Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Need Help for the "Closed" Status

I have checked my status on the following site.

http://www.pbls.doleta.gov/pbls_pds.cfm

The status is as "Closed"

I have received the 45 days letter in March 2005 and replied back in March 2005, after that I got my 7th year extension on the 45 days letters base in Sept 2005.

What should be the reason, now the status is as Closed even my employer and or Attorney didn't receive any letter from DBEC regarding my case.

Your help will be highly appreciated; I have already applied for the 8th year extension and waiting for that too. If my case is closed then it will be very difficult for me to get the H1B extension too.

Please help.

GC_GreatCard

EB2 RIR KS
PD:06-18-2004.
Chicago DOL RD: ?
Received 45 day letter: 03-02-2005.
Replied 45 day letter: 03-12-2005
Case Number: D-05005-xxxxx.
Filed 7th year extension: 09-05.
7th year extension approved: 01-06.
Filed 8th year extension: 07-06.
8th year extension approved: Waiting!!
LC Decision: Waiting!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The New Labor Website

I see that vast majority of the status found from the wedsite are "In Process". This status only means that the data entry stage is complete. As I know from the Screen Print many people requested, "In process" include several steps such as "Analyst Review" and "Final Review". So, really, "In Process" status does not tell you too much. I guess website is not designed to tell exact status of your case. This is another piece of info to tell you how the government idots work.

panpangc said:
I agree. It looks like we are in another queue "IN PROCESS". But, at least, it is better than knowing nothing. Wishing WE ALL BEST!

Did any one got 'Error Message' after checking, I got an error message saying 'An error occurred when you requested this link......"

Error message

onlyhope said:
Did any one got 'Error Message' after checking, I got an error message saying 'An error occurred when you requested this link......"
I have the same message. Wonder what that means? This process is getting more asinine and nerve shattering. I find myself holding my breath every time there is some new development.

madjad said:
I have the same message. Wonder what that means? This process is getting more asinine and nerve shattering. I find myself holding my breath every time there is some new development.
Is this caused by too many people trying to access the site at the same time? They did not expect there are so many people out there desperatlly wanting to get their status.

You just need to ask your attorney to sending the proof of responding the 45DL (e.g. Receipt), and they will re-open your case.
Happened to my friend, the attorney sending the receipt saying that BEC have received the 45 responding letter.
GC_GreatCard said:
I have checked my status on the following site.

The status is as "Closed"

I have received the 45 days letter in March 2005 and replied back in March 2005, after that I got my 7th year extension on the 45 days letters base in Sept 2005.

What should be the reason, now the status is as Closed even my employer and or Attorney didn't receive any letter from DBEC regarding my case.

Your help will be highly appreciated; I have already applied for the 8th year extension and waiting for that too. If my case is closed then it will be very difficult for me to get the H1B extension too.

Please help.

GC_GreatCard

EB2 RIR KS
PD:06-18-2004.
Chicago DOL RD: ?
Received 45 day letter: 03-02-2005.
Replied 45 day letter: 03-12-2005
Case Number: D-05005-xxxxx.
Filed 7th year extension: 09-05.
7th year extension approved: 01-06.
Filed 8th year extension: 07-06.
8th year extension approved: Waiting!!
LC Decision: Waiting!!

My case was in "Data Review" until the website broke.

Now I just see this:

Error Message:

An error occurred when you requested this link.We apologize for the inconvenience and will work to correct the problem please try again Thank you.

They should probably hire some of the immigrants they are processing cases for to do some programming to them.
It s nice to have online status for cases, but to write this program for a couple of months so it could break after one day of use is laughable. What were they testing all this time...

Link does not work...

DOL_0903,
This is a great idea to conduct a poll... However the link didn't work when I tried...

Status site again broke down....

Its pathatic. What the hell are they testing for so long. May be they should hire some immigrants to run this site. By the way, its a rule, no software or database/server works with out immigrants help.

After two test failure, they should have understood this.

Its back again!

justlc said:
Its pathatic. What the hell are they testing for so long. May be they should hire some immigrants to run this site. By the way, its a rule, no software or database/server works with out immigrants help.

After two test failure, they should have understood this.

They must be laughing and muttering themselves "Lage Raho Munnabhai"

H1 Extension

Hi

My 7th Year extension will expire in Jan 2007, I want to know if I can change my company and my new company can file for my H1 extension based on LC application filed by my previous employer.

Thanks

GCNaseeb said:
They must be laughing and muttering themselves "Lage Raho Munnabhai"

Site has been up and down. When it's UP, it shows the error message. I say we give them some more time ... let's get off the site for a few days :p

EB3 to EB2..LC at DBEC

Guys .. I have a BS degree and have been working at my current job for the past 3.5 yrs. I am now also getting an MBA, to be finished in May 2007. The LC which was filed for me in Dec 2004, is based on my BS degree (I think EB3). Still at DBEC ... not approved.

Now, with my MBA finishing up in 2007 .. is there a way I can get on EB2? Will this allow me to keep my PD of Dec 2004? Is this even possible ..? If yes, how ..

what can I do?

please suggest ...

One of the important factors is Job Description. If your job description is EB3 level then you could not apply for EB2 even though you have higher degree.

avididy said:
Guys .. I have a BS degree and have been working at my current job for the past 3.5 yrs. I am now also getting an MBA, to be finished in May 2007. The LC which was filed for me in Dec 2004, is based on my BS degree (I think EB3). Still at DBEC ... not approved.

Now, with my MBA finishing up in 2007 .. is there a way I can get on EB2? Will this allow me to keep my PD of Dec 2004? Is this even possible ..? If yes, how ..

what can I do?

please suggest ...

Online status is In-Process

State: MI
PD: 11/15/2004
ETA#: D-05213-xxxxx
45DL Revd: 05/08/2006
45DL Rpld: 05/22/2006
Online Status: InProcess :(

hmmmm

jc-gc said:
hollow mamidikaya, there is a good news for you. LC for PD 4/02 is already approved. yours is 3/02.So It would have been approved and coming on the way or yur attorney would have received the letter by now who knows? Check it with your attorney.Regarding 45 day letter, your attorney would have replied long back without infoming you.I hope you will infom us the receipt of your LC by posting in this thread. Advanced congratulations.
JC_GC. :)

Hi jc
have no idea about the labor, but received a bill of $1000 from lawyer to extend my h1 :)
so, i switched employers and got a preapproved labor. my 485 is filed now and finger printing done...
good luck to everyone in this thread.

The important thing is not your education or experience, you could have a PHD and 20 years experience but if the job position that you had is EB3, or your manager/HHRR/whoever, doesn't want to refill under EB2, you are EB3.

avididy said:

what can I do?

please suggest ...

Response from DOL

I made an enquiry to DBEC and got the following response.

your case is currently in the Reduction in Recruitment process, and the documentation submitted with your application is being reviewed. Once this step is completed, your case will move on to the final review, and lastly, case certification.

But, i have no clue if my case is close to certification. any comments appreciated