Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Change of company in 7th yr

I hava a pending labor with company A with PD Jan 2004 in EB3.My 6 yrs are done in Feb 2006.Company B sponsored my H1B and got my H1 till Feb 2007.
Now company B is ready to go for PERM with EB2 probably sometime in december.

What do you gurus think?should I continue to stay with company A or should i go for B?If I go to company B and DBEC clears my Labor with company A sometime in Jan 2006.Will I be able to goback to comany A on the previous H1B.

Your comments and guidance us greatly appreciated.
For the records my info is

PD:01/09/2004
Processing Type--RIR
case Source -Region
Corrections Letter generated --03/30/2005
Correction Options returned --04/19/2005
Case Status --Data Review..

750B Missing Fields---Date signed of declaration Information..

This is from screen shot 0n 10/01/2005.

LongWaitSin2000 said:
I hava a pending labor with company A with PD Jan 2004 in EB3.My 6 yrs are done in Feb 2006.Company B sponsored my H1B and got my H1 till Feb 2007.

What do you gurus think?should I continue to stay with company A or should i go for B?If I go to company B and DBEC clears my Labor with company A sometime in Jan 2006.Will I be able to goback to comany A on the previous H1B.

Your comments and guidance us greatly appreciated.
For the records my info is

PD:01/09/2004
Processing Type--RIR
case Source -Region
Corrections Letter generated --03/30/2005
Correction Options returned --04/19/2005
Case Status --Data Review..

750B Missing Fields---Date signed of declaration Information..

This is from screen shot 0n 10/01/2005.

If you change from A to B right now, A is supposed to cancel your labor or transfer it to other employee.
In your case I think B company should provide better condition. PERM will be fast and then you can have the benefit of filing EB2(faster processing)
decide on your interest. But once you change, you cant come back to A and then expect to have that labor picked up where left off. thats not an option.

case source: STATE => REGIONAL ?

Friends,
Has any one succeded in changing the wrong case source from STATE => REGIONAL in DBEC?

Thanks,
AnbFL
PD APR03
Case approved in state OH SWA and transferred to Chicago in Apr2004
Wrong case source : STATE on my screen short

DesiGCMirage said:
T stands for temporary. you need not worry about that. As long as the other digits match with digits in the 45-day letter ETA number, you are OK.

Unfortunately the numbers are totally different. However I have stopped worrying about this, because I got a substitute LC and got my I-140 also cleared. Again being one among the thousands of unfortunate souls the indefinite wait for the great day to file 485 and EAD has started.

Options

LongWaitSin2000 said:

My understanding is that the PD should be more than one year before the completion of the 6th year. Then even if you get PERM LC certified now with company B you may not be able to use that as the basis for 8th year extension (you MUST clarify this with an attorney). If that is the case then you have to use the PD of the LC applied through company A, which means company A should not have withdrawn your application or substituted it for another employee.

Attorney received hard copy of labor (ETA750)

Folks, I am happy to share this information with you. I found out from the attorney that he did receive the certified ETA750 forms a few days back (ofcourse he never cared to tell me right away). I haven't seen it yet.

Now the long wait for 485 starts. Good luck to you all and see you in the 140 and 485 forums soon.

Screen Shot Update for DBEC Tracker

I read this forum daily - many many thanks to all for your input!! It helps me pass the "endless time warp" we are all in. I really feel for all who, like me, have been stuck in the same location and are unpromotable and have families with our wives not able to work -- big effect on vacations, reitirement, fun, ...

My attorney just got a screen shot for me and I am in the CA SWA that in the tracking log are all "pending". Great news is - my (and probably yours) application is not lost :eek:

The shot does have "750A Missing Fields" - followed by a list of information (e.g. name, employer, pay, ...). My attorney said not to worry about it as all this info was supplied.

Hope this gives hope to some out their -- and my prayers are for all who have PDs from years ago and still have heard nothing.

Quick questions for the guru's:
1. How do I download the lastest updated version of the Dallas Tracker -- now I just go to the last page and work backwards until I see it attached somewhere - is it somewhere on this forum to access?
2. I am Canadian - any idea (or where to find) the wait for the next step? Or is regression for the rest of the world to 2001 for me? And, I understand that only a certain amount of visa numbers can go to any one country, so is Canada a long wait or short due to the number of Canuks down here?

Still no 45 day letter.

Many many thanks again for all your help - I wish I could buy you lunch - ICARUS, JUSTWATCHING, host of this forum, and the many others!

Visa Retrogression and Move of the Businesses in Support of the Immigration Reform Le

The Financial Times reports today that the large companies have started feeling the impact of the current visa system and the recent EB visa retrogression in recruiting and retaining the brightest foreign workers to support their businesses. The report also indicates that the large businesses have come forward to lobby in support of the immigration reform legislation to get a relief on the visa number problems. Apparently, their lobby includes not only raising the total quotas but also excluding the visa numbers used by the family members of the alien workers in counting the total quota. Statistically, the family takes out approximately 2.5 of the total numbers of 140,000.(Oops!). This concept should be strongly pushed in parallel with the pending immigraton reform bills that will add a large numbers to existing quota of 140,000 for the workers only.
America should wake up and recognize the reality that the strength of this country depends to a large extent in all segments on the brains and the brightest foreign workers. The urgency of the reform is too obvious from the fact that even Nobel Prize Winners from China and India cannot be attracted to this nation because of the visa quotas and visa number retrogression! We urge the Congress to act quick to mend the nation's wounds. The business community will watch very closely the action of the Senate Judiciary Committee next Tuesday, October 18.

Budget Reconciliation and Immigration proposal

AILA has reported that the Senate Judiciary Committe is markedup a very important legislative bill on October 20, 2005, coming Thursday, to discuss the Budget Reconciliation and Immigration proposal that can give some relief to the current H-1B blackout and EB immigrant visa number retrogression. According to the AILA, the proposal includes the following:
Recapture of 300,000 unused H-1B numbers
Recpature of 90,000 unused EB immigrant visa numbers
Exempting spouses and minor children of EB principal aliens from the annual EB quota limit
Permit filing of I-485 even during the visa number retrogression.

AILA states that it is vitally important that the people in business community and scientific and research organizations reach out tothe following members of the Senate Judiciary Committee as urgently as possible:

Arlen Specter (R-PA) Chairman Patrick Leahy (D-VT) Ranking

Orrin Hatch (R-UT) Edward Kennedy (D-MA)
Charles Grassley (R-IA) Joseph Biden (D-DE)
Mike DeWine (R-OH) Herbert Kohl (D-WI)
Jeff Sessions (R-AL) Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
Lindsey Graham (R-SC) Russ Feingold (D-WI)
John Cornyn (R-TX) Charles Schumer (D-NY)
Sam Brownback (R-KS) Richard Durbin (D-IL)
Tom Coburn (R-OK)
Jon Kyl (R-AZ)
Please call (202)224-3121 Congressional switchboard and obtain their email addresses or through their websites as quickly as possible: It is "extremely" important that everyone participates in this last minute campaign. For the talking points, please go aila website

BEC Analysis Summary

As of today, after closely examining the BEC Priority Date tracker spreadsheet, here is the information I churned out of the spreadsheet.

Dallas BEC has so far approved nearly 4 times the number of cases approved by Philly BEC.

Philly has issued 2.5 times more 45-day letters than Dallas for SWA cases.

Dallas and Philly BECs have both approximately issued same total number of 45-day letters.

Philly has cleared nearly 40% of Non-RIR cases in approximately FIFO and have now shifted their resources on approval of RIR cases.

Philly has recently approved a major chunk (approx. 80%) of RIR regional cases from April 2002.

Many RIR regional cases pending at Philly with PD in 2001 are yet to be approved.

Philly is sending a handful of 45-day letters for June 2002 RIR cases which makes me think that the processing queue for RIR is somewhere around June 2002.

One-third of all Regional Cases have already been approved by the BECs.

Hardly 2 to 3% of SWA cases have been approved so far.

Philly BEC has made much better progress then Dallas BEC for Non-RIR cases.

Philly is approving a major bulk of Philly Regional DOL cases first.

Philly is currently not even looking at Atlanta Regional DOL cases since they have not received a single approval yet.

SF DOL cases that went to Dallas BEC ended up being a lot luckier than the ones that went to Philly BEC.

About 45-day letters from both BECs

About two thirds (66%) of all cases (both BECs included) have received 45 day letters. One-third of all the cases still need to receive the 45-day letter.

45-day letters are being sent in random order. So please don’t panic is you have not received yours yet.

Peak season for 45-day letters was from Dec 2004 to April 2005.

Pace of sending 45-day letters slowed down considerably in the period from May 2005 to July 2005 (possibly because resources were shifted on data-entry and approval).

Pace of sending 45-day letters has picked up a little between Aug 2005 and Oct 2005. However, this pace is not even close to the peak season of 45-day letters (Dec 2004 – Apr 2005).

About approvals from both BECs

Approvals first started trickling in between Mar 2005 and April 2005.

Pace of approvals picked up in May and June 2005.

Peak approval season was between July 2005 and Sept 2005 with Aug reporting the maximum number of approvals in any given month.

Oct 2005 continues to show a promising trend of approvals.

Correct me if I am wrong. Feel free to add more to this list. I am sure I may have missed out some important points that may be of interest to many of you.

NOTE: All the above points are my inferences from the BEC Priority Date Tracker spreadsheet maintained by JustWatching. I don't have any inside information.

mvinays said:
BEC Analysis Summary

As of today, after closely examining the BEC Priority Date tracker spreadsheet, here is the information I churned out of the spreadsheet.

Dallas BEC has so far approved nearly 4 times the number of cases approved by Philly BEC.

Philly has issued 2.5 times more 45-day letters than Dallas for SWA cases.

Dallas and Philly BECs have both approximately issued same total number of 45-day letters.

Philly has cleared nearly 40% of Non-RIR cases in approximately FIFO and have now shifted their resources on approval of RIR cases.

Philly has recently approved a major chunk (approx. 80%) of RIR regional cases from April 2002.

Many RIR regional cases pending at Philly with PD in 2001 are yet to be approved.

Philly is sending a handful of 45-day letters for June 2002 RIR cases which makes me think that the processing queue for RIR is somewhere around June 2002.

One-third of all Regional Cases have already been approved by the BECs.

Hardly 2 to 3% of SWA cases have been approved so far.

Philly BEC has made much better progress then Dallas BEC for Non-RIR cases.

Philly is approving a major bulk of Philly Regional DOL cases first.

Philly is currently not even looking at Atlanta Regional DOL cases since they have not received a single approval yet.

SF DOL cases that went to Dallas BEC ended up being a lot luckier than the ones that went to Philly BEC.

About 45-day letters from both BECs

About two thirds (66%) of all cases (both BECs included) have received 45 day letters. One-third of all the cases still need to receive the 45-day letter.

45-day letters are being sent in random order. So please don’t panic is you have not received yours yet.

Peak season for 45-day letters was from Dec 2004 to April 2005.

Pace of sending 45-day letters slowed down considerably in the period from May 2005 to July 2005 (possibly because resources were shifted on data-entry and approval).

Pace of sending 45-day letters has picked up a little between Aug 2005 and Oct 2005. However, this pace is not even close to the peak season of 45-day letters (Dec 2004 – Apr 2005).

About approvals from both BECs

Approvals first started trickling in between Mar 2005 and April 2005.

Pace of approvals picked up in May and June 2005.

Peak approval season was between July 2005 and Sept 2005 with Aug reporting the maximum number of approvals in any given month.

Oct 2005 continues to show a promising trend of approvals.

Correct me if I am wrong. Feel free to add more to this list. I am sure I may have missed out some important points that may be of interest to many of you.

NOTE: All the above points are my inferences from the BEC Priority Date Tracker spreadsheet maintained by JustWatching. I don't have any inside information.
Excellent Info and Analysis.

Mi_2002 said:
AILA has reported that the Senate Judiciary Committe is markedup a very important legislative bill on October 20, 2005, coming Thursday, to discuss the Budget Reconciliation and Immigration proposal that can give some relief to the current H-1B blackout and EB immigrant visa number retrogression. According to the AILA, the proposal includes the following:
Recapture of 300,000 unused H-1B numbers
Recpature of 90,000 unused EB immigrant visa numbers
Exempting spouses and minor children of EB principal aliens from the annual EB quota limit
Permit filing of I-485 even during the visa number retrogression.

AILA states that it is vitally important that the people in business community and scientific and research organizations reach out tothe following members of the Senate Judiciary Committee as urgently as possible:

Arlen Specter (R-PA) Chairman Patrick Leahy (D-VT) Ranking

Orrin Hatch (R-UT) Edward Kennedy (D-MA)
Charles Grassley (R-IA) Joseph Biden (D-DE)
Mike DeWine (R-OH) Herbert Kohl (D-WI)
Jeff Sessions (R-AL) Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
Lindsey Graham (R-SC) Russ Feingold (D-WI)
John Cornyn (R-TX) Charles Schumer (D-NY)
Sam Brownback (R-KS) Richard Durbin (D-IL)
Tom Coburn (R-OK)
Jon Kyl (R-AZ)
Please call (202)224-3121 Congressional switchboard and obtain their email addresses or through their websites as quickly as possible: It is "extremely" important that everyone participates in this last minute campaign. For the talking points, please go aila website

One major thing in this proposal, which is
"Permit filing of I-485 even during the visa number retrogression."
we can get EAD after labor certification, even though the visa retrogression is there for the years to come.

Please participate and spread the word ASAP.

I have compiled the contact email links of all (but one) senators in the senate judiciary committe memebes in the attached text file to this post.

(sorry if I posted in the wrong forum, but I think its relevant to all of us, and this is one of the active forums)

I have sent email to all of them

That's something at least I can do, instead of waiting here painfully in vain...

Excellent Analysis

GCOnly said:
Excellent Info and Analysis.

mvinays:

This is absolutely very valuable information you have summarized. You have just combined everything in one single place. Your time and effort is well apppreciated.

JustWatching spreadsheet???

BTW, How do I get access to JustWatching's spreadsheet everyone is talking about? Is there a link or something?

Guys...thanks for the response....

This is the least we can do from our end for our very ownselves...No one else will do, else we have to just see days,months and years passing by right in front of our eyes...

Would be great if we have many more participating and pls make it clear with our problems and dont confuse them...These guys at the top have no idea what are the processes involved like a labor cert, then 140 and 485 stages and what hell we go thru..

Lets do our very best and let it go from there...
Without even giving a try we cant blame anyone and the finger will eventually point back to each one of us...

Again the yahoo link is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PBEC_Labor_Victims/

Guys,

I visit this forum everyday, thanks everyone for the great info provided here.

I also visit the techworkers forum on yahoo and they are doing some very very good stuff that will prove to be helpful. Please support and help yourself as well.

Please spend a little while and fill out what you are going thru at : http://www.competeamerica.org/

First, even I did not know what to write..but then, it is exactly what I am going thru and I did complete it. It takes just about 5 minutes, please spare the time and participate in the movement.

Sorry, I know this is the wrong forum, but its pretty popular and the end result is still the same, hence I posted it here.

Goodluck & God Bless.

PD : 12/2003 IA
RD : 01/2004 Chicago
DBEC - Screenshot RIR on 10/01/2005
Case# : D-005007-XXXX