Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

dansworth - ETA #

dansworth,

Can you please share the first 5-7 digits of your ETA #.

Appreciate it.

Strange that your PD is on a Fed holiday ;) . Hope DBEC was working on weekend too..!!!

dansworth said:
PD: july 4th 2004 (EB2, RIR)
45-day letter: Apr. 19th 2006
NOF: July 18th 2006
Certified: Oct. 17th 2006.

Thank you all for the information. Good luck to you all.

Not EB2, why? BS+5yr & Masters + 3 yr

Following is the REquirement given in my LC ETA Form (approved recently), can you think of a solid reason why this is not a EB2 case? my attorney says it is EB3

Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Computer related field (e.g. Computer Science, MIS, IS, Engineering, Math, or Physics) plus 5 Years progressively more responsible experience developing IT solutions.
OR
Master’s degree (or equivalent) in listed or related field plus three years experience developing IT solutions.

Slowdown in approvals

There seems to be a marked slowdown in the number of approvals being posted on this forum. At one time there was a slew of posts informing of LC approval within a few weeks of responding to the 45-day letter. DBEC seems to have slowed down considerably :(

-------------------------------------------
Case #: D-05196-*****
PD: April 14, 2004
45-day letter recvd: June 2006
45-day letter response: July 25, 2006
Case Status: In Process
--------------------------------------------

Early PD Approval

With PD of Oct2002, my case is among the oldest. The status as shown in the web was changed from 'In Process' to 'Certified' last Friday (10/13). I received the letter dated 10/02 today (10/17). The web is not updated immediately after decision.

Yours is not the oldest PD, mine is May2002! Still 'In Process'.

T555 said:
With PD of Oct2002, my case is among the oldest. The status as shown in the web was changed from 'In Process' to 'Certified' last Friday (10/13). I received the letter dated 10/02 today (10/17). The web is not updated immediately after decision.

Request

I see very few people are getting approval from state IL, please post your detail if your case was filed under state IL.

Can anybody tell me what is going on with the non-RIR applications at DBEC? Approx. which month/year DBEC is processing for non-RIR applications.

Thanks

kgp said:
Following is the REquirement given in my LC ETA Form (approved recently), can you think of a solid reason why this is not a EB2 case? my attorney says it is EB3

Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Computer related field (e.g. Computer Science, MIS, IS, Engineering, Math, or Physics) plus 5 Years progressively more responsible experience developing IT solutions.
OR
Master’s degree (or equivalent) in listed or related field plus three years experience developing IT solutions.

EB2/ EB3 is not just based on education and experience but also on Job Title/ JOB Description; Requirements of the particular job, Prevailing wage for that particular position in the particular zip code, salary paid for the particular job etc. I guess many of the forum members are confuse about this and asking same questions again and again. You don't qualify for EB2 Category by default just because you have master's degree and work experience. Please go to USDOL web site and surf little more about prevailing wage and Salary requirements. You will find the answers.

Just by the wording I'd guess it is a perfect example of EB2. However, DelicateOne made a good point and you might want to verify the job code, prevailing wage, etc. on your certified LC. What did your lawyer say regarding why he thinks it is EB3? Also are there any notes in the big box that says something different? You may have a chance to fight whatever the reason is. Please do keep us posted and I hope you win the battle.

kgp said:

OR

Has anyone seen recent approvals for reopened cases? Are DBEC working on something else now? The holiday season is quickly approaching and I can't imagine how slow it will be then....

I am also in this unluck boat. My attorney told me today that they started seeing a few job orders for 2001 TR cases, but he also said " it seems like this took forever".

tyrant said:
Can anybody tell me what is going on with the non-RIR applications at DBEC? Approx. which month/year DBEC is processing for non-RIR applications.

Thanks

Case details

jewelhaque said:
I see very few people are getting approval from state IL, please post your detail if your case was filed under state IL.

SWA IL RIR/EB2
ETA Case: D-05110-XXXXX
Priority Date: MAY 2004
45 Day Letter Received: SEP 2005
45 Day Letter Replied: SEP 2005
Online Status = In Process

Zgreen said:
Has anyone seen recent approvals for reopened cases? Are DBEC working on something else now? The holiday season is quickly approaching and I can't imagine how slow it will be then....

I still keep tracking 20 cases around mine everyday. Since September 2006, only 1 out of 20 get certified (in the beginning of the October 2006). I feel a little bit frustrating and stress now. Don't know what else we can do except WAIT and PRAY.

Good Luck for everyone!

MI/EB2/D-05195-XXXXX
PD: June, 2004
45 Days Letter Received & Replied: May, 2006

panpangc said:
I still keep tracking 20 cases around mine everyday. Since September 2006, only 1 out of 20 get certified (in the beginning of the October 2006). I feel a little bit frustrating and stress now. Don't know what else we can do except WAIT and PRAY.

Good Luck for everyone!

MI/EB2/D-05195-XXXXX
PD: June, 2004
45 Days Letter Received & Replied: May, 2006

I agree..I have been tracking 10 cases around mine and it has been almost 6 weeks since last case was certified...DBEC is using some sort of random number generator to pick cases (the kind used in DV visa lottery to pick candidates) :rolleyes:

Here is My Case details

Case: RIR - EB3.
State: Illinois.
PD:06-24-2004.
Received 45 day letter & Replied: May 2006.
Case Number: D-05195-xxxxx
Online Status:IN PROCESS

Thank you very much for taking your time.

gconmymind said:
SWA IL RIR/EB2
ETA Case: D-05110-XXXXX
Priority Date: MAY 2004
45 Day Letter Received: SEP 2005
45 Day Letter Replied: SEP 2005
Online Status = In Process