Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

sunofeast_GC said:
Don’t see any light as far as GC is concern……Is there any bill in congress which recommends making approved I-140 portable?

Nothing that I know off. Even with the two bills that talk about immigration reform; it is highly unlikely to see any movement on it for a while. The whole nation, media and the political machinery is focused on the Katrina aftermath now.

Do you think anyone will care about the immigrants plight? Future looks very bleak here for all of us.

LC certified

I have been a silent reader of this forum for the past couple of years. I really appreciate the wealth of information this forum has provided in this tedious quest for GC.

Thanks to all the folks here for their valuable contribution.

Employer received LC certified letter today, lawyer is yet to get it.

I'm hoping to get into the 485 Queue before Oct 1st.

Good luck to all.

Here are my details.

CA-EB2-RIR
Job Code: 17-2041
PD: 21 Feb 2003
SFO DL RD: Jan 2004
DBEC 45 day letter received and responded: Jan 2005
ETA case number: D-04294-22xxx
LC certified letter dated: 22 Aug 2005
Employer received certified letter: 09 Sep 2005

e4c5 said:
To summarize:
1) If your goal is to change employers, approved I-140 + 180 days + AC21 portability is the way to go. Advantage: PERM

2) If your goal is to get to GC, your PD is king!. Advantage: BEC

DISCLAIMER: I am not a lawyer. Keep visiting this forum to learn more and you will be able to make a judgement for yourself.

PERM will not give you any advantage unless you hope that EB2 visa numbers would be current by the time you are ready with your PERM Labor in hand. Remember that one cannot use AC21 unless I-485 has been filed for 180 days. It looks like you are assuming that AC21 applies if you have I-140 in hand for 180 days.

DBAC email Address

Hi I am recently joined in this FORUM. Could some one help me to find email address for DBAC, I want to request for the screen shot and also what are the details I need to provide.

xbohdpukc said:
I sent a request this morning for a screenshot to Phily and received an answer in a matter of minutes that my case is still pending with Final Review status (it's been 2 months now since I got that status first time). Two hours after I received this screenshot my lawyer called me and said that they received the approved hardcopy. Gotta celebrate the end of 2 year and 8 months waiting period.

PD 01/2003
State TX
Case # D-04286

check this about BEC latest

latest update for BEC from www.lewslaw.com:

Update From DOL Backlog Reduction Centers (09-14-2005) [Top]

As of September 12, 2005, the total number of cases forwarded to the two centers was approximately 345,000. Some cases are still in the San Francisco and New York regional offices.

Currently, approximately 90% of cases at the Backlog Reduction Centers have had at least partial data entry. However, 45 day letters are generated only for the cases with full data entry. In the next few months, the centers plan to complete full data entry of all cases and issue the 45-day letters.

To date, the centers have been processing RIR and traditional cases where recruitment was previously completed and no further recruitment was required.

In the next few months, the centers will be preparing to process cases requiring recruitment.

RajWaitingonLCA said:
Hi manm17 and Gurus

Once I140 get approved can we file 3 years of H1B extension N number of times?????

Many Thanks

Yes .. you can keep getting 3 year H1 in the same company till your priority date is current...But I ddon't know what happens if you want to join some other company ?

Icarus, need update on fully entered cases at Dallas

Icarus, Could you please tell us how many (%age of) cases have been fully entered and/or how much time it would take to enter the remaining?

Thanks!
Enqueued
PD 08/2003
WA State

antonioa77 said:
latest update for BEC from www.lewslaw.com:

Update From DOL Backlog Reduction Centers (09-14-2005) [Top]

As of September 12, 2005, the total number of cases forwarded to the two centers was approximately 345,000. Some cases are still in the San Francisco and New York regional offices.

Currently, approximately 90% of cases at the Backlog Reduction Centers have had at least partial data entry. However, 45 day letters are generated only for the cases with full data entry. In the next few months, the centers plan to complete full data entry of all cases and issue the 45-day letters.

To date, the centers have been processing RIR and traditional cases where recruitment was previously completed and no further recruitment was required.

In the next few months, the centers will be preparing to process cases requiring recruitment.

correction

manm17 said:
Yes .. you can keep getting 3 year H1 in the same company till your priority date is current...But I don't know what happens if you want to join some other company ?

you can keep getting 3 year H1 in the same company as long as your priority date is not current

is it possible ?

Guys an important question.

I had my labor applied on April 2001 with Company A i left company A long time back. Company A located at Maryland the labor is with Phili PBEC.

After joining company B applied labor on June 2002 and have got i approved from DBEC under EB3 category. Company B is in California.

Would i use April 2001 priority date to apply for my I485 using the approved labor from Company B ?

The retrogression of EB3 category visas have caused a lot of concern to all of us. There are lots of "If"s and "But"s that we are talking about. Here is something I would like to know

a) For getting "Advance Parole" I-485 filing is necessary? Or can I get the "Advance Parole" without I-485?
b) If I get RIR certified before Oct 1, can I file for I-485 even though my PD is April 2003?

I have seen real tough times, when situations have been beyond my control. This time, hearing about retrogression, its another big blow that I will have to bear with.

I know everyone has questions and they want to hear answers that they like to hear. Some are valid questions, which have not been discussed before, and some have been discussed here before.

I urge the new members forum to please read the previous sections of this thread and understand the meaning of "retrogression" before asking "When am I going to get my GC?"

ring said:
Guys an important question.

I had my labor applied on April 2001 with Company A i left company A long time back. Company A located at Maryland the labor is with Phili PBEC.

After joining company B applied labor on June 2002 and have got i approved from DBEC under EB3 category. Company B is in California.

Would i use April 2001 priority date to apply for my I485 using the approved labor from Company B ?

Absolutely Not,

You could save PD only if you have I-140 approved from company A.
If you even applyed for I-140 and left one before getting approval you will not use PD of company A.

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
The retrogression of EB3 category visas have caused a lot of concern to all of us. There are lots of "If"s and "But"s that we are talking about. Here is something I would like to know

a) For getting "Advance Parole" I-485 filing is necessary? Or can I get the "Advance Parole" without I-485?
b) If I get RIR certified before Oct 1, can I file for I-485 even though my PD is April 2003?

I have seen real tough times, when situations have been beyond my control. This time, hearing about retrogression, its another big blow that I will have to bear with.

I know everyone has questions and they want to hear answers that they like to hear. Some are valid questions, which have not been discussed before, and some have been discussed here before.

I urge the new members forum to please read the previous sections of this thread and understand the meaning of "retrogression" before asking "When am I going to get my GC?"
a) NO, You can't get AP without filing for I-485
b) NO, There are no visas available for September for EB3

PD transfer

sfmars so you are saying that if you have I-140 approved from Company A, then with Company B when you file you maintain your PD?

I guess after I-140 approval you would file for I-485 with Company A. If you switch jobs to company B then your I-140 from Company A gets lost - you must file I-485 with Company A, then do the AC21 after a couple of months...

Is my understanding correct? Else, even though retrogression has hit, we could change after I-140s are approved to new companies and apply I-485 there but that wouldn't work right. Worst thing is to be stuck with the same company for a couple of years more now.

sfmars said:
Absolutely Not,

You could save PD only if you have I-140 approved from company A.
If you even applyed for I-140 and left one before getting approval you will not use PD of company A.

nutcracker1978 said:
sfmars so you are saying that if you have I-140 approved from Company A, then with Company B when you file you maintain your PD?

Yes, you maintain your PD (from the labor of your old A company) but you will have to start GC process for B company from the scratch (from the labor).

I guess after I-140 approval you would file for I-485 with Company A. If you switch jobs to company B then your I-140 from Company A gets lost - you must file I-485 with Company A, then do the AC21 after a couple of months...

It is little bit different situation. I wanted to say that if you have approved I140 from A and after that switch to company B (before filing I485) you will bring nothing to company B except for your PD from comapny A

Is my understanding correct? Else, even though retrogression has hit, we could change after I-140s are approved to new companies and apply I-485 there but that wouldn't work right. Worst thing is to be stuck with the same company for a couple of years more now.

Please read this document, this is what Rajiv says (around yellow highlighted text)

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13066

Thanks

Thanks Manm17

Really appreciate your inputs...let's see now when we get our Labor approval????

CA RIR/EB3
PD: DEC'2003
RD: DEC'2004
45 day letter recieved/replied Jun'2005
Case Status: RIR ( As per screen shot recieved on Aug'16'05)
ETA date for Labor Certification: Jan'27'2006?????? :rolleyes:

manm17 said:
Yes .. you can keep getting 3 year H1 in the same company till your priority date is current...But I ddon't know what happens if you want to join some other company ?

Ok here is my question
If my labor gets approved, I go for I 140 first and then I 485, right? Now with visa cut off dates are delayed, that affects the greencard delay. Does it also affect EAD?
My company is in big trouble right now, may be sold or bankurupt in a year or so. :mad:
My PD is august 2003 and case status says RIR in Dallas. Do you folks think I will get my EAD before company does something stupid? :eek:
How long before I can change my company and keep my PD?
thanks for your help

sfmars said:
Please read this document, this is what Rajiv says (around yellow highlighted text)

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13066

Hi sfmars,
I am getting an error message when I click on this link. I don't know if I am the only one getting an invalid link message. Is there any other way we can access this document? Can you copy and paste the entire message here? I would really like to read Mr. Rajiv Khanna's thoughts.

Thanks a million in advance.

Best Regards.

late_twenties said:
Ok here is my question
If my labor gets approved, I go for I 140 first and then I 485, right? Now with visa cut off dates are delayed, that affects the greencard delay. Does it also affect EAD?
My company is in big trouble right now, may be sold or bankurupt in a year or so. :mad:
My PD is august 2003 and case status says RIR in Dallas. Do you folks think I will get my EAD before company does something stupid? :eek:
How long before I can change my company and keep my PD?
thanks for your help
If you are from retro affected countries, you are not eligible to change employer for years to come.

If I were you, the best I can do is:
1. File 140 right after labor approval and get 140 approved.
2.Aggressively find a new position but don’t go until your company real has problem.
3. If you leave your current company after your 140 is approved, you should be able to use the original PD, or Aug,/03 in your case. However, you have to start the GC process from scratch. Maybe it’s not that bad since you will clear PERM in weeks with Aug/2003 PD.