Daily Commute to and from Canada for a short duration

immi3

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I have 2 months of daily commuting between US and Canada, between July 19,2005 and September 19, 2005. I was holding a Canadian Work permit, and holding a US green card. I used to stay in Canada and work in Detroit, so I was staying for the weekend in Canada, and going daily to USA on weedays.

I understand that you need to specify only stays outside which are more than 24 hours.

How do I specify my days of stay in US as required in N-400 Citizenship application ? Do I need to specify only the weekend stay in Canada. Or, can I ignore to state my stay in Canada during the period?

I am going to file my citizenship application, I have satisfied 4 yrs 10 months since obtaining my GC. I am hoping than somebody can answer my question.

My citizenship is India, and I was holding a Canadian Work Permit visa. I had got a job from a company in Canada, and got a Canadian work permit for that job. During this 2 months, I was actually working in Detroit.

Raevsky, Thanks for your answer.

I used to stay in Canada, and work daytime in USA. So, I guess you mean I need to state my weekend stays in Canada only.

I am concerned that this way I will have about 15 records of into and out of USA records for this period in Canada, and a total of about 22 records of arrival into USA. The N-400 application form only has 10 rows in that section, and I would have to attach additional sheet. I am a little concerned if this will raise their eyebrows that I had so many visits abroad.

I do have about 38 months of US stay in my 4 yrs 9 months since I became LPR, with no stay away from US for over 3 months. So, I have qualified my residency requirements, but I am concerned what kind of impression they would have with so many frequent international visits.

Yoiu can use additional N-400 sheets for additional records.
You should be more concerned what kind of impression you are going to have if you do not disclose the truth.

Raevsky,
Appreciate your response.

I will state the truth. BTW, does a record like mine with 22 visits abroad, but still meeting the eligibility requirements, seem like an ok case for citizenship to the IO. I have my reasons for this ----- I got married to my wife who is in India after getting the GC, and hence my wife and my son are not allowed any iimidieate visa to USA.

Thanks
-immi3

As I was filling up the N-400, I realized my question needs some more clarification. I have daily commutes for about 8 weeks. So, I was commuting Mon-Fri daily to work in USA, and live in Canada in the night, and used to stay in the weekend in Canada. So, lets say I went to USA on 15th August(monday), and continued daily back and forth between USA and Canada till Friday evening when I returned to Canada;and then I went to USA on 22nd August(Monday).

a. So shall I say on my N-400 application that I left USA on 19th August(Friday) and returned abck to USA on 22nd August(Monday).

b. Other question is if I make some mistake regarding dates while crossing the border by car, is there a way they can verify the records of my arrival-departure across the road border. In other words, do they keep records of border crossings by land ?

I am just about to complete my application. Answers will be greatly appreciated.