Current situation at asylum office SF CALIFORNIA

Hi, today I received a letter from San Francisco asylum office in which they request all my original documents. This suppose to mean that I will recive my decision soon, or what do you think? Maybe someoane had the same situation. I had my asylum interview on January 5th, 2017
Thank you
Hi Marry hope you are doing well , it's great news your right they we'll send you decision soon , my father still waiting for decision it's almost six mount yesterday he send an email to Arlington AO then they reply
Thank you for e-mailing the Arlington Asylum Office. Your e-mail has been received.

Please note that if your inquiry concerns the following items, you will not receive a response:

· If your inquiry concerns a credible or reasonable fear case,

pleas re-send your inquiry to ZAR-APSO.ZAR- APSO@uscis.dhs.gov

· If you are sending an address update, we will not send a response unless we are unable to update your address.

· If you are updating your case to add or change an attorney, we will not send a response unless we are unable to update your case.

· If you are writing regarding a Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”) request, our office does not process requests. Please refer to the USCIS website for more information about submitting a FOIA request:

· If you have received an interview notice and are requesting a reschedule, please email for your request to be considered.

· If you have a question that does not relate to an I-589 or I-881, please contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at The NCSC will assist you with your case related inquiry. When you call, you will need to have your receipt number, A-number, type of application filed, and the date the application was filed.

For all other inquiries, please allow 21 days to receive a response.

Please note that we must verify your identity before we are able to respond to you. If you have not already included information that will allow us to verify your identity, please resubmit your inquiry with the following information:

· Your name

· Relationship to the pending case (e.g. applicant, attorney, third party)

· Alien Number

· Date of Birth of applicant

· Country of Citizenship of applicant

· Any other relevant identifying information (receipt number, address, etc.)

· A copy of your G-28 if you are an attorney and have not already submitted one

If you are the applicant or attorney, we will respond through e-mail to your inquiry. If you are not the applicant or attorney, the applicant must sign a letter authorizing us to provide information to you. Our office will then evaluate this letter prior to releasing information.

USCIS schedules asylum interviews as soon as resources permit. Currently, our resources are stretched, as the USCIS Asylum Division has received a significant increase in all caseloads over the last several years, which has led to longer processing times for the affirmative asylum caseload. We are actively addressing this increased workload by hiring and training additional personnel.

The Affirmative Asylum Scheduling Bulletinavailable on USCIS.gov explains how the Asylum Division prioritizes the adjudication of affirmative applications for asylum. Since December 26, 2014, we have been prioritizing asylum applications for interview scheduling as follows:

1. Applications that were scheduled for an interview, but the interview had to be rescheduled at the applicant’s request or the needs of USCIS;

2. Applications filed by children; and

3. All other pending affirmative asylum applications in the order they were received, with oldest cases scheduled first.

Generally, applicants in the first and second categories are scheduled promptly. For applicants in the third category, the table on theAffirmative Asylum Scheduling Bulletin lists how the asylum offices are currently scheduling asylum interviews for applications pending in the third category. It provides the filing dates (month and year) of most asylum applications scheduled for local interviews during that particular month. We have created this system to provide applicants in the third category an estimate for when they might expect their interview to be scheduled. The approximations provided in the table are based on interviews scheduled during the listed month and future movement will be determined by each office’s caseload and resources.

Asylum applicants may be eligible to apply for employment authorization if their asylum cases have been pending for 150 days or more, minus stoppages caused by the applicant. This system balances multiple public policy objectives, including the goal of making the asylum program more accessible, the need to provide employment authorization to asylum applicants, and the agency’s obligation to protect the integrity of the asylum process.

When the Asylum Office is prepared to schedule the interview, the Asylum Office will send a written appointment notice to the address on record with the date, place and time of the interview. The Asylum Office will also send a copy to your legal representative if the Asylum Office has on file a G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative.

If you wish to request an expedited interview due to emergent circumstances, you may contact the Asylum Office in writing, articulating the reasons underlying the request. You may be asked to submit additional documents in support of your request.

If your inquiry is urgent, please contact our office by fax at (703) 812-8455 or in person during our office hours.

We hope that this information if helpful. General immigration information, forms, and instructions are available free of charge atwww.uscis.gov.

Thank you,

Arlington Asylum Office

Hi, today I received a letter from San Francisco asylum office in which they request all my original documents. This suppose to mean that I will recive my decision soon, or what do you think? Maybe someoane had the same situation. I had my asylum interview on January 5th, 2017
Thank you
That is good news because if they wanted to deny your application they would not ask for additional documents . I was in a similar situation . after my interview they took all my original documents and requested additional documents from my home country . I later mailed it to them in August and in November I got my approval letter. Good luck .

Hello everyone. My interview letter finally came in today after 2yrs and 6months. The interview will be third week of January 2018. Does anyone have interview scheduled in January at sf office?. Will update how the interview went.

New
Any benefits of requesting USCIS to expedite the interview, date of original application is Feb 2016, I feel I was almost close to being interviewed now God only knows how long the wait would be ?
Applied in Chicago feb 2016
Transferred to sfo in July 2017

New
Any benefits of requesting USCIS to expedite the interview, date of original application is Feb 2016, I feel I was almost close to being interviewed now God only knows how long the wait would be ?
Applied in Chicago feb 2016
Transferred to sfo in July 2017

Hi my friend how are you?
i applied on october 2016 in SF and expedited 3 weeks ago but any news until now! how we know our expedition approved or denied they are gonna sent us letter?

Hi my friend how are you?
i applied on october 2016 in SF and expedited 3 weeks ago but any news until now! how we know our expedition approved or denied they are gonna sent us letter?

You and your lawyer should get a letter?
What were the grounds of your request for early interview ?

You and your lawyer should get a letter?
What were the grounds of your request for early interview ?

my lawyer and I did not receive any letter ,and my wife needs to surgery and we do not have insurance.
when did you expedite and how many days after that did you get letter from them?

That is good news because if they wanted to deny your application they would not ask for additional documents . I was in a similar situation . after my interview they took all my original documents and requested additional documents from my home country . I later mailed it to them in August and in November I got my approval letter. Good luck .
Almost 3 months and still nothing:(

Hello
A got recommended approval in feburary 2018 and I have been checking the Znumber but it's still showing invalid. Does anyone know the wait period? I didn't do second fingerprint because the lady at the sf asylum office said uscis will run the first fingerprint in their data base again that they have stopped sending people for second fingerprint.

Hello
A got recommended approval in feburary 2018 and I have been checking the Znumber but it's still showing invalid. Does anyone know the wait period? I didn't do second fingerprint because the lady at the sf asylum office said uscis will run the first fingerprint in their data base again that they have stopped sending people for second fingerprint.
You have to wait no one knows. Someone waits only a month someone waits a year or more

Hello everybody,
not SF office, but LA Anaheim. It has been passed 13 months we completed our interview and still counting.... Recently, we recieved respond on our request that our case is still pending on decision and suggestion to go on the site and look for immigration benefits

Hello everybody,
not SF office, but LA Anaheim. It has been passed 13 months we completed our interview and still counting.... Recently, we recieved respond on our request that our case is still pending on decision and suggestion to go on the site and look for immigration benefits
Natalia, are you waiting for desision 13 month???

Yes, we are. We completed the interview in March 2017 and still waiting for decision
NataliiaUSA, any updates from you? are you still waiting for asylum decision?

here is the detail of my case:

Asylum office: SF
MAR-2015 : Filed I-589 (religious asylum, from one of travel-banned countries:Iran)

JUN-2017 : Asylum Interview
Still pending Asylum decision. When we follow up they say its pending background check.

Id like to know when should I expect to hear from them?! :|

Hi Guys , I am also from one of those Banned countries and applied on October 2016 and my interview was last week on august 21th in Seattle and waiting for decision, anyone here from Seattle?