CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

Thanks lifey. And now, just to totally comlpete our misery, and put the last nail in our coffins, we are going to again run out of visa numbers this summer :

Taken from the July visa bulletin :

Readers are reminded that during the summer months, with immigrant visa number use approaching the annual limits for the year, the supply of numbers remaining for use is limited. Thus, cut-off date advances could slow or stop, and monthly allocations decrease. Additional retrogression of cut-off dates such as those experienced for July are possible. Readers should not assume visa availability until the cut-off dates are announced.

lifeislife said:
The initial response from the Congresswoman came in about 2 weeks from the time I entered the question on her website (email through web form). I was not expecting any responses but I wanted to get a quicker way of writing to her than to type a letter, print it and send it to her via snail mail.

In any case, the response opened a new confusion in my application with Eb3/Eb2 issue. After that I talked to my lawyers and they sent a change request to USCIS which replied back to them saying they cannot do anything till background check is cleared!!

I responded back to the Congresswoman with this update and it has been about 2 weeks since that email and nothing from her yet.

The Senator responded via email in about 3 weeks and after I sent her a written permission to inquire on my behalf, I have not heard from her for about 2 weeks now.

I may be off on the timelines by a few days +/- but in general, they are good for estimates.

status enquiry through phone

did anyone get reply for the enquiry initiated through phone. I have called them two times 30 days apart, and havenot received any reply through post. Shouldn't we receive some status information in 30 days?

Raj. (in name check).

rajrw said:
did anyone get reply for the enquiry initiated through phone. I have called them two times 30 days apart, and havenot received any reply through post. Shouldn't we receive some status information in 30 days?

Raj. (in name check).

What did they tell you when you called second time? I am afraid to call second time because from the message it seemed like we have to wait for 60 days before calling again.

qwerty1111 said:
Thanks lifey. And now, just to totally comlpete our misery, and put the last nail in our coffins, we are going to again run out of visa numbers this summer :

Taken from the July visa bulletin :

Readers are reminded that during the summer months, with immigrant visa number use approaching the annual limits for the year, the supply of numbers remaining for use is limited. Thus, cut-off date advances could slow or stop, and monthly allocations decrease. Additional retrogression of cut-off dates such as those experienced for July are possible. Readers should not assume visa availability until the cut-off dates are announced.

That's just fantastic :-(

Nothing comes easy :)

when you get an update on your case you need to wait for 60days for initiating an enquiry. otherwise you can initiate after 30 days. The second time I called he promptly initiated another query and said I have to wait for another 30 days to call them back.

Raj.

lifeislife said:
What did they tell you when you called second time? I am afraid to call second time because from the message it seemed like we have to wait for 60 days before calling again.

Ray S. said:
Visas are available and all security checks have been cleared at this time for your I-485 application.

The I-485 will be pulled from the file room and forwarded to the monthly processing shelf. The file will

than be assigned to an officer for review. A decision or transaction should take place within 60 days.

M. Bueno

How long does it take get a reply. I did send the enqiry last week, but haven't heard any thing. Please let us know..

Thanks
sr

It takes about 2 weeks to get a reply normally...

sr1234 said:
How long does it take get a reply. I did send the enqiry last week, but haven't heard any thing. Please let us know..

Thanks
sr

I-485 Approved

I received mail from USCIS that my I-485 application is approved. I didn't send any inquiry e-mail to CSC.

Detail :

LC : PD June 2002
CSC/EB2
I140/I485 : RD 08/04/05
I140 : AD 01/27/06
FP : 02/14/06
I485 : AD 06/12/06

Good luck to all!

gcblues_2005 said:
I received mail from USCIS that my I-485 application is approved. I didn't send any inquiry e-mail to CSC.

Detail :

CSC/EB2

Good luck to all!

Good deal. Congrats!

Hi,

PD: Sep 2001
I-485 FD: 12-FEB-2005
FP 1RD: 15-Apr-2005
LUD: 28-Apr-2005

No update after this. I sent a mail to dhs and got a auto-reply stating "No public enquiry entertained and I need to call NSC to send a request for Case check". How do I send mail to CSC asking for status? Please help.

Thanks
jacs.

gcblues_2005 said:

Detail :

CSC/EB2

Good luck to all!

Congrats, gcblues.

Name Check / PD Date

Hello,

Based on visa bulletin released yesterday, my PD date will become current next month (July) - (EB1, my PD is Aug 1, 2005). I have a couple of questions:

1. Does that mean I should expect an approval within 60 days from July 1?
2. My security check is cleared, but my spouse's has not. Will our cases be processed seperately, or both cases will not be processed until the security checks are cleared on both?

Thanks a lot!

Just receive email that my card was ordered.
My and may daughter finished FP so both card was ordered.
My family is in India and when they will come and finish FP scheduled on June 27 will also get GC,
Thanks a lot this journey is Over

Last edited by a moderator:
FingerPrint Biometrics Code 3

Fellow GC seekers,

Today I got FingerPrint (Biometrics Code 3) notices thru snail mail for me and my wife. It's schedule on 16th of this month. I send my passport for renewal, it will take another few days to get that passport. I got a question. Do I need to reschedule my fingerprint appointment or do they accept driver's license as an ID?

One more thing, Can I presume my name check is done? :confused:

This is second finger print notice. My first one was done Feb, 2005. I am stuck with Name check since then. :(

You don't need Passport. I took my DL and EAD and got my FP done.

GreenCardBlues said:
Fellow GC seekers,

Today I got FingerPrint (Biometrics Code 3) notices thru snail mail for me and my wife. It's schedule on 16th of this month. I send my passport for renewal, it will take another few days to get that passport. I got a question. Do I need to reschedule my fingerprint appointment or do they accept driver's license as an ID?

One more thing, Can I presume my name check is done? :confused:

This is second finger print notice. My first one was done Feb, 2005. I am stuck with Name check since then. :(

Got approval email notices

Hi Everyone,

With Gods blessings my journey is complete also

Just got 6 emails from the USCIS that my I-485 has been approved and the card has been ordered!!!

Thanks to all of you especially gp111 ...

I wish each one of you all the best and hope that the retrogression will end and all be GC holders soon.