Current situation at asylum office SF CALIFORNIA

Hi everyone, first time poster. Just wanted to tell this forum thanks because the help and guidance provided here has been invaluable. Recently got my asylum approved at the SF asylum office! The interview was a few weeks ago and I received the decision within 2 weeks of the interview. The interviewer was very pleasant, and asked very straight-forward questions. I was at ease and felt fairly confident after the interview that my case would be approved. Here is my timeline below:

- Applied Affirmatively- form I-589 Received in September 2014 [in status]
- September 2014 - First fingerprint notice
- February 2015 - Applied for EAD
[in status]
- March 2015 Received First EAD card
- December 2015 - Applied to renew EAD card
- February 2016 - Received 2nd EAD Card [out of status]
- September 2016 - 2nd fingerprint notice
- September 2016 - Asylum Interview
- September 2016 Asylum approved (2 weeks after interview); Letter received with 1-94

Thanks, after how much time you received the rest of documents in mail. Mine is a mail decision, just wondering when can I expect.

to receive decision faster , please do the bio-metrics as soon as possible . i got approve in 2 weeks after the interview . a lady at the asylum office told me that you did a good job by doing the bio-metrics the same day i received it . otherwise you could have waited 3 months . so dont waste anytime when you receive that bio metrics letter

to receive decision faster , please do the bio-metrics as soon as possible . i got approve in 2 weeks after the interview . a lady at the asylum office told me that you did a good job by doing the bio-metrics the same day i received it . otherwise you could have waited 3 months . so dont waste anytime when you receive that bio metrics letter
I had my biometrics done less in Nov. 15, so that is less than 1 year, probably I am good on that. I live more than 250 miles from office that is why it is a mail out decision.
How many days after the decision, the status on site is updated?

Hi, First time I seen this forum and happy to know all friends are sharing their experiences. I had applied Religious Asylum but no interview since April 2016 at San Francisco Office. Recently applied for EAD on 21 Sept i have received Receipt but still no finger print notice. Is the directly EAD will receive or what is the procedure and time required to receive EAD ando SSN.

Hi, First time I seen this forum and happy to know all friends are sharing their experiences. I had applied Religious Asylum but no interview since April 2016 at San Francisco Office. Recently applied for EAD on 21 Sept i have received Receipt but still no finger print notice. Is the directly EAD will receive or what is the procedure and time required to receive EAD ando SSN.
Hi if you have done your first fingerprint after you applied for asylum then you don't need to do another one. You will need to wait for 10weeks or more to get it and after then you take it to the social security office to get an SSN.

No news from me :(
My wife and I applied for EAD replacement. This will be 3rd EAD :(
I really hope something will be change next year.
I foun information that LA Office has only 4 officers to do interview. The rest, on board with Mexico.

I already interviewed in SF office on March, but no news about the decision.
I hope everything goes well next year.