CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

FunDesiDude said:
Congratulations! You will get your approval by this Friday June 9 or Saturday June 10, 2006.

I too had received the same message and got approvals within two days of recieving the message!

Enjoy your freedom!

Cheers,

-FDD:):):)
Keep an eye on your mailbox, one of the most amazing emails you ever receive will be with you shortly....

Hope Bruno was not doing joke

Just curious will FBI Name check starts before finger printing is done ?

Or in sn2004 was asked to take his second Bio metrics ?

I wish they start doing at same speed for everybody.

sr1234 said:
Please let us know the format what you have sent this enquiry.

Secodly, please let me know the processing center where your application is processing.

Processing center must be CSC (I dont know for sure if they transferred to Texas, but given that I got a reply from CSC, I'm asuming they didnt).

Here is the format I used for the inquiry

=====================================
Dear Sir/Madam

I’d greatly appreciate if you can let me know the status of my I-485 application.

Here are the details

I-485 A#:
I-485 Receipt Number:
Name:
I-485 Receipt Notice Date:
Employer Name:
Employer Address:

mnhrdc said:
Hope Bruno was not doing joke

Just curious will FBI Name check starts before finger printing is done ?

Or in sn2004 was asked to take his second Bio metrics ?

I wish they start doing at same speed for everybody.

I did my biometrics for the first time in the last week of May 2006. I received FP notice only in May 2006 even though I filed for 485 in August 2005 - dont ask me why it so long!
As far as I can understand from other posts, FBI name check is independent of finger printing. They are two separate processes.

sn2004 said:
Processing center must be CSC (I dont know for sure if they transferred to Texas, but given that I got a reply from CSC, I'm asuming they didnt).

Here is the format I used for the inquiry

Dear Sir/Madam

I’d greatly appreciate if you can let me know the status of my I-485 application.

Here are the details

I-485 A#:
I-485 Receipt Number:
Name:
I-485 Receipt Notice Date:
Employer Name:
Employer Address:

Thanks Sn. My application filed in last week of JUL-2005 and got a finger print notice in second week of May-2006. I'll send an enquiry and keep you'll posted.

matt30

when will be your interview?
sigh...I haven't got any interview notice till now...2 months passed.
Please come back and share with us your experience with the interview.
Good Luck!!

matt30 said:
I have no idea why's my case got transferred to local office for an interview.
Here are documents that they asked me:

Original Birth Cert.
Recent employment letter.
Passport
Original master dregree cert.
Tax return from my employer and myself.

Bring all the documents that you could to the interview. I heard that they may ask for different of docs depending on different cases. Bring them all, but don't volunteer to show them. Just show them what they ask for.

When is your interview taking place? Do yo know your FBI check has been cleared?

Good luck

I had interview yesterday. Please check out my earlier post in this thread for details.

My interview went ok but I am stuck at background check and they said they will review my application again once they the the background check's result from the FBI.

Are you married and applying greencard for your spouse also? this maybe the reason for your interview. What is your PD? do yo know that your FBI check has been cleared?

Good luck

LAzzbear said:
when will be your interview?
sigh...I haven't got any interview notice till now...2 months passed.
Please come back and share with us your experience with the interview.
Good Luck!!

Thanks for sharing. How's the interview going on? What did they ask?
Yeah...I am on the the same boat, married and applying GC for spouse.
My PD is June 2002....I scheduled an infopass before in LA local office, and was told that my name check had been cleared. And now my case is staying with tones of family immigration applications in LA office...stuck. :(

matt30 said:
I had interview yesterday. Please check out my earlier post in this thread for details.

My interview went ok but I am stuck at background check and they said they will review my application again once they the the background check's result from the FBI.

Are you married and applying greencard for your spouse also? this maybe the reason for your interview. What is your PD? do yo know that your FBI check has been cleared?

Good luck

Primary's is approved but not spouse's

I just got 5 emails saying my 485 has been approved and an approval notice was mailed. (Finally :D)

However, the spouse's is still pending with no message change and the LUD is updated to my approval date.

Is it normal? Should/can I make an inquiry?

EB2 Worldwide
CSC (xfered to TSC)
ND 12/2005

Congrats yoyo_godmom.... when you say EB2 Worldwide, does it mean you are not from retrogressed countries, correct? Pardon my ignorance... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Dvyas do you think TSC is faster than CSC.
I haven't seen any approval cases remain in CSC. Transfer cases are lucky.

qwerty1111 said:
whats the plan ? as you must be knowing, millions before us have tried to quicken the FBI namecheck process. And failed.

If we are to attack this, lets not go the congressman, uscis, fbi route again. Folks usually send snail mails, emails, start up a webpage and what not. All useless. Usually nothing happens.

IMO, the only definitive way to get this resolved is through a lawsuit. Sue the bastards. Enough is enough.
Agree. Just need a headcount and make sure we have enough metarial to file. In order to have a strong case, letter responses from CSC and congressman are needed. Did any of you got a 'written' response from congressman that the namecheck is pending?

lifeislife said:
I am stuck in background check/name check. The lawyers, after me pushing hard, have basically said that they cannot do anything because it is FBI - they can contact USCIS and they did, and they got the same response, that nothing can be done by USCIS until name check clears.

I contacted the Congresswoman and she found out from USCIS that my 485 seems to be filed under EB3. I know that is a mistake, because my 140 has been approved under EB2. I asked my lawyers to have it updated, but USCIS came back to them today and said that they cannot update the case till name check clears.

So I am stuck in a pile of highly viscous mud and cannot move much and have to sit and wait.

By the way, I also contacted both my Senators, and one of them replied back saying that she needs my permission in writing to authorize her to inquire about my file. I sent the same to her about 2 weeks back and have not heard from her since.
Did you get a 'written' response from congresswoman/senator or they just informed you about the case over the phone?

tantan said:
Did you get a 'written' response from congresswoman/senator or they just informed you about the case over the phone?

I got a written response from my congresswoman saying she inquired with USCIS and they informed her my case was filed in EB3. No mention of FBI check.

I got an email response from one of my senators that she needs a written letter from me authorizing her to make inqury for me. I have sent that letter and have not heard back from her yet.

Not sure if this helps.

Good news, GC approved

My GC got approved on May 17th while I was in India on vacation, just checked my mails today immediately after reaching home, got cards in mail as well. Had no issues entering US using APD, looks like they can not check your I-485 status on airport. THANK YOU VERY MUCH to all of you for your support and All the best to everybody who are desperately waiting for their GC.

Received FP notice today in mail for me and family on 27th June.
My family left for India on vacation yesterday night not arrived yet in India.

Received 2nd Biometric Notice - (code-2)

After my attorney replied (May 31 2006) a letter to USCIS for the I-140 PD error, today i got a biometric notice (with code-2) scheduled for 06/16/2006. I also sent an email to Bueno about I-485 status on June 7th. So i am assuming the latest biometric notice got triggered due to my attorney letter.

But i already had biometrics done on April 21st 2006. My prev. biometrics got scheduled after i called the 1800 number (never received any formal letter for the biometrics). That time the code was 3 and they did not take my photo during biometrics. Now in the latest biometrics notice i got code-2.

Do you guys have any idea about why i got scheduled for biometrics again ??.. I am hoping USCIS corercted the PD in my I-140 approval notice and getting ready for the approval. :). Assuming this is the case, do you know how long does it take to get I-485 approval after the biometrics are taken ?.

Sub Labor PD: 8/21/2002
I-140 : RD 09/22/2005, AD 03/01/2006
I-485: RD 09/22/2005, AD ???
04/20/2006: Called 1 800 number and got biometrics appointment over the phone and biometrics were done on 04/21/2006 (code-3)
05/22/2006: Bueno replied on May 22nd 2006 that my name check and FP checks were cleared but my PD is not current. Then i realized that my I-140 approval notice PD shows as 09/22/2005. My actual labor PD is 08/21/2002.
05/31/2006 : lawyer sent a letter with supporting documents to USCIS for correcting PD on I-140 approval notice.
06/07/2006: i sent an email to Bueno about enquiring I-485 status.
06/12/2006. Received biometrics notice scheduled for 06/16/2006

Last edited by a moderator:
lifey, how long did congressman take to reply ?

How long was (date of congressman letter - date you contacted congressman ) ? did u have to prod him a second time ?

I am sinking in darkness over here.

lifeislife said:
I got a written response from my congresswoman saying she inquired with USCIS and they informed her my case was filed in EB3. No mention of FBI check.

I got an email response from one of my senators that she needs a written letter from me authorizing her to make inqury for me. I have sent that letter and have not heard back from her yet.

Not sure if this helps.

qwerty1111 said:
lifey, how long did congressman take to reply ?

How long was (date of congressman letter - date you contacted congressman ) ? did u have to prod him a second time ?

I am sinking in darkness over here.

The initial response from the Congresswoman came in about 2 weeks from the time I entered the question on her website (email through web form). I was not expecting any responses but I wanted to get a quicker way of writing to her than to type a letter, print it and send it to her via snail mail.

In any case, the response opened a new confusion in my application with Eb3/Eb2 issue. After that I talked to my lawyers and they sent a change request to USCIS which replied back to them saying they cannot do anything till background check is cleared!!

I responded back to the Congresswoman with this update and it has been about 2 weeks since that email and nothing from her yet.

The Senator responded via email in about 3 weeks and after I sent her a written permission to inquire on my behalf, I have not heard from her for about 2 weeks now.

I may be off on the timelines by a few days +/- but in general, they are good for estimates.