Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

upheld in a limbo?????

My PD is aug 03. My lawyer just replied back saying that Dallas backlog has stopped mailing 45 day letters, because it was just waste of resource. Is this true? I dont know how to find out where my case stands?
thanks for any help offered.

GC152003 / Immi24 / Srignram / JustDoIt

Thanks guys for helping me out.

I am traveling through Amsterdam...and I called KLM...they said they don't have any problem regarding that......unlike other European Countries, Amsterdam allows that.

Thanks

defeciency flag explanation

chicchu,

There are two most common defeciency flag:
1. Salary offered is less then 95% of Prevailing wage
2. Unduly restrictive requirement like foreign language knowledge

If you have a screenshot then there are two fields "Rate of Pay" and "Prevailing wage". Multiply "Prevailing wage" * 0.95 if it is <= "Rate of Pay" you are not having issue no 1.

For issue no 2, check ETA-750A.

Even if your application is having defeciency flag set, analyst will not denny your application but will give a call to your attorney/employer to amend ETA-750A. For ex, if your ETA-750A required "Master's degree" but in fact according to ONET it is enough even if you have "Bachelor's degree" such a case is known as Unduly restrictive requirement. In such a case, analyst will give a call/letter to your attorney/employer and ask them why job needs to have "Master's degree" please give a "Business Necessity" or amend ETA-750A item no 14.

Same way, employer address registered with department of state is different then the current address, analyst will raise a defeciency flag which doing "Data Review". Now, when "RIR" analyst sees such flag they will give a call/letter to attorney/employer asking for which address is correct. If ETA-750A address is not current one then they will aske Attorney/Employer to amend ETA-750A and send a letter signed by Employer to BPC.

In fact, above both the cases(Business necessity and address change) has happened with me and my attorney replied to BPC analyst with facts signed by my employer about week back. My case is in RIR status right now but I know an analyst is working on my case because of call.

So don't worry about defeciency flags, your application will still be aprovable if your employer done good recruitment. Even if your recruitment is not good, they will transfer to TR for supervised recruitment.

45 day letter stopped?

late_twenties
I don't think ur lawyer is right, we haven't heard anything about it yet from official or (more reliable) unofficial sources.
They did stop 45 DL cause they are only doing brief data entry and cannot generate 45DL. Once temp entry is complete we might see 45 DL being issued again.
In fact people who sent emails for status checks recently were told in reply that 45 DL letters would be sent.
Though I do hope that BECs management realize how much waste 45 DL letters really are.

dema said:
Guys....It may not be the right forum to ask this question....But I don't know where to get this information.....Can you guys please help me Or route me to the correct Forum....

My H1B stamping has already expired....but I've valid H1B approval till Sep'06

Will there be any problem if I travel to India through Amsterdam Or London?

I am asking this becuase one of my friends told me yesterday (though he is not very sure but he has heard it somewhere) that if you travel through any european city, they harass you a lot if you don't have valid stamping on your passport. They don't understand H1B approval or Petition.

Do any of you have any prior experience with this?

I need to buy my tickets by today or tomorrow based on this information.

So please help.

If you are traviling through London, you need to have transit visa if you don't have US visa stamped. They don't understand "Notice of action". Most of the europian contries requires transit visa if you don't have US visa stamped. Best way to make sure is to give a call to conserned contries embassy. Find on www.google.com contact number of embassy and give them a call. I gave a call to UK embassy when I was travelling to India about 15 months. So don't buy the tickets until you are sure.

Days_go_by said:
late_twenties
I don't think ur lawyer is right, we haven't heard anything about it yet from official or (more reliable) unofficial sources.
They did stop 45 DL cause they are only doing brief data entry and cannot generate 45DL. Once temp entry is complete we might see 45 DL being issued again.
In fact people who sent emails for status checks recently were told in reply that 45 DL letters would be sent.
Though I do hope that BECs management realize how much waste 45 DL letters really are.
I appreciate your kind reply. I just have one more question. How can I find out where my case stands at backlog? when I call them, what are they going to ask? like a reference number or something. becuase it seems my lawyer doesnt have any of that info.
One must hate to just left out like that. Is there a way to find out how long the case is going to last?
I would really appreciate your input on this.

vsaxena said:
Did anybody find out more about the cases which have status “DATAREVIEW” with priority date of 2002?

What could be the reason for my case, I just got another screenshot and it is still in “DataReview”. MY PD is 9/30/2002. Lawyer did reply for 45 day letter in Jan 2005.

Thanks,

Vsaxena,

I think the response your attorney sent to BPC, some how not entered in the system. So I would suggest ask your attorney to send 45DL response one more time by FAX or Courier. That's the only possibility I can think of.

late_twenties

lwhat is ur PD, u can use the tracker xls maintained by Justwatching to get a very rough idea when to expect approval.
BECs are not entertaining any calls/emails for status checks. There is an email address (for 7th year extension) that people have used to find out status about their case numbers. You can go thru prev logs or GodBlessYou's FAQs to find that email address. Though it is not guaranteed to get a reply from BEC.

dsugandhi said:
Vsaxena,

I think the response your attorney sent to BPC, some how not entered in the system. So I would suggest ask your attorney to send 45DL response one more time by FAX or Courier. That's the only possibility I can think of.
How should I explain to my lawyer? What could be the beast reason for asking her to do that? She doesn't want to call DOL. She is giving me same crap again and again that DOL is behind in data entry.

thanks,

dsugandhi said:
If you are traviling through London, you need to have transit visa if you don't have US visa stamped. They don't understand "Notice of action". Most of the europian contries requires transit visa if you don't have US visa stamped. Best way to make sure is to give a call to conserned contries embassy. Find on www.google.com contact number of embassy and give them a call. I gave a call to UK embassy when I was travelling to India about 15 months. So don't buy the tickets until you are sure.

DSUGandhi....

Thank you so much for your reply.....I am traveling through Amsterdam.....So at first I called Netherlands Consulate......they are not picking up the phone...
So....I called KLM-NWA and asked this question.....they said that I don't need any transit visa in this case.......

Does anybody else have prior experience traveling through Amsterdam without having a visa stamp?

Thanks

Prevailing wage

Fellow sufferers,
I read in previous posts that Prevailing wage when less then 95% causes problems. What if the offered salary(Rate of Pay) is 25% more then Prevailing wage?
Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance.

vsaxena said:
How should I explain to my lawyer? What could be the beast reason for asking her to do that? She doesn't want to call DOL. She is giving me same crap again and again that DOL is behind in data entry.

thanks,

I am in the same boat.....my attorney doesn't want to call BEC.....she asks me to have patience........

How can one have patience when he watches that everybody else with later priority dates are getting status like "Certified", "Final Review" or at least "RIR"?

hi everybody

I have been a silent reader of this forum since 2003. Today I decided to join in. My husband received screen shot from Phily BEC with status Certified!. Here are the details
CA/ EB2 / RIR
PD: 12/23/2002
RD: 11/21/2003
BEC#: D-04303- 28xxx
45 Day letter in Feb.
Hard Copy: Will post the day when we receive it.
Good luck to everybody

dhm2002 :)

Days_go_by said:
lwhat is ur PD, u can use the tracker xls maintained by Justwatching to get a very rough idea when to expect approval.
BECs are not entertaining any calls/emails for status checks. There is an email address (for 7th year extension) that people have used to find out status about their case numbers. You can go thru prev logs or GodBlessYou's FAQs to find that email address. Though it is not guaranteed to get a reply from BEC.
My PD is august 2003. I appreciate your help. you said I should check tracker of somekind. where is that located?
thanks a lot.

GCCovet said:
Fellow sufferers,
I read in previous posts that Prevailing wage when less then 95% causes problems. What if the offered salary(Rate of Pay) is 25% more then Prevailing wage?
Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance.

If that's the case then you need to donate that extra 25% to somebody. :eek:

dema said:
DSUGandhi....

Thank you so much for your reply.....I am traveling through Amsterdam.....So at first I called Netherlands Consulate......they are not picking up the phone...
So....I called KLM-NWA and asked this question.....they said that I don't need any transit visa in this case.......

Does anybody else have prior experience traveling through Amsterdam without having a visa stamp?

Thanks

I am not sure if the customer service reps of KLM-NWA would know about these issues.

Hi dsugandhi,

As you said below, you/u r attorney replied one week ago about Business necessity and address change right? that means DBEC folks doing some kind of analysis according to PD basis on a certain bunch of cases before changing the status to "Final Review"? like 2001 as one bunch, 2002 as another, etc becoz your PD is 11/2003 and according Icarus last week posting the que is around March'03 or may be April'03.

Can we assume the kind of process which u r case gone through is as part of Analysis Q? or step well before that?

dsugandhi said:
chicchu,

There are two most common defeciency flag:
1. Salary offered is less then 95% of Prevailing wage
2. Unduly restrictive requirement like foreign language knowledge

If you have a screenshot then there are two fields "Rate of Pay" and "Prevailing wage". Multiply "Prevailing wage" * 0.95 if it is <= "Rate of Pay" you are not having issue no 1.

For issue no 2, check ETA-750A.

Even if your application is having defeciency flag set, analyst will not denny your application but will give a call to your attorney/employer to amend ETA-750A. For ex, if your ETA-750A required "Master's degree" but in fact according to ONET it is enough even if you have "Bachelor's degree" such a case is known as Unduly restrictive requirement. In such a case, analyst will give a call/letter to your attorney/employer and ask them why job needs to have "Master's degree" please give a "Business Necessity" or amend ETA-750A item no 14.

Same way, employer address registered with department of state is different then the current address, analyst will raise a defeciency flag which doing "Data Review". Now, when "RIR" analyst sees such flag they will give a call/letter to attorney/employer asking for which address is correct. If ETA-750A address is not current one then they will aske Attorney/Employer to amend ETA-750A and send a letter signed by Employer to BPC.

In fact, above both the cases(Business necessity and address change) has happened with me and my attorney replied to BPC analyst with facts signed by my employer about week back. My case is in RIR status right now but I know an analyst is working on my case because of call.

So don't worry about defeciency flags, your application will still be aprovable if your employer done good recruitment. Even if your recruitment is not good, they will transfer to TR for supervised recruitment.

Hi Guys,

I received my screen shot today...My case has been certified. I requested a screen shot 2 weeks ago , but received a reply today.
Here are my details:

Case Number: D-04xxx-xxxxx
Type: RIR
PD: Jan 03
Case Status: Certified

Now the wait for hard copy begins...

PD on Snap-shot doesn't match the Previous PD I got from SWA

Sorry to post my message in between. It has been utmost frustrating experience with the way the companies and the government handle GC process.
My case details are as follows :

The snap-shot I got from DBEC shows these details:
ETA Case # : T-05192-10XXX.
Priority Date : 07/11/2005.
Processing Type : TR
Case Source : State
Case Status : Incomplete.
Case Received Date : 07/11/2005.
Processing center : Dallas Backlog elimination Center.

The priority date on the Receipt letter I initially got when my attorney sent the ETA 750 to SWA was 02/21/2004. This date doesn't match the PD in snap-shot.
Does any body have a similar experience ?.

My attorney has kept me un-informed about the case type all this time. They are supposed to do RIR and he changed his mind the last minute and applied under TR. They did 6 months Ad for this job . He is giving some vague reasons for applying under "TR". I am not happy with this guy.
I am definitely frustrated with all these problems. Does anybody has some good suggestions on what to do at this stage to help my case ?.

Date submitted

Deshwasi:

What is the date on your PD and DateSubmitted on the screen shot

Thanks

DeshWasi said:
Hi Guys,

I received my screen shot today...My case has been certified. I requested a screen shot 2 weeks ago , but received a reply today.
Here are my details:

Case Number: D-04xxx-xxxxx
Type: RIR
PD: Jan 03
Case Status: Certified

Now the wait for hard copy begins...