Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

labor approved ..finally

After 2 and half years I finally got the news I've been waiting for since so looooong....My labor was approved on June 21, Both the company and the attorney received letter today. For all those waiting I'd say hang in there...sooner or latter (I hope sooner) you will get a decision on your case too..

Thankyou all for sharing your valuable info and insight and GOOD LUCK

Additional info

ohio_boy said:
Hi,

The case you're describing here seems similar in some instances to mine. Mine was filed in Nov 2004 with Ohio SWA. Attorneys told me it's MS+1 or Bs+3. At that time I thought that ment EB-2. However, I found out a month ago that it's EB-3. This is because for EB-2 it should have been MS+1 or BS+5. So it's very important what they put as alternative exp.

Thanks for your input. But my case only states minimum requirement as BS+5 so i was under the impression that it might be EB2.Also it specifies my education background as BS and MS +5 years experience before i joined this company.Prevailing wage is 80k .How can i make out whether the case is EB2 /EB3 from Prevailing wage. of course the case filed is in RIR category.Any inputs.

45-day letter not yet received - but they say it has been mailed!

Hi,
I found out from the 202 number that my 45 day letter has been mailed on June 24th, today is July 6th and I have been calling my lawyer time and again and he says that they have not received it.. and they say they might get it 'sometime' this week.. and this week has just one more day left tomorrow!! :mad:

Has anyone faced such an issue where the DOL has mailed it and you received it late (By looking at the date on the letter vs what is the date n the day you received it).. I am beginning to pluck my hair out waiting for this damn letter to come!! I will be celebrating my 5th anniversary of filing for greencard on the last day of this month!! I hope to get the LC certified before then. Any inputs regarding delay in 45day letter reaching the attorney's office is greatly appreciated..

I am in the same boat. Mine was mailed on Jun 28. Not recd yet.

lviswa said:
Hi,
I found out from the 202 number that my 45 day letter has been mailed on June 24th, today is July 6th and I have been calling my lawyer time and again and he says that they have not received it.. and they say they might get it 'sometime' this week.. and this week has just one more day left tomorrow!! :mad:

Has anyone faced such an issue where the DOL has mailed it and you received it late (By looking at the date on the letter vs what is the date n the day you received it).. I am beginning to pluck my hair out waiting for this damn letter to come!! I will be celebrating my 5th anniversary of filing for greencard on the last day of this month!! I hope to get the LC certified before then. Any inputs regarding delay in 45day letter reaching the attorney's office is greatly appreciated..

Chocolate said:
Thanks for your input. But my case only states minimum requirement as BS+5 so i was under the impression that it might be EB2.Also it specifies my education background as BS and MS +5 years experience before i joined this company.Prevailing wage is 80k .How can i make out whether the case is EB2 /EB3 from Prevailing wage. of course the case filed is in RIR category.Any inputs.

you are EB2, based on BS+5 in experience. i think the old LC mecanism allowed for employer to increase the wages if DOL objected. of course, keep ur fingers crossed since sometimes INS objects to filing under EB2 even if DOL clears it. but that case applies to everybody, not just you.

am100 said:
I am in the same boat. Mine was mailed on Jun 28. Not recd yet.

Find out if they (BEC) have the correct mailing address. They are screwing up big time with the mailing address. The had my attorney's address wrong on my 45 day letter (he changed address recently) inspite of several communication to them to correct it.

Any help on this?

sumathireddy said:
Hello Guys,

Have any one of you heard about getting Labor approved with wrong Job code?.What needs to be done if that happens?Any input on this is appreciated.

Thanks

Finally received 45 day letter

First hurdle crossed ...

How long is it taking approximately to get LC approval after responding to 45-day letter? Looks like folks who replied to their 45-day letter a year or so ago are still waiting, whereas folks who replied to their 45-day letter recently have been posting approvals in a month or two after their 45-day response date.

------------------------------------------------------------
EB2 RIR CA
PD: April 2004
RD: Never made it
45 day letter mailed out: 6/27/2006
Case #: D-05196-xxxxx

Re-advertisement for LC

Guys,

Recently my attorney received request from BCE to readvertise our ad. After that how long will it take to clear the LC. Anybody has any experience on this.

-immg_details

Labor process PD 2002/AUG

I am still waiting for my Labor approval( PD Aug/2002).All my friends who filled along with me(PD Aug/2002) got there Labor approved and they got there Green Card too. All our Labor files got pushed to same Dallas BLC. I am very depressed and scared about my Labor.
Looking at other threads i see people calling 202-693-3010 to find the status, can i also call that no. will there be any issue calling that no.?
thanks
kiran

Atlast we heard something about Non RIR

Hi Immg_details,

When did your attorney got the instructions to do the recuritment ad again?

I am thinking your case is NON RIR that's why only you got these instructions. Can you please provide some more details about the case i.e. PD, Category, 45 day letter etc.

Thanks,
Inder

helpful info

calabor said:
you are EB2, based on BS+5 in experience. i think the old LC mecanism allowed for employer to increase the wages if DOL objected. of course, keep ur fingers crossed since sometimes INS objects to filing under EB2 even if DOL clears it. but that case applies to everybody, not just you.

Thanks for your input.Its such a relief.one more thing the lc application only had wht was minimum requirement as BS+5 years experience But also had details of my Masters.WHat does that exactly mean.Also i wanted to know whether the prevailing wage cud be so higher for EB3 ?anyinputs.

Labor got Approved finally

Hi Everyone!

I just received this good news from my HR that my RIR labor got approved after a long wait and lot of hurdles.
I appreciate everyone one of your help in this forum. It has given me lot of hope. I am not sure if my next stage will be filed in EB2 or EB3. Can someone please guide me about the next steps in the GC process and related forums. I do not have a bachelor's degree yet and am working towards it. Still have two semesters to go though so will it be impossible to file under EB2?
Also, i do not know where the tracker is so that i can update my details. Would help if i get any inputs. I guess i will be embarking another long journey.

my details are as follows:

RIR labor
EB2/EB3: not sure?????
PD: Oct-1-2004
Never made it to regional
45 day letter received: june 2nd 2006
45 day letter replied: around june 15th 2006
Labor approved notification: July 7th 2006 (approval notice yet to be received)

one more detail

anil_mandra said:
Hi Everyone!

I just received this good news from my HR that my RIR labor got approved after a long wait and lot of hurdles.
I appreciate everyone one of your help in this forum. It has given me lot of hope. I am not sure if my next stage will be filed in EB2 or EB3. Can someone please guide me about the next steps in the GC process and related forums. I do not have a bachelor's degree yet and am working towards it. Still have two semesters to go though so will it be impossible to file under EB2?
Also, i do not know where the tracker is so that i can update my details. Would help if i get any inputs. I guess i will be embarking another long journey.

my details are as follows:

RIR labor
EB2/EB3: not sure?????
PD: Oct-1-2004
Never made it to regional
45 day letter received: june 2nd 2006
45 day letter replied: around june 15th 2006
Labor approved notification: July 7th 2006 (approval notice yet to be received)

Even though i don't have a BS yet i ahve over 12 yrs. IT experience and a diploma and an Associates degree. Will that help in any way.

thanks
anil

Anil, remember that is not enought to be qualified for EB2, your job or better put, your company must say that the MINIMUM requirement is EB2 and not EB3. On my case, I qualify for EB2 but my company doesn't want to put as minimum requirement EB2 because it would the options on further recruitments. One thing is what we want and another is the interests of the sponsord we have.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can I find that out?

indio0617 said:
Find out if they (BEC) have the correct mailing address. They are screwing up big time with the mailing address. The had my attorney's address wrong on my 45 day letter (he changed address recently) inspite of several communication to them to correct it.

CaptainPicard said:
Anil, remember that is not enought to be qualified for EB2, your job or better put, your company must say that the MINIMUM requirement is EB2 and not EB2. On my case, I qualify for EB2 but my company doesn't want to put as minimum requirement EB2 because it would the options on further recruitments. One thing is what we want and another is the interests of the sponsord we have.

Thanks CaptainPicard. I spoke to my manager today and seems that my case is in EB3. He was saying that the retrogession will be moving faster than expected as INS wants to get rid of the backlogged cases. I dunno how true that is.
Also, where can i find info. about 140 and the retrogession dates.

Thanks and good luck to everyone.
Anil