dad's brother or me

coolest_head

Registered Users (C)
My dad's own brother is a U.S citizen. I am here on a H-1B

My dad wants to visit the U.S. Who would be better to sponsor him ?

Me or his brother ?

Also, if his brother sponsors him, would the consulate ask why are you not using your son's papers ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Your dad should not disclosed that he has a son in the USA when he is making his application for a non immigrant visa. His brother sponsorship would most likely be more successful than your sponsorship.Remember your status though legal is not regarded as permanent by INS. I am not a lawyer.This view was obtained from experiences dealing with INS.

Coolest Head,
You father does not need to be sponsored at all. Visit visa applicants qualify on their own. If you are using the term sponsor to refer to someone sending your father an I-134, it really does not matter. I personally believe (and I may be wrong) that I-134s weaken a case, not strengthen it.

Ignore the advice given by Tola. He is suggesting your father commits perjury. Your father needs to mention both you and your uncle in his DS-156.

Triple Citizen gave you very wise advice. My parents visited me while I was on F1, H1 and even after I recieved my Green Card. They got their visitors visas without any hassle and even after telling the IO that they had two sons in USA in various stages of immigration process. Neither my brother nor me had to provide any sponsorship or any letter. At the embassy, all they would like to know is that if there are sufficient ties back home so that they will return instead of staying back in USA. Hope this will be helpful.
Sincerely,
MGM