Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Don't worry...be happy!!!

Dear friend,

no words of wisdom here, just facts:

Don't worry about your LC not being certified yet...retrogression puts all EB-3 unfortunates in the same boat regardless of when LC was certified. So, you may be frustrated and waiting, and I may have the stupid LC cert but cannot file for I-485 and get an EAD for my wife who's going crazy not being able to work...so, you have it no worse than the rest of us...

Second, have kids, they will have all the conveniences of being a US citizen and will not have to go through immigration hell like yourself. They will be grateful to you one day and will, unlike their parent, have a choice...

As far as the others that would die for the chance to be here are concerned, I think that trend is soon to dissapear, certainly after the horror stories about years of waiting being stuck in one place and not having a choice are passed on....so, don't tell fairytales about this country to your fellow countrymen, be realistic.

And, don't lose hope...this is the path YOU chose although it is not an easy one, keep your head up and be optimistic!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks bro. I know i know everything you say is true - everyone is in the same darn boat (except for the country men part - I know several folks who would love to have a chance at life in america but cant and yes, you may be right that with how things are changing back home, this could be no longer be true in the near future).

Tell me something...you are waiting to file 485...but, the fact that you got LC sooner than many others doesnt that give you like a preference to file sooner as well? How does this 485 filing work...and please nobody please yell at me for asking this in this forum. :eek:

genemaster said:
Dear friend,

no words of wisdom here, just facts:

Don't worry about your LC not being certified yet...retrogression puts all EB-3 unfortunates in the same boat regardless of when LC was certified. So, you may be frustrated and waiting, and I may have the stupid LC cert but cannot file for I-485 and get an EAD for my wife who's going crazy not being able to work...so, you have it no worse than the rest of us...

Second, have kids, they will have all the conveniences of being a US citizen and will not have to go through immigration hell like yourself. They will be grateful to you one day and will, unlike their parent, have a choice...

As far as the others that would die for the chance to be here are concerned, I think that trend is soon to dissapear, certainly after the horror stories about years of waiting being stuck in one place and not having a choice are passed on....so, don't tell fairytales about this country to your fellow countrymen, be realistic.

And, don't lose hope...this is the path YOU chose although it is not an easy one, keep your head up and be optimistic!!!
Dear friend,
Where have you being all the time. The last time you posted was in july 05. We are under the impression that you must have already received your approval. Don’t worry, even I am in the same boat as you are. My pd is also Sep 03.
By seeing people with PD 2001 and 2002 still waiting I feel little comfort that I am not the only one in this ugly mess.
Looks like all the RIR regional cases are coming to end. At least now they should clear out the pending stuck RIR regional cases.
By any chance do you have any NOF at any stage? or any know of any other issue you can think of that has stopped your case from approval?
And when did you receive and reply to your 45 day (if possible the exact date of reply)

Thanks for the kind email friend. No, I would not leave this forum without providing an update - that would be least i would do.

My 45 day letter was responded to in March 2005. I cant think of any reason my case may be stuck, but am afraid that they may have mailed a letter or something to someone and its lost!

I guess they arent replying to 7th yr ext request shots either - which i truly need for my 7th yr ext in a couple of months.

What is the other acronym you used in your post?

NOF - Notice of finding
Any query?

MY 45 day letter was responded in the month of April 05. I have seen few other cases that had responded in the month of April 05 still hanging in BEC, so just want to know when you have responded.

I am on my 8th year extension and I have got my extension based on 45days letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks GC_Lover

Thank you very much, so is it not required to be in pending state inorder to get the 7th year extension, right?

Can you please clarify one more thing for me please,

This LC is for the future employee, that time that company liked my resume and they did interview twice, and selected me for the job. But I told about my GC and they just filed right away with LC, unfortunately due to travel and other reasons, I did not moved to their company. It is possible to get the 7th year extension using this LC PD and get the extension with current employer? And later once I moved to their company I would like to proceed with I-140.

GC_Lover said:
yes you can get 7th year extension since your PD is in 2003

Hey man,

Just to make you feel better, i have been waiting for Labor to clear since December 2001. I havent gotten 45 day letter and any crap. Pal you think you dont have choice, think about me i am working in the same company for 5 years with out having any "Choice".
Anyway just hang in there.

zyx321 said:
I have been waiting for my LC. folks who filed a month before me have been cleared several months ago. Friends from countries like Iran got their LC in months through PERM. Dont get me wrong - I grateful that i have a steady job and that i am in a company where they are willing to sponsor etc. But, i am just tired of not having a damn choice. The choice to settle down and say, yes, I will be here for the next 20 yrs or whatever.

Please...i thought i had patience. I dont. My lawyers cant help in anyway. I have requested for screen shot for 7th yr ext...nothing.

For those of you who have been in backlog longer than me, please, say something wise...something that will help me just be grateful that i have this opportunity to make a life here...so many of our friends would die for a chance to come here and have what we have.

ETA case D-04348-xxxxx
PD Sept 03
Texas, RIR

Rir, Eb3

Ohio boy said:
Hi Manikanda,

could you please put more details about your case..it seems Dec-04 was approved and July-03 is Pending.

Just put your state/RIR or NON RIR/ EB2 or EB3

This will help for all otheres who is having pending labour.

hi, mine is RIR, EB3 PD is end of Dec 2003. I think mine was approved 2 weeks back, but got a hard copy last week.

Sree_Manikanta said:
Thank you very much, so is it not required to be in pending state inorder to get the 7th year extension, right?

Can you please clarify one more thing for me please,

This LC is for the future employee, that time that company liked my resume and they did interview twice, and selected me for the job. But I told about my GC and they just filed right away with LC, unfortunately due to travel and other reasons, I did not moved to their company. It is possible to get the 7th year extension using this LC PD and get the extension with current employer? And later once I moved to their company I would like to proceed with I-140.
Yes its possible.

Thanks gth999.

I will request the LC hard copy and proceed with 7th year extension.

Do you know what I need mention in the H1B extension letter? Like do I need to write a letter saying that, this is PD from company A, I would like to get H1B extension for company B like that?

your help is much appreciated!!!

I am also waiting

Guys,

My PD is 8/18/03 from CA. Mine is RIR case and my attorney replied 45-day leter on 2/8/05. My case was also went to Regional, some couple of months before its was transferred to DBEC on August 2004. And even almost an year of replying for my regional case, I am still waiting.

gth999 said:
Dear friend,
Where have you being all the time. The last time you posted was in july 05. We are under the impression that you must have already received your approval. Don’t worry, even I am in the same boat as you are. My pd is also Sep 03.
By seeing people with PD 2001 and 2002 still waiting I feel little comfort that I am not the only one in this ugly mess.
Looks like all the RIR regional cases are coming to end. At least now they should clear out the pending stuck RIR regional cases.
By any chance do you have any NOF at any stage? or any know of any other issue you can think of that has stopped your case from approval?
And when did you receive and reply to your 45 day (if possible the exact date of reply)

jhegde said:
Guys,

My PD is 8/18/03 from CA. Mine is RIR case and my attorney replied 45-day leter on 2/8/05. My case was also went to Regional, some couple of months before its was transferred to DBEC on August 2004. And even almost an year of replying for my regional case, I am still waiting.
did you ever request a screen shot ? Is so what did it show State/Regional
your case shows up as STATE in tracker. Also you previous posts indicate that its a "state" case.

Sree_Manikanta said:
Thanks gth999.

I will request the LC hard copy and proceed with 7th year extension.

Do you know what I need mention in the H1B extension letter? Like do I need to write a letter saying that, this is PD from company A, I would like to get H1B extension for company B like that?

your help is much appreciated!!!
I am sure that it can be used but dont know the procedure.

Screen-shot Requested

I know I wrongly stated as State. I rember now that my case was initially cleared from state and went to SFO DOL. My Attorney requested screen shot when she filed my 8th year extn. Still waiting to hear from them. I will ask for another update of my info in the Tracker.
gth999 said:
did you ever request a screen shot ? Is so what did it show State/Regional
your case shows up as STATE in tracker. Also you previous posts indicate that its a "state" case.

I recd. following info from DBEC regarding my pending LC (RIR -SWA IN- July 2003).
ETA number : T-05179-8****
Case recd. date : 06-2003
Case Status : Data review (???? Pls explain what does this mean)
I dont think 45 DL was issued !

Thanks
Rph indy

Has anyone figured out a pattern as how the cases are being processed in Dallas...? This is absurd...folks from 2001 and 2002 are waiting while folks in latter 2003 are being processed.

And is there anyway to communicate with Dol other than the email?

Guys, i definitely need a few shots of tequila tonite. Horrible day -planets not aligned right, i say. Nothing going right. Only thing I can think of is "God, I dont understand your master plan, but, whatever it is please give me the strength to carry this load that is mine."

Hanging in there. I guess. Please dont think that i am cribbing abt my case...no...i am cribbing abt this messed up system where hardworking legal folks like all of us are stuck. STUCK! Argh.

Ok..now time to be optimistic. If i hear from DOL re my status, I will post here.

gth999 said:
I am sure that it can be used but dont know the procedure.
Thanks gth999.

is anyone know how to use the company A's LC to obtain 7th year H1B extension from company B.

Please respond and please help me.

Regards,
Sree

LC approved!

My husband was just told today his LC was approved.

EB-3 - RIR - WI
PD: 3/11/04
RD: 12/7/04
45d letter: 4/21/05
45d letter answered: 4/25/05
LC approved: 1/12/06

Pls relax. Cases of 2003 are just transferred from one box to another in DBEC. Look at ETA number starting from T-****-***** means its a Temporary number (meaning Yes, we opened the box and reboxed your pending file in diff. golden box). Means more praying and hoping for some results some day. All I know is that in this process of Hide n seek, only one person is making money - My Dumb rock Attorney.