• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Cutoff numbers for March 2014 visa bulletin (contains April Cutoffs)

OK. Done that, but my mind reading abilities are letting me down.

What I see is that Ethiopia were roughly in line with this year and both of them stayed limited until 50k in July.

So what is your point.
May 32900
Jun 36000

in 2014, winning more than 800 people.
Why is it excluded? Either it's a lie, or forms sent less than in 2013.:)

May 32900
Jun 36000

in 2014, winning more than 800 people.
Why is it excluded? Either it's a lie, or forms sent less than in 2013.:)

Why does it have to be a lie?? Can't it just mean that they are coping with the volume a bit better than last year???

There are two other threads covering these numbers which we were able to obtain yesterday. However, some people are still asking and we need the summary - so here it is.

EU – 25400
-- Uzbekistan 14750
AS - 5350
SA - 1140
OC - 900
AF - 30,000
-- Egypt 22850
-- Nigeria 11600
-- Note – Ethiopia Country cutoff removed.

This information was compiled from several people making the phonecalls to KCC - so thanks all that did that and then took the time to post the results in the forum. Again - the members of this forum are doing an amazing job of informing, supporting and helping each other - the VAST majority in good humour!

My analysis and thoughts of those numbers?
EU and SA continue to make good progress. AS region had a pretty good jump considering there was no limit placed on Nepal or Iran. In AF the 30k number was a big surprise (lower than anyone predicted). Nice jump for Ethiopia and Egypt, Nigeria still running slow. OC region is horribly slow, and perhaps the biggest surprise of the 5 regions given their increase in quota.

Simon:

Please take a look of my number 2014SA000016XX. When do you think it becomes current...?

Thanks.

Sordy

case

Simon:

Please take a look of my number 2014AS10xxx from Nepal. Do you think it becomes current...?

BTW, I am going for AOS process.

Thanks

Simon:

Please take a look of my number 2014AS10xxx from Nepal. Do you think it becomes current...?

BTW, I am going for AOS process.

Thanks

Hmmm Nepal is a bit trickier - it might get a special cutoff in the next couple of bulletins. If not, then July, perhaps August. If it is limited with a special cutoff then you might want to think whether AOS is a safe option at your FO. The gurus in the AOS thread can advise better about that.

cut off

Саймон: Пожалуйста, взгляните на мой номер 2014EU39xxx. Как вы думаете, становится текущей ...? если не трудно когда?

Саймон: Пожалуйста, взгляните на мой номер 2014EU39xxx. Как вы думаете, становится текущей ...? если не трудно когда?

Это должно быть в июле или августе. Пожалуйста, используйте английский язык, если вы можете.

I'm assuming you are not from Uzbekistan of course...

Это должно быть в июле или августе. Пожалуйста, используйте английский язык, если вы можете.

I'm assuming you are not from Uzbekistan of course...

Now i know why do you understand sloner :p

Britsimon my analysis on AF region going slow can be partly attributed to the inclusion of Ethiopia as part of African cutoff numbers. The last couple of bulletins Ethiopia's cutoff has been pretty close to that of the rest of Africa. This however means Ethiopia might quickly hit the country specific limit. My biggest worry however is for Nigeria which might not become current this year. For the rest of Africa, an increment of 5,000 isn't that bad given that probably half of these might be 'holes'.

Looking at the DV-2014 selected Entrants, i saw another country hitting a limit during selection. it's RD CONGO. last year was cut at 3924
, but this year it reached 6025. Kenya and cameoun also have a lot of selectee 4245 4268, but I can confirm that cameroun was not cut during selection because i know a guy from cameroun with 116XXX.

What do you think friends

Looking at the DV-2014 selected Entrants, i saw another country hitting a limit during selection. it's RD CONGO. last year was cut at 3924
, but this year it reached 6025. Kenya and cameoun also have a lot of selectee 4245 4268, but I can confirm that cameroun was not cut during selection because i know a guy from cameroun with 116XXX.

What do you think friends

having 6000 ish selectees is a sure sign of being limited. However, A country may have been limited at below that number too - depending on the derivatives ratio. For instance, Ghana is limited with only 3945 selectees. They have so few derivatives that I think they were limited at 3500 principal selectees and the rest are derivatives. So - we won't see Ghana selectees with very high numbers like your unlucky friend from Cameroon.

So - the limit during selection is 3500 - I believe.

having 6000 ish selectees is a sure sign of being limited. However, A country may have been limited at below that number too - depending on the derivatives ratio. For instance, Ghana is limited with only 3945 selectees. They have so few derivatives that I think they were limited at 3500 principal selectees and the rest are derivatives. So - we won't see Ghana selectees with very high numbers like your unlucky friend from Cameroon.

So - the limit during selection is 3500 - I believe.

Yes, you already explained that to me,
I will try to find out max CN of every country suspected to be subject to limitation, just to know how long this slow scenario will continue.
For RD CONGO I know someone with 36XXX, for others i will ask on other forums

if the case current , how many days it will take to send kcc the 2NL , and how many days it will take to update the cheet for the interview date ,

Yes, you already explained that to me,
I will try to find out max CN of every country suspected to be subject to limitation, just to know how long this slow scenario will continue.
For RD CONGO I know someone with 36XXX, for others i will ask on other forums

Sorry - didn't remember I had explained already.

About the slow scenario - I am not certain that restricted countries make more holes. It is possible though and would lead to faster progress later - as you know.