CWOP on I551

I485_help

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know what CWOP on I551 stamp on passport mean? We went to local USCIS office to get I551 stamp on passport and that's what they wrote on the stamp.

CWOP means cancelled without prejudice.
Did they put that on a old stamp when they gave you a new one?
Or were you waiting for a physical green card & received it?

They scribbled it on old stamp which expires on 12/12/17. We already have actual Green cards in hand but we have applied for I90 for name correction. We have an upcoming international trip so we visited local office for new stamp on passports.

They scribbled it on old stamp which expires on 12/12/17. We already have actual Green cards in hand but we have applied for I90 for name correction. We have an upcoming international trip so we visited local office for new stamp on passports.
Then it's fine. They cancelled the old stamp because you have a new stamp and there's no need for more than one stamp at a time.

But they didn't re stamp the passports with new I551, thy just wrote CWOP on old stamp which expires in few days..

Probably did it on purpose.. they were very rude to talk to..I had to go thru Senator's office to get an appointment but when we reached there with an email from Senator's office they didn't want to stamp our passports. They said we shouldn't have been there in first place. The person on counter as well as the supervisor, both were very unprofessional in their conduct. Wondering if we can travel with I90 pending receipt (without actual 155 stamp).

Probably did it on purpose.. they were very rude to talk to..I had to go thru Senator's office to get an appointment but when we reached there with an email from Senator's office they didn't want to stamp our passports. They said we shouldn't have been there in first place. The person on counter as well as the supervisor, both were very unprofessional in their conduct. Wondering if we can travel with I90 pending receipt (without actual 155 stamp).

Why did you have to go through a senator's office just to get an appointment? No infopasses available? How long did you try get an infopass for?

You've got green cards, you don't need an I551 stamp anymore. Take the I90 too in case of questions about the one that has the incorrect name. You don't mention having to return the incorrect GC.