Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Info

My case is also showing approved as of friday.Its a relief if its EB2 and sad if its EB3.

PD May 2004 RIR.
45 day letter Oct 2005
Case no D-05111-xxxxx
Approval 23 sep 2006

My job req in Labor application is BS+5 yrs and has details of my masters.can it be considered EB2 .Any inputs .Thanks in advance.

Eb2/eb3

As far as I know, if it shows BS + 5years exp, then will be EB2. Don't worry..

Chocolate said:
My case is also showing approved as of friday.Its a relief if its EB2 and sad if its EB3.

PD May 2004 RIR.
45 day letter Oct 2005
Case no D-05111-xxxxx
Approval 23 sep 2006

My job req in Labor application is BS+5 yrs and has details of my masters.can it be considered EB2 .Any inputs .Thanks in advance.

Helpful info

HuhGC said:
As far as I know, if it shows BS + 5years exp, then will be EB2. Don't worry..

Thanks for the input. I am relieved if its EB2 as i am from ROW category so can file EAD/AP immediately. But somebody told that it should be progressive experience.Can u verify if BS+5 years is EB2 or it needs to be progressive. Anybody who filed as EB2 with job req as only BS+5 yrs experience.Any inputs.Thanks in advance.

I also received a Notice of Findings letter in mail. It says INTENT TO DENY. The reason stated is the Prevailing wage is higher than the offered wage. Has anyone faced similar situation? If yes, what did you do? Please suggest/help.

I am also not sure who determines the OCCUPATION category for the prevailing wage check? Is it the DOL or Employer?
They clearly have me in the wrong category. My job is not that technical .. as they have me classified.

UG. said:
Recently there have been quite a few denials.!!. I also had a prevailing wage NOF in Aug . Status as of this morning was “In process”. ……after 3 years of long wait!!!

Certification Timelines and Trends

Pegasus503 said:
As we look at timelines and trends I'd like to share the following information.

My employer received their copy in the mail today (21st),

The white letterhead sized envelope was franked 18th September

The website was updated 18th "certified", previously including the 17th it was still "in process"

However the actual letter is dated 30th August.

The reason I share is two fold, firstly there is a delay between the date of the certification and the date it is mailed out. Secondly the website updated the day the certificate was mailed.

keep the faith, good luck to all

Same here; my case was Certified on 9/6/06, but the online status was not updated until 9/15/06. The postal frank on the envelope was of 9/19/06 and both our Attorney and HR received hard copies on 9/22/06.

Last edited by a moderator:
vjchithu said:
My case status as of yesterday morning was In Process, In the evening Denied. We spoke to our lawyer and it's surprise for him because he said he directly spoke to the certification officer in DBEC and said everything should be ok. Lawyer said he is going to wait for the letter before appeal because we don't know the reason for denial. But i got a query last month regarding my salary and replied two weeks back. I'm processing my green card through murthy law firm. Waiting for the letter from DBEC.

You can also appeal once you receive your letter. I'm also planning to process Perm through different company for the back up. I'm in my H1b 8'th year.

But good thing is today morning my wife's labor got cleared. We checked the web site and it is Certified. Her priority date is EB2 - Oct 2003. I don't know how long the wait time will be.

Sorry to hear of your denial. Lately there have been a lot of NOFs. Are you planning to appeal? Will appreciate if you keep us posted on how the appeal process works and goes.

The good thing is that your wife's LC was approved. Congratulations for that.

UG. said:
Sorry to hear of your denial. Lately there have been a lot of NOFs. Are you planning to appeal? Will appreciate if you keep us posted on how the appeal process works and goes.

The good thing is that your wife's LC was approved. Congratulations for that.

Still we didn't receive the denial letter from DBEC. Once we receive the letter we are going to appeal. I had some salary issue, after seeing this denial stuff my company agreed to pay the required wage which is 20K more than what they agreed before. So if we appeal with the right wage i think my labor app should be through. Let's hope for the best.

Online Status Closed

I have checked my status on the http://www.pbls.doleta.gov/pbls_pds.cfm site.

The status is as "Closed" on September 11 2006.

I have received the 45 days letter in March 2005 and replied back in March 2005, after that I got my 7th year extension on the 45 days letters base in Sept 2005.

I had talk with my company, they wrote e-mail to DBEC on September 12, 2006. We got the response from DBEC with scrren shot on September 13, 2006 and as per the screen shot the status is Data Review.

I don't know why if everybody got the genuine status from this site, and I have the conflicts for my case.

My 8th year H1B extension approved on September 18th 2006. Now the question is how come my H1B extension approved with the labor status is as closed.

The status is still as "Closed on site.

Do I still need to inquire the status with some different way? Please need your help.

GC_GreatCard

Status check system down whole day today ?

Since this morning, whenever I try, it comes back with a "red" error page.
Is it down for everybody today ?

GC_GreatCard said:
I have checked my status on the http://www.pbls.doleta.gov/pbls_pds.cfm site.

The status is as "Closed" on September 11 2006.

I have received the 45 days letter in March 2005 and replied back in March 2005, after that I got my 7th year extension on the 45 days letters base in Sept 2005.

I had talk with my company, they wrote e-mail to DBEC on September 12, 2006. We got the response from DBEC with scrren shot on September 13, 2006 and as per the screen shot the status is Data Review.

I don't know why if everybody got the genuine status from this site, and I have the conflicts for my case.

My 8th year H1B extension approved on September 18th 2006. Now the question is how come my H1B extension approved with the labor status is as closed.

The status is still as "Closed on site.

Do I still need to inquire the status with some different way? Please need your help.

GC_GreatCard

website was up

It was up today in the noon-evening. I checked mine.

Now it seems down..

pdjune2001 said:

Its up now

pdjune2001 said:

Hey its up now. it happens some times weekends,afternoon etc. Dont worry it will be up later. it happened to me on the weekend but by evening it was working.Best of luck.

My company will not give me the ETA case number

My case details are as follows. Please add me to the BEC tracker.

EB2 Non-RIR (Regular) from Michigan
Filed Feb 2, 2002
45 day letter Received & replied in Jan 2006

My company will not provide me the ETA case number saying it is the company's case so I cannot check the status of my own case. Just another harrasment from the HR (Immigration) dept.

sameero said:

Filed Feb 2, 2002

My company will not provide me the ETA case number saying it is the company's case so I cannot check the status of my own case. Just another harrasment from the HR (Immigration) dept.

Send a screenshot request for 7th year extension. You will get your case number this way.

You can find out too.

sameero said:

Filed Feb 2, 2002

hey very rarely company people oblige to give the case numbers. My company didnt give me mine. But i found out from the screenshot. your case is 2002 case maybe you can call the 202 number or ask for a screenshot. then u will get the case number. I asked for a screen shot of my case hence i knew my case number. Thats why i could know that my case is approved.Many people on this board have known their case number by asking by screenshot.You can try too. best of luck.

I had a doubt.......

Hi,

My friend got his labor yesterday and he had a doubt. his PD is Feb 9,2005 from VA state. Can he file I-40 and I 485 now or he can only file I -40, since visa numbers are not available. Can he file I-485 now and get EAD and wait for visa numbers until they become current for him.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

when we receive certified labor

Hi Chocolate,

It seems, both of our cases certified at the same time, as per ONLINE status check. Pl update, once you receive certified paper at your end and with your attorney/HR company. I will also update in the forum

Generally, how much time it will take.

Here is my info for tracker.. Also, please give me the link for tracker. Thanks.

Filed in : MI
Processing Type: EB2-Regular
ETA Case Number: D-05193-XXXXX
Regional Priority Date: Feb-04
(DBEC) 45-day letter received: 06/28/2006
(DBEC) 45-day letter replied: 07/05/2006
Processing Center: Dallas Backlog Elimination Center
Case Status:IN PROCESS

Update

You won't believe my story. Here it is briefly:
BE-CSE from a top-10 school in India
MS-CS from a top-20 school in US
After getting laid off from a Fortune-500 company in 2002, I ended up in a consulting firm. yukkk...
Filed labor in 2003. Had an RFE at state level. [something company related]
Working in a Fortune-20 company as contractor for the last 4 years.

Apparently, my lawyer and my employer received a nof/rfe/something 2/3 months back regarding my labor, which the lawyer replied and it got denied. It got denied 2 months back. Both my emp and lawyer know this. I was unaware of this until I checked my status on line.
I don't even know what the heck this RFE is about. It can not be my educational qualifications, it can not be my prior experience. My employer says that it is a rebuttal or some crap, which we can never get away with.

I am little frustrated. :)

DOCSIS said:
I did not receive any thing from DBEC. - 100%
When I talked with my eomployer, he said that he/they did not receive anything from DBEC. [I have no option otherthan believing him 100%.]
We do not know whether the attorney has received anything or not.
I hate my attorney. I can never reach him. He will neither respond to my voice messages nor for my emails.

What happens to the H1 extensions, as I am on 8th year of my H1.
Yes, this denied labor (of course at that timer it was pending) was used to get the extensions.

Do I need to worry?

DOCSIS said:
You won't believe my story. Here it is briefly:
BE-CSE from a top-10 school in India
MS-CS from a top-20 school in US
After getting laid off from a Fortune-500 company in 2002, I ended up in a consulting firm. yukkk...
Filed labor in 2003. Had an RFE at state level. [something company related]
Working in a Fortune-20 company as contractor for the last 4 years.

Apparently, my lawyer and my employer received a nof/rfe/something 2/3 months back regarding my labor, which the lawyer replied and it got denied. It got denied 2 months back. Both my emp and lawyer know this. I was unaware of this until I checked my status on line.
I don't even know what the heck this RFE is about. It can not be my educational qualifications, it can not be my prior experience. My employer says that it is a rebuttal or some crap, which we can never get away with.

I am little frustrated. :)
I feel for you. From my own personal experiences and those of people I know, I have come to accept that whether you have a GC or not depends a lot on luck and the timing of your past decisions. Merit is only one of the criteria. I and a friend of mine came to the US on the same flight 7 years ago. I was least bothered about GC at that time, I just wanted to work for a big, reputable company and get good experience. He on the other hand switched immediately to a small company and got his GC going. He had his GC by 2002. By the time I realized that I should file for GC, the immigration scenario had already changed. My company filed my GC with great reluctance, and then I came to know that DOL would not recognize the experience I gained with this company! So I was stuck with being able to claim only 1 year experience, and of course we all know about this backlog thing. While I do blame the agencies for the current predicament, I do blame myself too for not taking the right decisions at the right time. Its all about kismet & karma, man.

NOF for wage

It seems that DOL is handing out quite a bit amount of NOF and Denials while they are speeding up on the backlog elimination process recently.
As one of the victims, I received the NOF last week for prevailing wage issue. The minimum requirement for my position is MS + 1 year of experience. Apparently, the certifying office applied the Level II wage.
Currently, my lawyer is preparing the rebuttal. He is planning to include a 3 rd party survey.
Anybody has similar experiences or suggestion?

Thanks,