Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
I just wanted to just ask you what does "Case Status: RIR" mean?
Your response shall be highly appreciated.

RIR Means:
1. Your case is completely entered in BPLC system.
2. They have received your 45DL response and entered the response in the system.
3. They have determined Prevailing wage.
4. They might have set deficiencies flag if your job requires unduly restrictive requirement or salary offered is less the 95% of prevailing wage.
5. Your case is waiting for "RIR" analyst to pick up in FIFO order by PD for further processing.

Spelling of the names

rdalls said:
jaydsai,

Initially when i sent email for my status. My status was closed w/o any info.
Then i immediately contacted my lawyer and they sent enquiry to DBEC. I sent another email to DBEC two days ago and now my status is "Data Review". I don't know what will be the next status?

I am in the same boat as you. My case status after being closed is now Data Review.In addition to that, I noticed that on the screen shot and the 45 day letter my middle names has been spelt wrong. How critical is this... Do I need to ask my attorney to get it corrected and what is the procedure for that.
Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

dsugandhi said:
RIR Means:
1. Your case is completely entered in BPLC system.
2. They have received your 45DL response and entered the response in the system.
3. They have determined Prevailing wage.
4. They might have set deficiencies flag if your job requires unduly restrictive requirement or salary offered is less the 95% of prevailing wage.
5. Your case is waiting for "RIR" analyst to pick up in FIFO order by PD for further processing.
How do u know if a defeciency flag is set ? I did not see anything that shows that info on the screenshot of ours. Also is there a way to check our status periodically if it has to changed to final review etc without requesting a 7th year screenshot

My friend's LCA approved

My friend's LCA (CA/RIR/EB-3) got approved from Dallas BEC. (His lawyer informed him yesterday). His PD is 09 Jan 2003. I do not know RD, exact date of approval etc.

chicchu said:
How do u know if a defeciency flag is set ? I did not see anything that shows that info on the screenshot of ours. Also is there a way to check our status periodically if it has to changed to final review etc without requesting a 7th year screenshot

I guess the only way to work around this situation without having to request the screenshot again is keeping a watch on fellow forum members case status. Or just go to the forum "BEC Priority Date Tracker" located at http://www.ImmigrationPortal.com/showthread.php?t=161571&goto=newpost

Guys....It may not be the right forum to ask this question....But I don't know where to get this information.....Can you guys please help me Or route me to the correct Forum....

My H1B stamping has already expired....but I've valid H1B approval till Sep'06

Will there be any problem if I travel to India through Amsterdam Or London?

I am asking this becuase one of my friends told me yesterday (though he is not very sure but he has heard it somewhere) that if you travel through any european city, they harass you a lot if you don't have valid stamping on your passport. They don't understand H1B approval or Petition.

Do any of you have any prior experience with this?

I need to buy my tickets by today or tomorrow based on this information.

So please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello LC_Ki_Kahani

I was curious how u found out the status of your application. I just have a reference number. Would appreciate it if you could help me.

yes it is a problem

Based on my personal exp. it is a problem. I had the similar issue with visa revalidation. We traveled through London by BA. We could not even board the flight in USA Airport. We had to postpone our journey to next day, went to British consulate, got the visa and then only we were able to travel. Typically if you get a transit visa for the country you are going through, you should be fine. If you apply in person to get a visa ata consulate it should not take more than a day. Good Luck.
This is only if you travel through Eurpoe. You may check and try other routes.
Good luck
dema said:
Guys....It may not be the right forum to ask this question....But I don't know where to get this information.....Can you guys please help me Or route me to the correct Forum....

I am asking this becuase one of my friends told me yesterday (though he is not very sure but he has heard it somewhere) that if you travel through any european city, they harass you a lot if you don't have valid stamping on your passport. They don't understand H1B approval or Petition.

So please help.

dema said:

.....So please help.

That is incorrect. Since you have an Indian passport and you are on your way to india it should be fine.

hi

dema said:

So please help.
You need atransit visa if you dont have a stamping on your passport.That is true if travel through europe.

congratulation to your friend

e4c5 said:
My friend's LCA (CA/RIR/EB-3) got approved from Dallas BEC. (His lawyer informed him yesterday). His PD is 09 Jan 2003. I do not know RD, exact date of approval etc.
However it is not LCA,but LABOUR.

vladys said:
I was curious how u found out the status of your application. I just have a reference number. Would appreciate it if you could help me.

I just sent an email at H1B7YR@DAL.DFLC.US and H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US.
The Dallas center replied back in about 2-3 hours. I got it from Phili center this morning.

This is the draft of the email:

This is to request you to please provide us with the screenshot for the RIR case mentioned below.

Employer name and address:

Company Name, Inc.
Some St. # 123
City Name, TX 77088

Alien name and address:

Your Name
Some Street # 123
City Name, TX 77088

Date of filing: April 04, 2003

State where filed: Texas

Case number: D-0428x-xxxxx

Sincerely,

Company Name, Inc.

I sent an email to dallas(h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us) on 8/8/05 in the below format and got the info today from philli.

subject:- Company name Lastname firstname middlename

Employer name :

Processing Type:

Alien Name: Lastname, firstname middlename

Case number: D-05083-54***

got the screen shot

Case Status: RIR
Case Source: Region
Case Received Date: 3/24/2005
My info

PD: 5/7/2004
IL - RIR - EB2

Please help

Did anybody find out more about the cases which have status “DATAREVIEW” with priority date of 2002?

What could be the reason for my case, I just got another screenshot and it is still in “DataReview”. MY PD is 9/30/2002. Lawyer did reply for 45 day letter in Jan 2005.

Thanks,

dema said:

So please help.

You need to have a valid US visa stamped in your passport to transit thru many of the European Countries. If you do not have a valid US visa stamped in the passport; you need to obtain a transit visa prior to travel. (This rule has been around for past 2 years.)
Only NWA transiting thru Amsterdam is an exception.

thanks LC-K-K

I dont have a case number. All i have is a 6 digit reference number. I am yet to receive the 45 day letter. please advise!