dallas timeline

ilina

I got receipt date 07/27/07 and got fingerprint scheduled for 01/29/08.

How much would it take to get citizenship.

My info is as follows (Dallas):

7/17/07 priority date
10/9/07 finger prints
2/5/08 Interview date

Does anyone know if they do same day oaths?

I got receipt date 07/27/07 and got fingerprint scheduled for 01/29/08.

How much would it take to get citizenship.

WOW!!!!!!

your receipt date is 10 days after that of Salujac but look at him/her.

He has already gotten his INTERVIEW DATE/letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He did his fingerprints 3 months and 19 days before you!!!!!!!

Those 10 days cost a lot in terms of time!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
my N400 VSC Rcv date Aug 1, 2007 as per post office
Got receipt Notice : Nov2, 2007
FP for NY Long Island : Dec 15,2007

by the time I got by FP I was in Dallas TX and waiting for my FP to be taken at dallas as moved to dallas. VSC has updated my address as idea how soon should I get by FP done in TX

Thanks in advance and hope to hear from U soon

You may want to try FP walk in on Wednesday afternoon at the Dallas office and show the FP letter you got from NY. What date was the original appointment FP for?

You may want to try FP walk in on Wednesday afternoon at the Dallas office and show the FP letter you got from NY. What date was the original appointment FP for?

Walk in will not work even though you may have a legitimate excuse. I tried and they were somewhat rude especially one lady. Told me to reschdule later on if I could not appear at schduled time. It didn't matter to them if it was months later on.:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Walk in will not work even though you may have a legitimate excuse. I tried and they were somewhat rude especially one lady. Told me to reschdule later on if I could not appear at schduled time. It didn't matter to them if it was months later on.:mad:

What day of the week did you try?

I must correct this. It was Ft Worth office. My mistake.
It was Wednesday. But the clerk said it didn't matter if it was any day. I will have to come on the appointment time. They are no walk - ins allowed any day, Wednesday or Saturday or any day. If one has any excuse and will miss the appointment then they could come, they said "even months later." It didn't matter at all to those 2 clerks if one has to postpone fingerprints by months due to some valid excuse. :mad:

Sounds like those 2 clerks were on their high horse as other DOs do allow walk ins. Have you tried Infopass to reschedule FP fdate?

I was surpired to see that in line there were all mexicans and very few desis and if this trend continnues we will be alll minority and have to learn spanish .......I hope that day never comes ....

Surprised to see so many Mexicans in Texas? Welcome to the next chapter in US immigration. Hispanics already are the largest minority group in the US, making up 15% of the population so you better get used to it.

geeta is right I took my NY paper work for my FP in dallas worth office and I was not entertained for FP and was told to come back when U have right paper work ...just for your info .......

I was surpired to see that in line there were all mexicans and very few desis and if this trend continnues we will be alll minority and have to learn spanish .......I hope that day never comes ....

When I went there were 4 people inside. There were 2 sitting outside the suite, waiting perhaps. May be for relatives or otherwise, I don't know. That is all. I don't know if that is termed "busy". It is not my concern to which ethnic group they belonged. I just see them as "people" just like me.