Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Stutus 'RIR'

:confused: Hello Gurus, :confused:
I am in a confused state as far as my case goes. My PD is Aug 2002 SFO.
I received the 45 day letter somewhere in Jan. It asked me to sent rate of pay along with the answers Yes/No for processing. My lawyer replied it back. My confusion is, I see approvals now from 2003. My case is still pending it shows a status of "RIR". Do you think they are coducting the advertisements again on my case. Please shed some light on this...your help will be greatly appreciated..

thanks in advance :)

GURUS Please

Gurus,

My lawyer has replied by FAX for the 45 day letter twice (once very recently) at the following no,

214-237-9115 (Dallas)

Is it a correct FAX number? In BEC FAQ the fax number listed is different. Please do confirm.

Thanks

Please advice

Hello Guys,

I need your valuable suggestions regarding my labor certification.

I applied my labor in April 2004 and it was forwarded to Chicago DOL on May 2004 and it is currently pending for approval in Dallas BEC.

At the time of filing i have been told by employer and attorney that they are filing it in EB2.

But to my surprise, yesterday they revealed that it was actually flied in EB3. I did MS and i have more than 8 yrs of experience.

Now, i need your suggestion, whether my labor certification can be converted to EB2 at this time (based on my education and experience)?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance

I think that should be a wise move to contact DBEC directly. If you think that the fax number posted on the official website is wrong then do inform us.

Good luck !!

vsaxena said:
My lawyer sent the reply on the same fax # for two other guys who already got thier approval. it is really confusing.

should i call the Dallas to check the correct #?

thanks,

Add to DBEC tracker please

I'm not sure what the correct format is to get my information added to the tracker, but I received a screen capture as requested by my lawyer's office.
Most of it is blank (no 45-day letter yet), but here is the info from the DBEC:

ETA Case Number: D-05195-24xxx
Processing Date: 04/16/2004
State: CA
Processing Type: RIR
Date Submitted: 7/14/2005 (??)

That's pretty much all it says except that the case status is "Data Review". Nothing is blacked out.

grantb4 said:
I'm not sure what the correct format is to get my information added to the tracker, but I received a screen capture as requested by my lawyer's office.
Most of it is blank (no 45-day letter yet), but here is the info from the DBEC:

ETA Case Number: D-05195-24xxx
Processing Date: 04/16/2004
State: CA
Processing Type: RIR
Date Submitted: 7/14/2005 (??)

That's pretty much all it says except that the case status is "Data Review". Nothing is blacked out.

grantb4,

What's you Case Source says in the screenshot ?
What is your Priority date ?

EB2/3 Category is defined by the Job requirement, not by the applicant's qualification or experience. So you can’t file on EB2 just because you have masters and experience.
Once LC cleared state level, I don’t thing you can amend it to different category.

On a lighter note: even with the PD 04/2004 your LC is in Regional level, while lot of us with very old PD still at SWA level.

gc2271 said:
Hello Guys,

I applied my labor in April 2004 and it was forwarded to Chicago DOL on May 2004 and it is currently pending for approval in Dallas BEC.

At the time of filing i have been told by employer and attorney that they are filing it in EB2.

But to my surprise, yesterday they revealed that it was actually flied in EB3. I did MS and i have more than 8 yrs of experience.

Now, i need your suggestion, whether my labor certification can be converted to EB2 at this time (based on my education and experience)?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance

Fellow bretheren,

Let us get together and form the -

Brother Hood Of Schmucks Against Draconian Immigration "Kick-in-the-Butt" Edicts

Something needs to be done.

A Desperate Cry.

Approved

Good news. My attorney just send me email with approved labor attachment. My 5 years of waiting become fruitful now. Now next step. Following are my info:

EB3/NON-RIR
PD: Dec 2000
45 Letter: Dec 2004
Approval: Aug 2005
Received: Sept 19.

Good luck to all waiting.

I know employers and attorneys use the EB2 EB3 very loosely, and in my case I had a moron filing my LC.

Check the form ETA 750 (the LC form). If line 14 says BS and >= 5 years of experience, it'll qualify for EB2. The LC once submitted cannot be altered.

gc2271 said:
Hello Guys,

Please advice.

Thanks in advance

Please advice

GotGC??,
Thanks you very much for your response.

How do i get access to ETA 750?. Will it be available with my attorney/employer?

Thanks

GotGC?? said:
I know employers and attorneys use the EB2 EB3 very loosely, and in my case I had a moron filing my LC.

Check the form ETA 750 (the LC form). If line 14 says BS and >= 5 years of experience, it'll qualify for EB2. The LC once submitted cannot be altered.

Wow.. this is very sad!!!

Since the october bulletin I have been depressed. I am expecting to get my certification in 8 months or so... who knows... but even if I get it, I would not be able to file the i-485... for a long time... My employer filled the ETA 750 for EB3 and I could apply for a EB2. Now there is nothing to do. This is sad... very sad. I was expecting to file i-485 for my husband so he could get a work permit. Now I am going to sit and wait... pray for a miracle or something and continue extending my H1-B.

:confused: How do you get the screenshot? I sent an e-mail to 'h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us' last week. I received nothing...

PD... May 2004
Never made it to regional
DBEC
45 letter received and immediatly replied: May 2005
Status... who knows??????

GotGC! My story is also exactly the same as yours.. My position did need 5+ yrs of experience and also the salary was matching it. I had MS from US univ in related field and 6+ yrs of experience but the moron lawyer (who charged btw $500/HR) filed in EB3 saying that EB2 and EB3 are same and EB3 gets faster response in labor. What a catastrophic decision that was! by any chance is your law firm Fragomen too?
He did mention to me that there was a way to ammend the labor but that was before it went to DBEC. But later he said that it is risky now to ammend.
GotGC?? said:
inneedofgc,

No, it's too late to change anything in the LC to make it qualify for EB2. Sorry! Fact is, once the ETA 750 form is filled, the advts are placed accordingly and all the recruitments happen accordingly. Any change in the LC itself will invalidate it.

By the way, if your LC requires BS + 5 or more as the minimum requirement, you could still qualify for EB2.

I happen to be in the same boat as you are. I have 6 years exp but the moron
filed it in EB3 justifying that (this was more than 3 years back) that both EB2 and EB3 are expected to remain current for a long time!

Last edited by a moderator:
SSara said:
Since the october bulletin I have been depressed. I am expecting to get my certification in 8 months or so... who knows... but even if I get it, I would not be able to file the i-485... for a long time... My employer filled the ETA 750 for EB3 and I could apply for a EB2. Now there is nothing to do. This is sad... very sad. I was expecting to file i-485 for my husband so he could get a work permit. Now I am going to sit and wait... pray for a miracle or something and continue extending my H1-B.

:confused: How do you get the screenshot? I sent an e-mail to 'h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us' last week. I received nothing...

PD... May 2004
Never made it to regional
DBEC
45 letter received and immediatly replied: May 2005
Status... who knows??????

It is not so sad in your case. Why do you think you get certification in 8 monts ? DBEC did not clear even 10,000 cases for half year. There are more than 350,000 cases in both BECs with PD starting with 1998 till 2005. You have PD May 2004 it could take several years in DBEC and when you get you case cleared from the BEC you PD 2004 can be current.

We also have that same FDB&L for our company. I think they are one of the worst but highly rated firm in law business. Somehow all the big companies have appointed them as their legal firm!

activex111 said:
GotGC! My story is also exactly the same as yours.. My position did need 5+ yrs of experience and also the salary was matching it. I had MS from US univ in related field and 6+ yrs of experience but the moron lawyer (who charged btw $500/HR) filed in EB3 saying that EB2 and EB3 are same and EB3 gets faster response in labor. What a catastrophic decision that was! by any chance is your law firm Fragomen too?
He did mention to me that there was a way to ammend the labor but that was before it went to DBEC. But later he said that it is risky now to ammend.

Good news

I just got the screenshot and shows case status as certified. I've been waiting for almost 2 1/2 Yrs. Following are my info:

EB3/RIR
PD: Apr 2003
RD: Jul 2004
45 Day Letter: Feb 2005
Case Status: Certified

Good luck to all waiting, Stay the course, Do not Fall back.