Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

prevailing wage

i think in your case the 2003 survey should be used. maybe you can
argue different Level should be applied. what is your current wage level?
level I or II?

woden said:
Could you please help confirm one thing for me? I recently receive a NOF (Notice of Findings) from Dallas BEC telling that my salary does not meet their Prevailing Wage requirement (PWR).

I looked up the DOL wage library:
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/OesWizardStart.aspx

and found that the Prevailing Wage number DOL put on my case is based on their 2003 survey. However for my position, the prevailing wage number from the 2006 survey is about 10K lower than that from the 2003 survey, so I will be qualified now. My attorney and I believe this is a DOL/BEC entry error, since they did not update my case with this newer prevailing wage number of 2006. They SHOULD use 2006 PWR to adjudicate the RIR at current adjudication time, instead of the one at filing time of 2003.

Could anybody give me a second opinion or help confirm with your attorney? After waiting for almost 4 years, I am desperate now. Thank you so much!

Online status says "certified"

Friends

1900 days after my application was filed, I finally got to see what I have been waiting for all these years. My online status shows the magic word "Certified".

I wrote to my Congressman in July about my case and he got back to me saying that DOL had informed him that my case had been assigned to an analyst on 8/10 and that they were processing cases on a strict FIFO (!!!) basis. I pointed him to this forum and the trackitt forum and told him that DOL was not running on a FIFO basis (unless FIFO means something other than First-In-First-Out). I dont know if this helped, but it appears to have, considering that I dont see any other old (2001/2002/2003) cases come out of the black hole in the recent past.

Good luck to you all! Patience will pay.... eventually.

gcarthi

PD:Jul 2001
D-05137-xxxxx
EB2/RIR/CA
Remanded to state in Apr 03
Converted back to RIR in Sep 04
45 day letter: Received in Dec '05 responded to immediately
LC certified: 10/04/2006 (online status)

Info needed

jewelhaque said:
You need to check one more thing which is prevailing wage, did you check that.

yes i checked that .My prevailing wage is at level 4 and the highest for that position. It is also at geo level 1. what can i infer from that?Any inputs.My labor is filed for BS+5 yrs+4 months exp and has details of my masters in it too.Any inputs.

Your HR can tell that because it is their responsibility to figure it out how much would be prevailing wage. Another important factor is occupation code, when your HR calculate prevailing wage they have to select correct occupation code for EB2. Sometime by looking into occupation code you could tell it is EB2 or EB3.

Chocolate said:
How can i check that?

Last edited by a moderator:
To justlc for PWD

justlc,

Try this link.

You would need your job code from your LC to check more correctly. Even if you don't have check the job secs...for Computer / S/w professionals it starts from 15-1021 and later...for Pharmacists it is 29-1051...etc

I read somwhere that the Level 1 & 2 wage in the PW are EB3 and 3 & 4 are applicable for EB2.

justlc said:
Does any one know what is the Prevailing wage for EB2 and EB3 category. Since lot of you already had your screen shot, you would be definetly knowing the prevailing wages. My company told me that I was filed in EB2 category and in my screen shot it doesnot say anywhere its EB2 or EB3. Prevailing wage in my screen shot is $57540 per annum. Is this the wage for EB3 or EB2.

I asked my company, proof of my labor filing papers but HR rouges don't give me those papers.

Prevailing wage?

Immi_Seeker said:
justlc,

Try this link.

You would need your job code from your LC to check more correctly. Even if you don't have check the job secs...for Computer / S/w professionals it starts from 15-1021 and later...for Pharmacists it is 29-1051...etc

I read somwhere that the Level 1 & 2 wage in the PW are EB3 and 3 & 4 are applicable for EB2.

Thanks Immi_Seeker. Mine is 15-1061 and looking at wages, my salary was declared more than level 3. So, I think I will not have prevailing wages query from DBLC. Now the big question still stands --- If everything is correct why the hell are they taking so much time to get it cleared. mine was filed three years back and still looking forward to see the magical words 'certified' in online status.

Still I hope mine would get cleared in a couple of months. I already lost couple of good permanent oppurtunities because of this labor mess up.

gcarthi, Congratulations..Nice to see a 2001 case getting approved. Mine is June 2001 with no news. May be contacting Congressman helped.

Congrats once again..very happy for you.

gcarthi said:
Friends

1900 days after my application was filed, I finally got to see what I have been waiting for all these years. My online status shows the magic word "Certified".

I wrote to my Congressman in July about my case and he got back to me saying that DOL had informed him that my case had been assigned to an analyst on 8/10 and that they were processing cases on a strict FIFO (!!!) basis. I pointed him to this forum and the trackitt forum and told him that DOL was not running on a FIFO basis (unless FIFO means something other than First-In-First-Out). I dont know if this helped, but it appears to have, considering that I dont see any other old (2001/2002/2003) cases come out of the black hole in the recent past.

gcarthi

D-05137-xxxxx
EB2/RIR/CA

gcarthi: Congratulations! Your patience holding out all these years has been amazing. I would have gone insane or given up waiting for soooo long. It is close to 3 years since my LC and I already cannot take it. The good part now is that you will breeze onto GC in the next stages with a 2001 PD.

Congrats gcarthi. I guess you can apply for 140&485 together and have your GC before the end of the year. All the Best...

Do you have any format to write to the Congressman ?

gcarthi said:
Friends

gcarthi

D-05137-xxxxx
EB2/RIR/CA

Chocolate

If in LC advertisement it says, BS + 5 years experience. Then it can be filed in Eb2. Since you have MS degree, you should not have any problems in getting it cleared.

But make sure that the experience shown is 5+ years before you have joined the company who filed the LC advertisement for you. If the 5 years experience is including the current job.

I think Eb3 guys will be in profit starting 2007 June, if CIR Law gets passed in congress and Eb2/Eb1 will suffer retrogression badly for All countries.

Chocolate said:
Minimum req for the job was BS+5 years +4 months.for that my experience of 5 years 4 months were shown some was before MS one was after MS. Also it can be seen progressive as i was only an executive for 1 1/2 years and later i was a software analyst later promoted.The position doesnt show my MS but it was listed along with my BS.the only criteria taken into consideration is my job experience which was shown for 5 years +4 months.It was advertised as RIR.Any inputs.

Info

I have kept tracking about 40 case numbers around mine, there are about 40% of total get certified, 5% of total get closed, and 55% of total (include me) are still in "IN PROCESS" status. It looks like to me the DBEC work on the case on 45 days letter replied date (2006 Aug, Jul get cleared first, now is the Jun's turn).

45 days letter replied on: 05/2006
PD: 06/2003
MI/RIR/EB2
D-05195-2XXXX

Got LC finally after a long wait

Hello all,

I got my LC approved on Sept 25th. Just now got a mail from my attorney.

Thanks guys

45 days letter replied on: 07/25/2006
Certified on: 09/25/2006 (60 days from the date of 45 day letter reply)
PD: 03/31/2004
MI/RIR/EB3

googlegc said:
Hello all,

I got my LC approved on Sept 25th. Just now got a mail from my attorney.

Thanks guys

45 days letter replied on: 07/25/2006
Certified on: 09/25/2006 (60 days from the date of 45 day letter reply)
PD: 03/31/2004
MI/RIR/EB3
Does anybody has any format to write to the Congressman?
thanks

Before Job

Kanjoos said:
If in LC advertisement it says, BS + 5 years experience. Then it can be filed in Eb2. Since you have MS degree, you should not have any problems in getting it cleared.

But make sure that the experience shown is 5+ years before you have joined the company who filed the LC advertisement for you. If the 5 years experience is including the current job.

I think Eb3 guys will be in profit starting 2007 June, if CIR Law gets passed in congress and Eb2/Eb1 will suffer retrogression badly for All countries.

I had 5 years +4 months experience before i joined the company from which my labor is approved.the occupation title is PROGRAMMER ANALYST for this job and prevailing wage is 80k.Any inputs.

Suggestions

A few suggestions:

Keep it short (preferably less than 1 page).
Explain what you want the congresssman to do in the first paragraph. Reinforce it in the last paragraph.
Make sure your case information is displayed prominently.
Highlight the duration you have been waiting... this is the single biggest reason, IMO, that the congressman will have to help you.
Dont pour your heart out... Express the difficulties you have experienced in a matter-of-fact way.

Jackwang said:
Does anybody has any format to write to the Congressman?
thanks

chrisreddy1 said:
Is there anybody who did not receive their 45 day letter yet?

All 45 day letters have been sent by July 11th. Its possible your case is closed. Ask your attorney to contact BEC about your case.

can we write a letter to congressmen?
is personally better or group is better?
i've been waiting since aug. 2001 and nothing improving except my status says in process.....
but don't know may be another year or two who knows..........
this is making everyone's life hard..........

lets do something....