN card.

Hi
My wife got oath letter for 4/4 garland but i didn't she had IV on 1/23 and i had on 2/5. Did any one with IV in Feb got Oath letter. I called 800 number today and i was told that i was recommended for citzenship on 2/5 and supervisor approved on 2/12. Nothing has been scheduled yet for the oath. I am a bit worried as i see lot of people with IV later date got oath letters. Any Advise is appreciated

fundoos,
I am in a similar situation. I had my interview on March 1st and still waiting for my Oath letter. I am thinking of going for an infopass. May be you should do the same.

We just come back from my wife's interview today morning.

The whole interview lasted for about 10 to 15 mins and the officer was very very friendly.

We again went well prepared including all the documents discussed in this forum, but she ended up showing only the Green Card.

My wife came out with two papers finally

1. Paper that shows she passed and was recommended for citizenship
2. The Oath ceremony invitation letter which is scheduled on May 22nd at Plano.

I have a situation - that I need to go to India after my interview for 3 months. I need help to know the following.

Do I have to submit my GC after my inteview?
Can I postpone my Oath ceremony? I live in Tarrant county. I saw a posting talking about postponing the Oath ceremony. Can you provide the details covered in that letter?

Appreciate sharing your experience.

Regards

Hello everyone,

My husband and I have had our interview on Jan 25, 2007. His oath taking date is on April 4 at Garland but I still havent received a letter for an oath taking date. Everyone I knew who were interviewed around the same time as ours are also scheduled to take their oath this April.
I am just a little anxious but I was wondering If my application for name change ( I still carry my maiden name and now changing to have my husband's last name) has something to do with the delay. Does anyone know if the oath ceremony in Garland will be presided by a judge or an INS official? Thanks, I will appreciate your prompt reply to my concern>

Hi
My wife got oath letter for 4/4 garland but i didn't she had IV on 1/23 and i had on 2/5. Did any one with IV in Feb got Oath letter. I called 800 number today and i was told that i was recommended for citzenship on 2/5 and supervisor approved on 2/12. Nothing has been scheduled yet for the oath. I am a bit worried as i see lot of people with IV later date got oath letters. Any Advise is appreciated

My husband I had our interview on Feb 12 and we got our oath letters for the April 4th ceremony. Why don't you take an infopass appointment to find out what the reason is for the delay. You can say you were worried the oath letter got lost in the mail.

Hello everyone,

My husband and I have had our interview on Jan 25, 2007. His oath taking date is on April 4 at Garland but I still havent received a letter for an oath taking date. Everyone I knew who were interviewed around the same time as ours are also scheduled to take their oath this April.
I am just a little anxious but I was wondering If my application for name change ( I still carry my maiden name and now changing to have my husband's last name) has something to do with the delay. Does anyone know if the oath ceremony in Garland will be presided by a judge or an INS official? Thanks, I will appreciate your prompt reply to my concern>

In this thread (may be a couple of pages back), I have described my wife's experiences. Basically she did not get the oath letter, took an infopass on 22nd and was asked to wait (till they remail), but no sign of letter till y'day.

This morning she went to the INS office in Stemmons (w/o an appt) and was asked to wait for 45 mins and then they printed the oath letter and gave it to her. She had an appt on 3rd (which we will cancel). Only adv with the appt is you don't have the wait time. But her time is at 12pm and mine is at 11am, the officer said that she can come with me (and tell them we are together) at 11 am and they will allow. BTW, there were no appts till 10th.

So my suggestion to you is to call the 800# (see the thread - few pages ago for more details - posted around 22nd) - where they will tell if the letter has been mailed or if you are scheduled for this oath ceremony. Then you can stop by the office. If you go, try to go early in the morning (like be there around 6 or 6.30 am). Good luck. :)

I have a situation - that I need to go to India after my interview for 3 months. I need help to know the following.

Do I have to submit my GC after my inteview?
Can I postpone my Oath ceremony? I live in Tarrant county. I saw a posting talking about postponing the Oath ceremony. Can you provide the details covered in that letter?

Appreciate sharing your experience.

Regards

I don't have any experience in this regard, but something I was contemplating about postponing the oath. From what I see in the thread, they might give you the oath letter if your interview is in the next few days. You can ask the IO about postponing the oath. But the only problem might be that you might recieve it when you are gone. They might try to accomodate your request, but there is no guarantee that they will. Atleast that is what I was told when I asked If I can postpone mine. I decided to stick with the current one and postpone my trip. Good luck.

Lubbock county anyone!

Hello everyone,

Eventhough I am posting for the first time, I always visited this forum to get informations on dallas DO. Thank you everyone for posting the valuble informations which guides many. I would also like to post my timeline here for the benefit of others.

PD: Jan,8,2007
FP: Feb,1,2007
On line status disappeared on March 21st, 2007.
IL received: March, 24th, 2007.
Interview Date: May 24th, 2007.
Oath:????

I am applying from Lubbock county. Do any one know what might be the potential oath date for lubbock county. Thanks a lot. ;)