Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

nov_2002 said:
GP111 or Icarus

what does it mean by Case Status - Closed ??? I recieved a screen shot from the Dallas BEC in which it shows this. Is there something i need to do ??
I talked to my Lawyers they say not to worry about it and also say they cannot check with BEC
Please advise

Thanks
Closed means just that...processing has been terminated, usually for the lack of response to a 45-day letter or by employer/atty request. And they can send a letter to BEC requesting that the case be re-opened if it was closed in error.

RIR processing status

Dear DBEC Members,

I am a victim of Philadeplhia BEC. I am trying to get a feeling that how is RIR processing going on in Dallas? Are there consistent approvals or random ones ? If it is consistent then what is the PD of latest approvals ?

In PBEC RIR is not moving at all :(

inque said:
Since the Dallas Que processing has gone slow, would it be posisble for you to provide a specific date rather than the month pertaining to where the Que actually stands as of now ?
2/6/03 as of yesterday

Icarus said:
Closed means just that...processing has been terminated, usually for the lack of response to a 45-day letter or by employer/atty request. And they can send a letter to BEC requesting that the case be re-opened if it was closed in error.
Icarus - thanks for your input, i have approached my attorney providing them the screen shot, have not heard anything from them yet. I am hoping that tehy should approach BEC regarding this.

Case Status Closed'

mnhrdc--does your existence check say 'overridden'? i got mine yesterday and it says 'closed'. my existence check status says 'overridden'. I have called my attorney and i am waiting for her reply.
wait..she just called and she said that the case has been closed and that there is a new case number. The new case number case # starts with dXXXXX-XXXXX. The old format was 00XXXXX. I just wrote to dallas bec for anothr screen shot.
there are people who are concerned about slowing the BEC down with these requests but its hard not to when you know one little negligence or mistake can turn ones life around. There really is no easy way. Damned if you do and damned if you dont.

Last edited by a moderator:
Browse the forum

Guys,

Please browse the forum before you post a question.
You can find answers to most of the questions if you spend little time on going back couple of pages.

-SR
TX/RIR/EB3
PD 11/02
45 letter 12/04
D-04287-xxxxx

BobbySingh said:
mnhrdc--does your existence check say 'overridden'? i got mine yesterday and it says 'closed'. my existence check status says 'overridden'. I have called my attorney and i am waiting for her reply.
Does anyone know what should the existence check say if everything was normal on the lc app.
Also my PD is Jan/31/2003 and according to icarus dbec is processing feb/03. if my att has to submit request to reopen my case will that mean my app will be processed right away since its priority date has already passed or does it mean I am at the end of the queue. This sucks big time. I am so close and now this.

Hi Bobby Singh

U r saying u r existence check: closed now but before is it Overridden ???

bec i am worrying now about my case.. first screen shot --- Failed , ...second screen shot - Overridden ------- whats next ?????????

AAnya, applied LC from Arkansas as well. I am working for a major company too. And still waiting. I am trying to squeeze more information out of our HR everyday but it is getting to a point I am afraid they wont tell me even if I get my 45-day letter or LC approved. :) So, I am waiting just like others for my application to be entered to the system. Like Volleyball says it is going to take a while. I am hoping by the end if the year.

Keep your hopes up.

B-

GOOD NEWS - Labor approved

Guys....., finally after a long wait and panic, I got an email from my HR saying my labor is approved. Not very exited but kind of had mixed feelings.
As of now, I do not know the details of when it was approved.

Funniest thing is my best guess in my signature below says labor will be certified on Aug 5th,05. It so happened that I got to hear this news one day before.

I will post the details when I hear from them.

One more thing..., BEC never responded to the screen shot requests, may be bacause my certification is already mailed.

MI, EB2, PD : Dec09, 2002, RD Chicago DOL : Feb11,2004

Kanjoos..., I think you should hear yours pretty soon... Good Luck.

To all gurus and ICARUS...., Thankyou very much

RIR processing at DBEC is being done ONLY for the cases that went to regional. If RIR case is state, it is not being processed (even if the PD is april 2001).

Regarding the regional RIR cases that are being processed, it's been a mixed bag. Many people have got approval (as late as PD Jan 2003), but then there are a lot of people like Zany, Rydhan and others who have PD of first half of 2002 and are still in dark. So I'd say the approvals are kind of semi-random (some people getting it, some people not getting it).

DBEC seems to be better than PBEC (who is stuck at april 2001), but only for people who got approved :(.

atyagi73 said:
Dear DBEC Members,

I am a victim of Philadeplhia BEC. I am trying to get a feeling that how is RIR processing going on in Dallas? Are there consistent approvals or random ones ? If it is consistent then what is the PD of latest approvals ?

In PBEC RIR is not moving at all :(

Congrats Chicago-case.

As GP111 had earlier suggested, you might be better off rushing to submit your I140 and I485 before August 31st.

Chicago-case said:
Guys....., finally after a long wait and panic, I got an email from my HR saying my labor is approved. Not very exited but kind of had mixed feelings.
As of now, I do not know the details of when it was approved.

Funniest thing is my best guess in my signature below says labor will be certified on Aug 5th,05. It so happened that I got to hear this news one day before.

I will post the details when I hear from them.

One more thing..., BEC never responded to the screen shot requests, may be bacause my certification is already mailed.

MI, EB2, PD : Dec09, 2002, RD Chicago DOL : Feb11,2004

Kanjoos..., I think you should hear yours pretty soon... Good Luck.

To all gurus and ICARUS...., Thankyou very much

Bloom

cAN ANY ONE GIVE LIGHT ON MY CASE.

EB3/ REG /az state
PD: jULY 12 2001
RD: SEP 19 2003 regional AT ca
45 Day letter: rEPLIED ON O6/17/05 ( IMMEDIATELY)
tHANKS IN ADVANCE

BobbySingh said:
wait..she just called and she said that the case has been closed and that there is a new case number. The new case number case # starts with dXXXXX-XXXXX. The old format was 00XXXXX. I just wrote to dallas bec for anothr screen shot.
there are people who are concerned about slowing the BEC down with these requests but its hard not to when you know one little negligence or mistake can turn ones life around. There really is no easy way. Damned if you do and damned if you dont.

Mine existence check says "FAILED" which i obtained long back

If i understood your problem correctly

Existence check=Overridden (NO Worry they have set right s/w bug)

But If your case status = "Closed" you should immediately ask Attorney to contact DBEC as Icarus said in earlier posting.

"Closed means just that...processing has been terminated, usually for the lack of response to a 45-day letter or by employer/atty request. And they can send a letter to BEC requesting that the case be re-opened if it was closed in error."

Last edited by a moderator:
mnhrdc said:
Mine existence check says "FAILED" which i obtained long back

If i understood your problem correctly

Existence check=Overridden (NO Worry they have set right s/w bug)

But If your case status = "Closed" you should immediately ask Attorney to contact DBEC as Icarus said in earlier posting.

---------------

Hi Mnhrdc,

What was the "Case status" when you checked back then ? When I checked on early July it was "RIR". So trying to get an idea. What about Zany_Brainy and Raydhan. Did they get their approval yet ? Just curious.

patience13 said:
---------------

Hi Mnhrdc,

What was the "Case status" when you checked back then ? = "Certified " Mail room Employee is mad at us.When I checked on early July it was "RIR". So trying to get an idea. What about Zany_Brainy and Raydhan. Did they get their approval yet ? Just curious.= "ZB,Ray can answer hope they are:)"[/QUOTE]

thanks for update

WhyThisDelay said:
RIR processing at DBEC is being done ONLY for the cases that went to regional. If RIR case is state, it is not being processed (even if the PD is april 2001).

Regarding the regional RIR cases that are being processed, it's been a mixed bag. Many people have got approval (as late as PD Jan 2003), but then there are a lot of people like Zany, Rydhan and others who have PD of first half of 2002 and are still in dark. So I'd say the approvals are kind of semi-random (some people getting it, some people not getting it).

DBEC seems to be better than PBEC (who is stuck at april 2001), but only for people who got approved :(.

BobbySingh said:

Bobby

Please update once you recieve the response from BEC

Thanks
nov_2002

paradesi2000 said:
Hi Bobby Singh

U r saying u r existence check: closed now but before is it Overridden ???

bec i am worrying now about my case.. first screen shot --- Failed , ...second screen shot - Overridden ------- whats next ?????????
NEXT... You are dashing off another email for a statues check!

Case Status Intentionally Masked

I just got my screen shot, but the CASE STATUS field and DATA ENTRY ASSIGNED TO field seem to be masked with white color, these 2 lines should be yellow throughout.

Processing Type: RIR PD: 11/22/2002
Case Source: Region
Case Receive Date; 09/23/2004

Date Submitted: 06/30/2005 ---> What does this mean ?
Existence Check; Overridden
Correction Letter Generated: 12/17/2004
Correction Letter Printed: 12/17/2004

Does anybody have similar experience ? What does that masking mean ?
Can anybody help ?