Dallas BEC Approval Queue Tracker

Good news for RIR's at Enterject

From my lawyer about the cases at Enterject:

We have recently learned that the RIR labor certification application has been transferred to the Backlog Processing Center (BPC). This is good news as the BPC now has the file and will be able to review the case and make a decision. Unfortunately, there are no processing times as of yet (although we anticipate them in the future) as to how long it will take to process the RIR labor certification case.

which world are you in man? are you new here? this is last year's news - this forum is existing to analyze processing times - not hear stale news

surf_smarter said:
From my lawyer about the cases at Enterject:

We have recently learned that the RIR labor certification application has been transferred to the Backlog Processing Center (BPC). This is good news as the BPC now has the file and will be able to review the case and make a decision. Unfortunately, there are no processing times as of yet (although we anticipate them in the future) as to how long it will take to process the RIR labor certification case.

Hard Copy

gcin05 said:
When can I expect the actual approval letter from the DOL? The screen shot shows that the labor has been certified (certification date 7/5/05).

RIR
EB2
MI
PD 12/02
RD 1/2004
Recd and Replied 45 day letter in Mar 2005

Thanks.

My PD is Dec 14th 2002. Haven't received the hard copy either. Please post when you do.

H1-B year Ext.

Hi

I wanted to know if in case, I sent mail to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US for 7th year extension then

My quesiton

what is the content of this mail?
Is there a problem if you sent multiple mail for same case from multiple time?

Your prompt response is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Sandeep Sahai

I know some people who have been repeatedly sending those mails, though there may be no problem to that case, it impacts the approval speed of the superfast DBEC !!!

DOL Concern with Abuse of the LC Verification Procedure

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) labor certification Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC) have an eMail address available for requesting a screenshot of the date a pending labor certification was filed. This system was begun so that pending labor certification cases could be confirmed to establish eligibility for H1B extensions beyond the six-year limit. The system is apparently being abused by those sending requests that are clearly unrelated to H1B extensions. This misuse is causing delays for bona fide H1B extension applicants.

The Philadelphia BEC reported in July 2005 that they are receiving eMails requesting the case confirmation screen even when the beneficiary is not in H1B status. As a result, the Philadelphia BEC may be delayed in sending the screenshots for legitimate H1B extension cases. The Philadelphia BEC has requested that the eMail address only be used to request screenshots for proof for one-year incremental H1B extensions only.

We presume that people have been utilizing this eMail address simply to verify that a case has reached the BEC. It is certainly understandable that having cases in an untraceable system creates anxiety and even distrust between employer / employee and client / attorney. There are also times when the filing date and proof of the filing date are vital. This is true in cases filed prior to April 30, 2001, for 245(i) qualification. Thus, people may be seeking the proof of filing for purposes of establishing 245(i) eligibility based upon the labor certification filing. The verification system was established, however, for the limited purpose of H1B extensions while the data is being entered into the system. This restriction should be recognized and respected to help everyone in the long run.

On a related but separate matter, we at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy suggest that the DOL may wish to consider permitting verification through the eMail address or another system for other genuine purposes for those who need some verification or are anxious about pending cases. Of course, after the DOL issues all the 45-day continuation letters, the need for the eMail address for H1B extensions is eliminated. The excessive demand for eMail verifications is likely delaying the issuance of the 45-day letters and case processing by the BECs, so it is best to cooperate and use the system sparingly for legitimate cases.

Tracking number and its implications

Today, I got my tracking number from BEC through my lawyer: T-05140-3XXXX. How do I find out where do I sit in the queue. I tried looking for some info on how to decipher this tracking number, but to no avail. Would appreciate if someone could shed light or point to to a right place.

Hi mvinays,
Sad to know that your bro was laidoff. You have been a great help to this forum. Hope it might help your bro in getting new job ASAP. I think your bro should look for some company in MI area. You can try www.micareerbuilder.com .

GPG

mvinays said:
Friends,
I am sorry to let you know that my brother got laid off on Friday (Aug 12). He is on F-1 OPT and has only 3 months remaining to change status to H-1. His OPT expires on Dec 12, 2005. We are very worried because of the quota issue. He is a Mechanical Engineer and has a Master's degree in Mech Engg from the US. There are only 10,000 more H-1B visas left for US Master's degree holders for FY 2006. If he doesn't get a new job and hence a new H-1B status, he will have to permanently go back to India after Dec 12, 2005. Only God knows how much my mom and him have struggled to get student loans and have him get a US Master's degree. It is very painful to think of it. He is now starting to apply for PhD programs and other MS degrees to maintain F-1 status after OPT expiration. If any of you guys are Mechanical Engineers and have possible job openings in your company, please contact me ASAP. I can forward his resume to you. I will greatly appreciate any support you can offer.
Thank you all!!!

------------

Also, I know that this is unrelated to this tracker...I have most friends in this tracker and hence but I am posting it here because I need emotional support from my friends in this thread. So, please don't shoot me.

Labor Approved finally

I am happy to know that my labor is approved fianlly after 3years. Today my HR told that they rcvd. the approval notice. Here are the details.

EB2/RIR/CA
PD : Sept. 26th 2002
RD : Aug.13th 2003
45day : March 8th 2005
Labor Approved : Aug.15th 2005 :)

Thank you GP111,Icarus and others who gave some light to this forum

LC Approved

just got an email from the lawyer that my LC got approved.
PD: Aug 21 2002
EB3

Certified Application received Aug 15 2005. Thanks to GP111 and Icarus for providing valuable feedback.

Certified

:) Hi all,
I have been a silent observer of this forum & have gathered valuable information from all of you.Thankyou!
My labour has been certified as per the screenshot received today.
The details are as follows:

PD: 01/16/2003
Processing type: RIR/EB2
State: Texas
Case recvd date: 09/23/2004
Center: Dallas BEC
Case status: Certified
Existance check: Overridden
Date submitted: 07/25/2005
Hard copy: Not yet..

Hope this helps..

Last edited by a moderator:
How to get the screenshot

Hi,

Sorry for the dump and repeated question. I have got my case number from my lawyer and try to send email to get the screenshot. This is the question:

1. Is there a certain format I should use to compile the email?

2. What is the email address? My case should be in Dallas, but I guess I might need to try philly as well..

3. I am not really in 7-year extension, can I get screenshot with the email?

Thanks in advance.

Labor filed in 2001 from Wisconsin EB2 - Non RIR

I am new to this forum. Thanks for all the valuable information you guys have shared. My labor was filed from Wisconsin in Nov 2001, non-RIR, EB2 category. Have not received the 45 day letter yet.
Please let me know your thoughts, I am concerned that my labor petition could have got lost.

Hard copy

Hard copy

ETA Case # D-050*
PD: 1/3/3
Processing Type: RIR
Case Source: Region
Case Received Date: 1/14/5
Case Status: Certified
Date Submitted: 7/15/5
Existence Check: Overridden
Correction Letter Generated: 4/7/5
Correction Options Returned: 4/26/5
45-day-letter sent out date 5/5/5
Hard Copy: 8/16/5

LC approved and received

Filed from CA/RIR.
PD: Sep 20, 2002
DOL RD: Aug 4, 2003
45 day letter replied sometime in Jan 2005
Attorney emailed me yesterday about receipt of approval.

Dont have the case number as it is employer's property!
Good luck to everyone.
Thanks to ICARUS and other folks who helped track approvals.

Guys , My Case number is D-042xx-xxxx and I see in this form a case with number D-043xx-xxxxx was approved. Given that this case was entered in the database after me and I have not received any approval notice, should I be worried ?

DeshWasi said:
Guys , My Case number is D-042xx-xxxx and I see in this form a case with number D-043xx-xxxxx was approved. Given that this case was entered in the database after me and I have not received any approval notice, should I be worried ?

What's your PD? LCs are being approved as per PD not the case number. The approval queue is around mid Feb 2003.

Victoria97 said:
What's your PD? LCs are being approved as per PD not the case number. The approval queue is around mid Feb 2003.
Jan 2003....Tried the screen shot email this morning..have not received any reply yet.

That being said..should I be worried ?

DeshWasi said:
Jan 2003....Tried the screen shot email this morning..have not received any reply yet.

That being said..should I be worried ?

If your case made to the regional most likely your approval is on it way! Keep your fingers crossed :)

Victoria97 said:
If your case made to the regional most likely your approval is on it way! Keep your fingers crossed :)
Got the screen shot this morning..status shows as RIR. Don't know why the case is stuck.