Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

7th year H1 stamping at New Delhi

Gurus, Need some advise please!
My 7th year H1 expires on Feb 27, 2006 and I have a visa interview at New Delhi Consulate in early Jan 06. Since the interview date is so close to the H1 expiry date, is it too risky to attend a H1 visa interview in New Delhi, India for my 7th year extension?
My 8th year extension has already been filed in mid october and I don't expect it to be approved by the interview date in early Jan 06.
I have a dire need to travel to India in Jan. I tried to attend the interview in Toronto but could not make it for the interview in the last minute due to some unavoidable circumstances. Just a bit concerned now that the interview date is so close to the H1 expiry date. Although I shall be carrying the receipt notice for my 8th year extension as a proof that my employer is still interested in retaining me, I am a bit tense. Any input from experts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Another approval from Dallas BEC!

My RIR labor application was just approved yesterday!

Filed with SWA: 10 Dec 2003 (PD)
Moved to DOL: 30 Sep 2004
45-day letter: Feb 2005
Moved to Dallas BEC
Approved: 5 Dec 2005
Total time: 2 years from PD

I have added my entry to the immigration tracker at
http://www.nriweb.com/bectracker.php

My username is robin, you'll see my entry there.

VISLI_COM said:
I did but waiting for approval.
CA/August/2003 RIR/EB3

I think my case was moved to Dallas BEC, Is this same with you. And where can we get this information. Unfortunately my employer does not provide me with much of the details. And on what bases is BEC handling the cases, may be I'm asking a foolish question. Is it on the bases of filing date (or) the date the BEC received it (or) the state in which the LC is filed. Please let me know if someone about this.

Congrates ravib. I am sure will not have these many pain in your later statges. Good luck.

ravib said:
Hi All,

After 2 years of LABOR PAINS :) , finally my labor got approved. I have received the letter to my home address and my company also got it today.

Thanks to each and every one in this forum for sharing information and helping others. I wish you all good luck. Below are my case details.

State: IL
PD: Oct 21, 2003
EB3
45 Days letter replied: sometime in Mar/April 05.
RFE/NOF: Received exisitance check failed along with 45 days letter.
Case # D-05010*****
Approved Date: 11/14/2005
Letter Recevied: 12/06/2005

Thanks again,
RaviB

I received a letter from BEC Dallas stating that while they were reviewing my case they lost two papers ETA-B or TEA-B which ever needs my sign and they want One of the page singed by me for futher review.
It seems that they started loosing papers while boxing the files.

GCOnly said:
Gurus, Need some advise please!
My 7th year H1 expires on Feb 27, 2006 and I have a visa interview at New Delhi Consulate in early Jan 06. Since the interview date is so close to the H1 expiry date, is it too risky to attend a H1 visa interview in New Delhi, India for my 7th year extension?
My 8th year extension has already been filed in mid october and I don't expect it to be approved by the interview date in early Jan 06.
I have a dire need to travel to India in Jan. I tried to attend the interview in Toronto but could not make it for the interview in the last minute due to some unavoidable circumstances. Just a bit concerned now that the interview date is so close to the H1 expiry date. Although I shall be carrying the receipt notice for my 8th year extension as a proof that my employer is still interested in retaining me, I am a bit tense. Any input from experts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I dont think it should be a problem.
[I recently (Nov 2005) got stamped for 7th year at the Mumbai Consulate. My 7th year expires in Mar 2007.]

ranko said:
Hi

I'm new to this site. One of my friend told me that it is very good resource. My Labor was filled in MI (09/2003) and was sent to DBEC. I havn't got 45 day letter yet. Just wondering about the current dates for 45 day letters. Can some one please let me about this.

Thanks
I m in the some boat, MI/EB2/PD-9/2003, no 45-day letter,no other details..
-gfgc

justdoit said:
I dont think it should be a problem.
[I recently (Nov 2005) got stamped for 7th year at the Mumbai Consulate. My 7th year expires in Mar 2007.]
Thanks justdoit!
BUt in your case, you had at least 15 months remaining on your 7th year. But, for me, I 'll only have 1.5 months remaining. Thats what I am concerned about.

Approval

I heard about one approval from MI..dec2003 PD.

45 day letter received sometime in sept.

don't know other details.

GCOnly said:
Thanks justdoit!
BUt in your case, you had at least 15 months remaining on your 7th year. But, for me, I 'll only have 1.5 months remaining. Thats what I am concerned about.
That was a typo. I meant Mar 2006. So, I had less than 5 months remaining.
Either way, I dont think it should be a issue.
Make sure your passport expires atleast 6 months after interview date.

justdoit said:
That was a typo. I meant Mar 2006. So, I had less than 5 months remaining.
Either way, I dont think it should be a issue.
Make sure your passport expires atleast 6 months after interview date.
Thanks once again! I still have 2 years on my passort, so I am good there.

stsgc said:
My PD is August/2003 RIR/EB3. I'm still waiting for 45 day letter. Anyone whose PD is after 08/2003 received 45 day letter?
I just came to know from my lawyer that my labor is cleared few weeks back but he fargot to inform me. MI/EB3/RIR, PD 8/2003, 45 day letter 4/2005. My case was forwarded to DBEC from chicago DOL.

psc said:
I just came to know from my lawyer that my labor is cleared few weeks back but he fargot to inform me. MI/EB3/RIR, PD 8/2003, 45 day letter 4/2005. My case was forwarded to DBEC from chicago DOL.

Congrats psc. I have requested some update from our company lawyer. Still waiting.

Is there any way to get the status of the case from DBEC. I saw someone saying "screen shot". What is that?

Who maintains that?- nriweb.com

I never visited that site before, but that site shows my information with this portal userid. any Ideas who maintains that or they simply stole the data from here. May be we all could find our data there without our knowledge.

sambha said:
We have been using this site for tracking our case:

http://www.nriweb.com/bectracker.php

for those who're not aware.

There are more than 550 cases entered for DBEC last time I checked.