Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Case shown as TR instead of RIR

My case is diaplayed as TR in the website today. Found that this issue also happened others as well. Sent main to attorney, still waiting for reply. Please let us know if you know any information on this.

Also, i noticed bunch of other case numbers with RIR near by case # were certified, which were all INPROCESS last week. Looks like DBEC is working fast.

-------------------------------------------------
Case: RIR - EB3.
State: TX.
PD:03-24-2005.
Received 45 day letter: 06-27-2006.
Case Number: D-05206-41XXX
Online Status:IN PROCESS

Last edited by a moderator:
Certified

Guys,

Just wanted to share this with you all as you all have been a real motivation force in hour of need.

My labor has been certified (per online status). Look at signature for details.

I wish U all the best.

SWA IL RIR/EB3
ETA Case: D-05105-5XXXX
Priority Date: 04/01/2004
45 Day Letter Received: Last week of June, 2006
45 Day Letter Replied: July 17, 2006
Online Status = Certified (as of 01/10/07 at 5:00 EST)

Certified after 4 years

Folks,

My case shows online as certified today. My info is,

EB3 RIR CA
ETA case number: D-04301-2xxxx
Priority date: 2/19/2003
Backlog center received application on: 1/14/2004
45-day letter issued on: 2/2/2005
45-day letter reply sent on: 2/17/2005

Thanks every one on the forum. This has been a great source of information during this long wait. I wish every one great luck with the process.

ETA case no. clarification

Hi guys, I am absolutely new to this forum. Just signed up today only. Lots of my friends had told me that it is great over here as everyone shares his or her own experiences and that would be a definite eyeopener for novices like me to track the progress of my case.
I have just a simple question ---
How and when does the ETA case number become a number starting with D or P. The screenshot that I had several months ago always showed the ETA number starting with T. Then I got the 45 day letter sometime in last week of Nov. 06 which was promptly replied in Dec. Ist week 06. I called my company's lawyer and he told me that now my ETA case number is a number starting with D, the rest of the number remaining the same as was the case when it started with T. I work for a big corporation with an equally big law firm, hence access to the lawyer is very very limited.
I regularly check the status on ETA website and that shows IN PROCESS. Earlier during the time when the 45 day letter was received, the status shown was DATA REVIEW.
Can someone educate me on this.
Thanks in advance.

Some TR cases had their recruitment done before they were sent to the elimination center. If you have not done that, you probably will need go through that when they send you the recruitment instruction.
coolz said:
thanks
what do you mean recruitment was done?
my lawyer told me just to wait but never mention about recruitment...
where there need to be prepared just incase.

would be glad to hear.
thanks

Online Status Certfied as of Today

Happy to inform you that my case status changed from Inprocess to CERTIFIED. Good Luck to you all.

Yet to hear from employer or attorney ...

Congratulations and good luck to your next step !!

downinflorida said:
Guys,

Just wanted to share this with you all as you all have been a real motivation force in hour of need.

My labor has been certified (per online status). Look at signature for details.

I wish U all the best.

SWA IL RIR/EB3
ETA Case: D-05105-5XXXX
Priority Date: 04/01/2004
45 Day Letter Received: Last week of June, 2006
45 Day Letter Replied: July 17, 2006
Online Status = Certified (as of 01/10/07 at 5:00 EST)

Congratulations and good luck to your next step !! One request, you said your PD was May, 2004, could you please tell us exact date. Thanks !!!

Looks like finally DBEC has started working on IL cases.

bkr said:
Happy to inform you that my case status changed from Inprocess to CERTIFIED. Good Luck to you all.

Yet to hear from employer or attorney ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Labor Approved

My Labor got approved from DBEC this week. Details below:

CASE TYPE : RIR

REGIONAL OFFICE: CHICAGO

P.D: MAY 2004

Any Suggestions?

I came to US in 2004 and one vendor had asked me to switch to his company and he would give me a 2003 pre-approved labor. Is this going to create any problem in future if I move to his company as I come in 2004 and labor is of 2003. My qualification matches to 2003 labor perfectly. Some one please respond as I have to take some decision. My labor is still pending and wait still goes on.

Any Suggestions?

justlc said:
I came to US in 2004 and one vendor had asked me to switch to his company and he would give me a 2003 pre-approved labor. Is this going to create any problem in future if I move to his company as I come in 2004 and labor is of 2003. My qualification matches to 2003 labor perfectly. Some one please respond as I have to take some decision. My labor is still pending and wait still goes on.

Any Suggestions?

There are tons of postings about LC substitution in this forum. I do not recollect anyone has a case like you ... check with your employer's attorney and let us know.

Congratulations !! Could you please give us little more information, like which State and exact date of PD. Thanks !!!

anilkay said:
My Labor got approved from DBEC this week. Details below:

CASE TYPE : RIR

REGIONAL OFFICE: CHICAGO

P.D: MAY 2004

They Backtrack

justlc said:

Any Suggestions?

I know a similair case but yours is very unique. One of my friends joined a company after they promised him of a substituted labor. The approved labor had a priority date before the retrogression cutoff (somewhere in 2001). My friend snagged it and filed for 140 and 485. 140 got approved in 3-4 months and they denied 485. The reason being - Employer wouldnt have been able to afford the pay if the beneficiary were working for them back in 2001. They backtracked to that year the labor was approved and checked how much the company was making and calculated how much my friend would have been making back in 2001. My friend, his attorney and the filing company didnt have a clue as to how and why they can do that. But in the end my friend had to quit that company and join somewhere else.

devar said:
I know a similair case but yours is very unique. One of my friends joined a company after they promised him of a substituted labor. The approved labor had a priority date before the retrogression cutoff (somewhere in 2001). My friend snagged it and filed for 140 and 485. 140 got approved in 3-4 months and they denied 485. The reason being - Employer wouldnt have been able to afford the pay if the beneficiary were working for them back in 2001. They backtracked to that year the labor was approved and checked how much the company was making and calculated how much my friend would have been making back in 2001. My friend, his attorney and the filing company didnt have a clue as to how and why they can do that. But in the end my friend had to quit that company and join somewhere else.

Well, this company is a big company and are in business for last 8 years with 200 employees and financally they can prove their cresidentials in 2003. But my only worry is would I get into trouble at the time of I485 approval? Is it a good decision to take certified 2003 labor or to continue with my original in-process labor which no one know when it would get certified? It could be today, tomorrow or else be a year.

2001 LC TR to RIR

I had my 2nd meeting with my attorney today regarding the conversion and he has decided to go ahead with it.His prior concerns,the waiting for DBEC to state PR and amendments were rectified at the last AILA meeting on the 10th and he told me that even if DBEC does not reply you can find PR yourself and put in amendments in the e-mail.With RIR you basically have to run ads for 10 consecutive days (newspaper,web,on site) and once this is done you have to wait 30 days for any replys.Once the package is complete send it off before 1st April and hope for the best.
He thinks this will probably save 3-4 months since at the OFLC meeting they are allready thinking about extending the RI date for all LC from April 1 to August 1.As far as the October 1 2007 completion date he stood by what he told me last time that DOL has an extension and funding till February 2008 and anybody who can change from TR to RIR will be worth the extra $ because there is no way 85,000 TR cases are even going to get RI s by April 1 let alone getting 145,000 cases done by October 2007.
Hope this helps and if you can convert go ahead,been with my Lawyer since 2001 and he is trustworthy.

New here

Hi,
It has been nice reading here. Today I have some questions:
my case shows as TR.. but how can I confirm that TR is how I filed. In other words what is the difference between TR and RIR cases. my PD is from april 2001. There was an ad placed in the newspaper, applications recieved and interviewed, after which it was sent to labor department and they approved the case and sent it to the backlog center..(I guess). Also I want to know a lot of people here check the status (online) of others around their own case numbers.. how do you know what numbers to put in. How can I check the status of people around my case number?hank you in advance! Goodluck to all. bye.