Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Spouses, kids kept out of US visa cap

Source: Economic Times

MUMBAI: Visa numbers to the tune of 140,000 are available per year for employment-based immigration, of which each country has a limit of 7%, or about 10,000 visas each.

Due to a massive backlog of applicants, the US department of state recently announced a change that would effectively increase the waiting period for certain categories of applicants to up to seven years or more.

The provisions to be taken up by the committee would come as a huge relief to the thousands of Indians affected by these delays.

The idea is to include within the world-wide level of employment-based immigration visas the current quota of 140,000 plus the number of unused family-based visas from the previous year; and in addition, the number of unused employment-based immigrant visas from all previous fiscal years or 90,000, whichever is less.

Spouses and children, currently included in the overall cap, would no longer be counted towards this limit, substantially increasing the number of visas on offer.

These proposals have gained momentum due to sustained lobbying by the US business community. The lack of H-1Bs has meant that employers no longer have access to highly-skilled foreign nationals who are essential to their businesses.

Recently, nearly 400 businesses from across America wrote to the Congress urging that the number of H-1B visas be increased.

Similar lobbying has come from groups like Compete America, a coalition of over 200 corporations, universities, research institutions and trade associations.

Hi, how do we know whether our case being closed, or even the application lost somewhere during the transisition? My PD is July 03 and never got 45-day letter -- a quite worrisome sign. Are we on the same boat?

GCPD0102, Did you get your labor?

GCPD0102 said:
If the old employer withdraws your LC application or uses it to substitute for another person to process 140 then you will be in trouble. It will be safer if you stick around with your present employer till your I-140 is approved and then move to the new employer. Mean while there is no harm in initiating PERM through the second employer. You need not be working for them while filing PERM. That way you can keep the priority date of the present LC application.

GCPD0102,

Is your PD 1/16/2002?. original TR PD?. or was your RIR case remanded to TR?.
TR Regional cases are the most neglected ones at Dallas.
I am not sure why they are not even approving any.
They are doing a good job with RIR regional cases but they totally forgot TR regional ones.

Same here

don't worry. Our case never made it to Regional it went to BEC. Did you get your 45 day letter. Which state did you file from?

astarfulila said:
I am new to that bu how do I found out my RD. All I know is my PD: July 2004.

TX

The below is my info.. Can any one give any prediction?
----Case Information----
ETA Case Number T-0513X-XXXXX
Processing Type: TR
Case Received Date: 08/15/2001
Processing Center: Dallas BEC
----Data Review----
Date Submitted: 05/16/2005

I haven't received 45 day letter notice or approval..

Will appreciate ur comments based on all ur experience.

DesiGCMirage - Please read

DesiGCMirage said:
I don't see any news in here. I guess this has been out since last month and evrybody is aware of the situtation.

As per october Visa Bulletin at http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2631.html
the dates for India are
EB1 01AUG02
EB2 01Nov99
EB3 01JAN98

Look at EB3, dates moved forward over 2 years.

Well !, still it is a long journey, small ray of hope as dates are moving forward a bit.

Hello Where Did They Move, It's Still 98

HELLO DUDE,
Read properly EB3 is still in 98, didn't move an inch.
--Reddy

what the next visa bulittin will be?

For Novemeber?

why only EB3 moved and EB1 and EB2 not moved for India? For too many people applied in EB1 and EB2? or the new Visa numbers are added to EB3 only?can't understand.
May 2000 is same as what currently China is. Wondering what China will be.

Reddy, Please compare and check at both the links

NNReddy said:
HELLO DUDE,
Read properly EB3 is still in 98, didn't move an inch.
--Reddy
Reddy , my above dates are as per OCT bulletin in that link and my msg clearly says that.
Please compare and check at both the links in the prior 2 of my msgs and let me know what you find out for EB3.

GC152003 said:
Reddy , my above dates are as per OCT bulletin in that link and my msg clearly says that.
Please compare and check at both the links in the prior 2 of my msgs and let me know what you find out for EB3.

The new delhi us embassy site does show the change in EB-3 PDs (as 1-May-00),
not sure whether it's a typo (as it's for China EB-3)!!
It doesn't show the posted/updated date for this article either !
So let's wait for visa bulletin update on dept. of state site (hopefully by middle of this month !!)

I-485 application while I-140 is pending???

...is it possible to apply for I-485 while I-140 is pending???
My lawyer keeps telling me it is, and insists I apply for I-140 right now

Any takers???

genemaster said:
...is it possible to apply for I-485 while I-140 is pending???
My lawyer keeps telling me it is, and insists I apply for I-140 right now

Any takers???

somebody had posted @ concurrent, semi-concurrent & separate fillings in this thread (sorry, you may need to search for the post).

If u r retro-affected, you should apply for 140.

This forum is really active and provide good information.

Hi SS_2004
can you post whether you filed as EB3 or EB2 ??

Thanks to every one.
---------------------------------
PD: 01/15/2004 - IL - EB3 - RIR
ETA : D-0509X-XXXXX
45D letter replied : April or May 2005(I beleive it is April)
Remaining Things(RD/STATUS etc.): Not Known

Help Me

Hi guys,
I'm a silent reader of this form and now i have some questions (doubts) could anyone please help me?

1) what is RD..?
2) what is PD..?

Also i applied my gc in state of OH on July-03 now the case at Dallas BEC
could anyone tell me how to track the application such as any e-mail id or Phone nos?

My advance thanks for you guys.

badluckinusa said:
GCPD0102,

Is your PD 1/16/2002?. original TR PD?. or was your RIR case remanded to TR?.
TR Regional cases are the most neglected ones at Dallas.
I am not sure why they are not even approving any.
They are doing a good job with RIR regional cases but they totally forgot TR regional ones.

My case was originnally filed as RIR and when it went to Region, it was remanded to state. The surprising fact is that my attorney and employer got the 45 day letter with the ETA number as shown in my signature line, but when I requested a screen shot in August, the screen shot shows a different number starting with T and also shows Data Entry incomplete !!!!

GCPD0102 said:
My case was originnally filed as RIR and when it went to Region, it was remanded to state. The surprising fact is that my attorney and employer got the 45 day letter with the ETA number as shown in my signature line, but when I requested a screen shot in August, the screen shot shows a different number starting with T and also shows Data Entry incomplete !!!!

T stands for temporary. you need not worry about that. As long as the other digits match with digits in the 45-day letter ETA number, you are OK.

You need not to believe it. It is not a done deal yet. But, big companies like MS,Computer Associates, Verizon is pusing hard to pass this.

Hope this will be cleared. It will be the happiest moment for all of us. :D
Let's keep out finger crossed!

lucky4me said:
Is there any posting of this news on the USA government website or travel.usa.gov etc. i would believe it if I see a official webiste.

s_chicago said:

Last edited by a moderator: