Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

LC140485GC said:
I just got the screenshot and shows case status as certified. I've been waiting for almost 2 1/2 Yrs. Following are my info:

EB3/RIR
PD: Apr 2003
RD: Jul 2004
45 Day Letter: Feb 2005
Case Status: Certified

Good luck to all waiting, Stay the course, Do not Fall back.
Congrats !!!!
Could you tell us the exact PD

Thnx
- Amit

Could you please tell us which state you applied from?

LC140485GC said:
I just got the screenshot and shows case status as certified. I've been waiting for almost 2 1/2 Yrs. Following are my info:

EB3/RIR

Is it Really FIFO Processing !?

LC140485GC said:

EB3/RIR

My Status

State : CA
PD : July 31 2001 Initially filed as Non-RIR)

Subsequently requested to process as RIR by making neccessary amendments to the original petition. So I guess it might be under EB2.

Did not even make to Regional Level. Must be in Dallas BEC.

Sent an email today and received reply mentioning to wait for the 45 days letter. Have no clue whatsoever. Anyone have idea what is going on ?!

Thanks,
LV

Pls tell me.....

So even though if we eventually get our certified hard copies (after so many years) we still will not be able to file our I-485 until visa becomes available???? It may take another 2 years?????:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
sfmars said:
It is not so sad in your case. Why do you think you get certification in 8 monts ? DBEC did not clear even 10,000 cases for half year. There are more than 350,000 cases in both BECs with PD starting with 1998 till 2005. You have PD May 2004 it could take several years in DBEC and when you get you case cleared from the BEC you PD 2004 can be current.

I agree with sfmars...regarding your response you could try sending it to phily..i got a response back in 1 hour...my PD is Nov 2004. Looks like they are already approvin april 2003 ....worst case we might have to wait for 2 years(i guess i am being optimistic)

SSara said:
Since the october bulletin I have been depressed. I am expecting to get my certification in 8 months or so... who knows... but even if I get it, I would not be able to file the i-485... for a long time... My employer filled the ETA 750 for EB3 and I could apply for a EB2. Now there is nothing to do. This is sad... very sad. I was expecting to file i-485 for my husband so he could get a work permit. Now I am going to sit and wait... pray for a miracle or something and continue extending my H1-B.

:confused: How do you get the screenshot? I sent an e-mail to 'h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us' last week. I received nothing...

PD... May 2004
Never made it to regional
DBEC
45 letter received and immediatly replied: May 2005
Status... who knows??????

I agree with sfmars...regarding your response you could try sending it to phily..i got a response back in 1 hour...my PD is Nov 2004. Looks like they are already approvin april 2003 ....worst case we might have to wait for 2 years(i guess i am being optimistic)

VijayD said:
You mentioned your colleague from Indiana got 45 letter and his PD was 2002, July. Can you please confirm this? My PD is 2001, December from Indiana. Never made to regional.

His PD was August 2002, and not July 2002 (not from the sub-continent). There is another colleague whose PD is July 2002.

Thanks!

MDwatch said:
If your husband from Malaysia get his PERM approval before you get your LC you can get on his application as dependent and take away one vis number from the Malaysian quota. In this case you would not be affected by retrogression since the application would be for a malaysian citizen with his dependent.

Not a lawyer, so take my advice carefully.

Thanks for the info, MDwatch. I will check with my lawyer when it's time and let everyone know.

does not look very encouraging:

There are only 140,000 employment-based visas in any fiscal year and most of these go to spouses and unmarried minor children, rather than visa principals. Now, if you figure that there are over 300,000 labor certifications gathering dust at the two backlog elimination centers, a euphemism if there ever was one, and they will be evenly split between EB-2 and EB-3, it does not take a Nobel Laureate to calculate the impact on visa waiting times. Even if we ignore the fact that immigrant families tend to be larger and indulge the fantasy that this is not so, conservative estimates tell us that a tsunami of about 1 million EB-2 and EB-3 cases will be dumped into the system pretty soon if PERM works the way we all hope it will.

sfmars said:

How did you get the screenshot

I have been sending them the request a month ago and haven't got any reply. How did you do it? Could you send me a sample email? Appreciate it.

My case:
PD: Nov 2001
RD: June 2003
45 day letter: Jan 2005

LC140485GC said:

EB3/RIR

IAmInOklahoma said:
I have been sending them the request a month ago and haven't got any reply. How did you do it? Could you send me a sample email? Appreciate it.

My case:
PD: Nov 2001
RD: June 2003
45 day letter: Jan 2005

This is the information I filled in the E-Mail I sent to Philly office
Employer Name: ABC INC.
Priority Date: Month, DD'Year
State of Filing: XX
ETA Case Number: D-0xxxx-XXXXX

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Do you plan to file I-140/485 with the screenshot ? I am also in the same situation. Screen shot shows certified , but no hard copy yet.

Thanks

Strange situation

I was planning to do a LC substitution based on a co-worker's D-BEC approved LC. Thing is, we have the approved LC that was mailed to the employer, not the one mailed to the attorney.

Can the I-140/485 be filed without the attorney copy? My understanding was that ONLY the attorney gets the certified ETA 750 and the employer just gets a letter saying so....

Please help....time's running out.

cmcindia said:
Hi,

Do you plan to file I-140/485 with the screenshot ? I am also in the same situation. Screen shot shows certified , but no hard copy yet.

Thanks

Where are ICARUS, GP111, Puhrince, Zainy, WhatTheHeck, Orissa, Akela

No posting from these Gurus since past few weeks.

I am missing this guys a lot.........

Ofcourse missing Indira too! :)

I received a screenshot from Phily center today which indicated that my LC was certified :rolleyes: . Attached please find my information.

Does anyone know that whether I can still file 485 and I-140 prior to the end of this month? Is the retrogress effectively start next month? I need to have medical exam immediately and I am not sure when I will receive the hard copy. It seems that I cannot file it without the hard copy.

Please advise. Thanks. :mad:

ETA Case Number:
D-04293-XXXXXXXXXX
Priority Date:
03/24/2003

Processing Type:
RIR
Case Source:
Region

Employer Name:
DOW XXXXXXX
Business Activity: