Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

gc_long_waiter said:
Hi Guys,

I checked the case status of some 50 numbers that are before and after mine and all of them are either certified or withdrawn and only mine shows as In Process. Is this the same with any of you there. I would really appreciate a reply.

ETA Case #: D-05007-xxxxx, PD Feb 2004.
you case could be put in full review, it could be months or years later than normal case, that happened to mine

GYC said:
you case could be put in full review, it could be months or years later than normal case, that happened to mine

The whole process (BEC / LC) has comnpletely broken down. All of us have three choices:

1. Completely forget the whole thing and treat the GC process as a 'BIG LOTTERY'.

2. Try earnestly , join lobby groups like IV, meet lawmakers and get some legislative fix. This is of course going to be a really uphill task given all the games politicians play and the increasingly xenophobic climate we are seeing in this country now. At the end of the day whether we succeed or not, we would atleast have tried to fix this problem proactively.

3. Keep speculating / theorising / Analyzing the BEC process endlessly untill we all go completely cuckoo.

Its incorrect way of checking

Hello,

Crawling through cases before and after your own case is an incorrect way. The cases were entered randomly, for example some of the RIR cases which had priority dates of early 2002 have cases numbers D-05014 or D-05011, what that means is on this dates the BEC guys entered the application in the new PBLS system. Since they are picking cases randomly there is no real way of figuring out.

Just wait and watch and some day you will be able to get some news about your case.

In my case, I have waited almost 4 years now, and just came to know that the BEC had lost my ETA forms, so they asked for that and now I have sent them filled out new ETA750 Form, so hopefully they will work on it and give some decision on it before they close this Backlog Center in Dallas.

Thanks

gc_long_waiter said:
Hi Guys,

I checked the case status of some 50 numbers that are before and after mine and all of them are either certified or withdrawn and only mine shows as In Process. Is this the same with any of you there. I would really appreciate a reply.

ETA Case #: D-05007-xxxxx, PD Feb 2004.

Thanks you all for replying. At least I don't feel now like I'm the only one hanging by my unmentionables.
And I heard from my lawyer today that they received a letter from DOL that my case has been denied and they have 30 days to rebut their findings with documents to certify my job offer is bonafide. Well, whatever, I'm happy somebody atleast looked at my application.

Kanjoos said:
Hello,

Crawling through cases before and after your own case is an incorrect way. The cases were entered randomly, for example some of the RIR cases which had priority dates of early 2002 have cases numbers D-05014 or D-05011, what that means is on this dates the BEC guys entered the application in the new PBLS system. Since they are picking cases randomly there is no real way of figuring out.

Just wait and watch and some day you will be able to get some news about your case.

In my case, I have waited almost 4 years now, and just came to know that the BEC had lost my ETA forms, so they asked for that and now I have sent them filled out new ETA750 Form, so hopefully they will work on it and give some decision on it before they close this Backlog Center in Dallas.

Thanks

roma77 said:
As I said - with current rate of approvals approximately 74 weeks (1.5 years) for DBEC. And that's if regular cases are approved with the same speed.
roma,
what are the latest stats on this ?
Thanks

Finally got my labor approved

I have been a silent reader of this forum and want to share the good news with all of you that my status is CERTIFIED as per web.

Case Details:
Filed in CA in RIR in July'02
Recd 45 day letter in Feb'05, responded in March'05
Recd NOF in Aug early'06, responded to that NOF in Aug end '06
Stats is CERTIFIED as of 11/27/06 but still waiting for the actual letter from DOL to the attorneys.

Good luck to all.

Certified Online

Hi guys,

It's my turn to report the good news now. I checked my online status this morning and found no luck. But I rechecked just now and found it's certified. I see WAITINHOPE got approval too today. I think it's very encouraging for guys with old PD like us. I am pretty sure next it's your turn to report good news.

Thanks to ROMA77 for the wonderful job. and I pray that BEC will fasten their pace and release all the prisoner there soon.

question re: ads

hello everyone!

I'd just like to confirm if my lawyer's information is accurate.
My case# is D-05186-***** and EB3 Non-RIR with PD of Apr 2004

My status has been IN-PROCESS for a while now so I asked my lawyer when should the ads be ran. He said that we can't run the ads until they hear from DOL. Is this true?

If the Backlog center has a target date of Sep 2007, will my case make the deadline?

For those with a similar case that have ben certified, when were your ads published and how long after these were published did you get certified?

Thank you for any information on this matter

ianxci said:
hello everyone!

I'd just like to confirm if my lawyer's information is accurate.
My case# is D-05186-***** and EB3 Non-RIR with PD of Apr 2004

My status has been IN-PROCESS for a while now so I asked my lawyer when should the ads be ran. He said that we can't run the ads until they hear from DOL. Is this true?

If the Backlog center has a target date of Sep 2007, will my case make the deadline?

For those with a similar case that have ben certified, when were your ads published and how long after these were published did you get certified?

Thank you for any information on this matter

Your lawyer is correct... Not sure whether BECs will be able to meet their target. However, you may try convert the pending non-RIR case to RIR as per the following link. RIR cases require less time for adjudication and this is likely to meet the deadline.

Great News!

Guys

Last evening I checked and it was showing "IN PROCESS"; this morning I checked it is "CERTIFIED" thank GOD.

Finally close to 3 years; NOW it's my turn to say My Labor has been "CERTIFIED"

BIG thank you to all guys; and please keep your hope positive everything will be allright.

Please guys update the log.

RajWaitingonLCA
PD: DEC'2003
CA EB3/RIR
45 days letter: JULY'2005
NOF: JULY'2006

JAI SAIRAM

Congratulations Raj !!!

RajWaitingonLCA said:
Guys

Last evening I checked and it was showing "IN PROCESS"; this morning I checked it is "CERTIFIED" thank GOD.

BIG thank you to all guys; and please keep your hope positive everything will be allright.

RajWaitingonLCA
CA EB3/RIR

JAI SAIRAM

certified

Thank God. My case is certified. I checked status on thanksgiving and I saw the CERTIFIED next to my case no the first time. Today lawyer notified me that he received the paper.
Hope everyone here get certified.

CA RIR EB2
PD Apr 04
45DL -Apr 06
Certified Before Thanksgiving 06

RajWaitingonLCA said:
Guys

RajWaitingonLCA
CA EB3/RIR

JAI SAIRAM

Congratulations Raj!!! My PD is also Dec 2003 ... I hope you rub me some of your luck, buddy! Mine still shows in process...

Re: DBEC - NOF

Gurus - Can someone tell me how long it usually takes for the case to get a decision after the NOF about the salary raise was responded? My lawyer has responded to DBEC on my NOF this past week. Is there any general trend or it is something you could never guess with BECs???
Thanks n Appreciate your input...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Priority Date - 10/2003
Filing State - MI
Closed - Feb'2006
Re-opened - May'2006
Current Status - In Process (since May'2006)

DBEC_Labor_Pain said:
Gurus - Can someone tell me how long it usually takes for the case to get a decision after the NOF about the salary raise was responded? My lawyer has responded to DBEC on my NOF this past week. Is there any general trend or it is something you could never guess with BECs???
Thanks n Appreciate your input...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Priority Date - 10/2003
Filing State - MI
Closed - Feb'2006
Re-opened - May'2006
Current Status - In Process (since May'2006)

It depends on case to case.. In my case it took 10 days

Salary NOF and response time.

vfast said:
It depends on case to case.. In my case it took 10 days

You are right, it varies from case to case. I had prevailing wage NOF back in Aug. No response from DBEC yet!.

RajWaitingonLCA said:
Guys

RajWaitingonLCA
CA EB3/RIR

JAI SAIRAM

Congratulations Raj, that is a great news. I received NOF in Aug. I hope I also hear from DBEC soon.

Case closed at Dallas BEC

Gurus,

Dallas BEC closed by my RIR application as my move to a new office building in the same metropolitan area was not reported to them even though the legal dept address (at which the DOL had been corresponding) hasnt changed. A request to re-open the case was sent out 50 days back, however the online status still shows "Closed"

At this time, I have two options and hence corresponding queries:

1. Wait and hope that the RIR case would be re-opened.
Query: what are the chances? How long a wait is worth its time.

OR

2. File a new PERM.
Query: Is there a way I can retain my PD? I guess PERM can be filed with RIR in BEC but is there any guidance (or lack of it) from DOL. RIR to PERM transfer is not possible since the address is somewhat different. Only looking for some official wording on legality of maintaining two applications at the same time.

Can some share some experience or knowhow on this?

AB