CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

HopeAlive said:
I just got a status e-mail. It says the following :)):

On April 27, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

My spouse's case is not updated yet - I don't know if dependent cases get updated or not. Any thoughts?

My spouse's case was updated later in the day. Here's the text:

"On April 27, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed."

Should I be worried?

Called CSC

rajrw said:
1 800 375 5283

Hi Guys,

I called CSC and the person on the line said that he is sending an inquiry about my case and that I should hear back from them within one month by postal mail.
If I don't hear back from them then I should call them back.

Has something like this happened to anyone else? How long before they respond?
Any idea?

Thanks.

gp111 said:
You will get CSC reply by a snail mail at home.

Thank you. But I sent an email inquiry to CSCXII.485, didn't all you guys get an direct email reply instead of a snail mail from this kind of email inquiry?

DuoDuoIsAngel said:
Thank you. But I sent an email inquiry to CSCXII.485, didn't all you guys get an direct email reply instead of a snail mail from this kind of email inquiry?

Most of the times they respond it by email, but sometimes they consider your email inquiry as official one & send response by snail mail.

sksave said:
Hi Guys,

I called CSC and the person on the line said that he is sending an inquiry about my case and that I should hear back from them within one month by postal mail.
If I don't hear back from them then I should call them back.

Has something like this happened to anyone else? How long before they respond?
Any idea?

Thanks.

If you call service center & request official case status inquiry, you will get response by snail mail within 30 days

gunmaster said:
My I-485 Receipt Date became current recently and I am leaving
for India next month I need clarification on following.

If there is any RFE or interview call for my AOS application where it will be sent, to my company (attorney) or to me directly?
What happens if I am not in US at the time of Interview call is sent? Can I postpone it, if yes them for how long? Do I need to be here in person to
postpone it?
What happens if my GC is approved while I am in India? Will it create any issues while entering USA for me or my family?
I'll appreciate your quick reply.

Regards
Gunmaster
Guys, any help? Did anyone had similar experience?

gunmaster said:
Guys, any help? Did anyone had similar experience?

If they will send RFE / FP / Biometrics / Interview Call your attorney will also get it (RFEs only sent to lawyers). Yes, its possible to delay FP/Biometrics/Interview but not possible to delay RFE response. So give your attorney your India Number / Email so that he can contact you if required.

If you are in India while GC is approved you are fine. Its not a problem & havn't seen anyone had any issues due to that

HopeAlive said:
I just got a status e-mail. It says the following :)):

On April 27, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

My spouse's case is not updated yet - I don't know if dependent cases get updated or not. Any thoughts?

Dude - make merry - you should get the approval notice and cards within a week or 2 max.

Status Check

A friend of mine told me that I can find the status of my case in detail, i.e name/background check, from the local office. So I went there and after few minutes the lady said the case is at california center and that they dont have visibility over the case.

It might be only me who thought the local office might have some info, anyway wanted to share the info.

Guys,

Myself, mnhrdc, global_goonda and fun_desi_dude met yesterday at Chillies in Santa Clara. It was a great experience sharing the joys and sorrows we have shared on the forum in addition to exchanging some invaluable information over some chilled beer! I think it was an evening very well spent and it was a pleasure meeting guys in the same boat. Only we know what we have gone (are going) through!

I'd suggest we all do this once maybe every quarter, if not more frequently. Some of the guys we'd definitely like to meet would be GP111 (no brainer, this one!), biker, qwerty1111, the latter 2 for their sense of humor which has kept us in splits during tough times - needless to add, everybody is welcome.

Cheers all.

When can I file I-485???

Hi guys,

My I-140 got approved 2 weeks back.
My case is CA-EB2 and my PD is 02/15/2003, If my PD is current in next month's VB (June VB), when can I file my I-485?
I mean I have wait until June 1st or I can file immediately after VB because June VB will be released second week of May.

Thanks,
TV :confused:

Telugu Veerudu said:
Hi guys,

My I-140 got approved 2 weeks back.
My case is CA-EB2 and my PD is 02/15/2003, If my PD is current in next month's VB (June VB), when can I file my I-485?
I mean I have wait until June 1st or I can file immediately after VB because June VB will be released second week of May.

Thanks,
TV :confused:

no, if your PD becomes current in June Visa bulletin you can only file I-485 on June 1st

YES! We had a great time together and it will certainly be a lot of fun to hookup with more. Looking forward to meeting more of the posters here.

nother1inline said:
Guys,

Myself, mnhrdc, global_goonda and fun_desi_dude met yesterday at Chillies in Santa Clara. It was a great experience sharing the joys and sorrows we have shared on the forum in addition to exchanging some invaluable information over some chilled beer! I think it was an evening very well spent and it was a pleasure meeting guys in the same boat. Only we know what we have gone (are going) through!

I'd suggest we all do this once maybe every quarter, if not more frequently. Some of the guys we'd definitely like to meet would be GP111 (no brainer, this one!), biker, qwerty1111, the latter 2 for their sense of humor which has kept us in splits during tough times - needless to add, everybody is welcome.

Cheers all.

Yeh! Yeh! I second that.......

It was an evening well spent! We had a great time!!!!! Food, Drinks and a lot of Fun!

Lets plan out another get-2-gether soon, and more of our friends can join! And If I get my green card approved in the next 15 days (I pray it does) I will throw a party and everyone on this forum will be invited! It will be open to all:):) I mean it...

So friends cheer up and I sincerely wish each and everyone of us gets through this pain quickly and painlessly!!!

Cheers,

FunDesiDude

nother1inline said:
Guys,

Cheers all.

gp111 said:
If they will send RFE / FP / Biometrics / Interview Call your attorney will also get it (RFEs only sent to lawyers). Yes, its possible to delay FP/Biometrics/Interview but not possible to delay RFE response. So give your attorney your India Number / Email so that he can contact you if required.

If you are in India while GC is approved you are fine. Its not a problem & havn't seen anyone had any issues due to that
Thank you very much gp111 for quick response. This forum really rocks.

You mean I still have friends left :) ?

Well, I am now officially stuck in name check. Due to bimodal distribution of name check wait times ( <6 months or > 2yrs) , I'm in for a long long wait. Congrats to all the Permanent Residents and congrats in advance to all the about to be be Permanent Residents.

When you get those coveted emails and the cards, please say a prayer or two for an unfortunate fellow desi. Only your prayers can now save me.

nother1inline said:
Guys,

Cheers all.

gunmaster said:
Thank you very much gp111 for quick response. This forum really rocks.

I do think you should be worried, unless you have an approved Advance Parole.

Without which, if you're abroad while your GC is approved, it would be a problem for you to re-enter with an unexpired H1 visa (which you might have), since you're no longer in non-immigrant status after your H1 expires.

Also, I'm not sure how the Port of Entry officer will interpret if you present him with a GC that was approved/issued after you departed from the U.S., and you did not have the AP that authorized you to travel while your 485 was pending.

dabuk said:
re-enter with an unexpired H1 visa (which you might have), since you're no longer in non-immigrant status after your H1 expires.
I meant you can no longer be admitted as a non-immigrant since your GC would have been approved.

dabuk said:
I do think you should be worried, unless you have an approved Advance Parole.

Without which, if you're abroad while your GC is approved, it would be a problem for you to re-enter with an unexpired H1 visa (which you might have), since you're no longer in non-immigrant status after your H1 expires.

Also, I'm not sure how the Port of Entry officer will interpret if you present him with a GC that was approved/issued after you departed from the U.S., and you did not have the AP that authorized you to travel while your 485 was pending.

One do not need AP to travel if he/she continues his/her H1/H4/L1/L2 while I-485 is pending. If you have H1 & traveling outside, when you enter they will check your status & let you know that you are an immigrant now. "WELCOME TO AMERICA".. It has happened to many cases & non of them had any trouble coming back.

gp111 said:
One do not need AP to travel if he/she continues his/her H1/H4/L1/L2 while I-485 is pending. If you have H1 & traveling outside, when you enter they will check your status & let you know that you are an immigrant now. "WELCOME TO AMERICA".. It has happened to many cases & non of them had any trouble coming back.

I'm sure that legally there is an issue. Whether they have an issue at the POE or not depends on the immigration officer at the desk, since you can no longer be admitted as a non-immigrant (so your H1 is useless), and without AP/GC in person, they can deny you admission.

My point is why take risk, when you can avoid it? Apply for AP, get AP, travel.

"Given the unpredictability of processing times, it is possible for the I-485 to be approved while one is traveling abroad. Therefore, although H-1/H-4 and L-1/L-2 holders can travel without advance parole, it is best not to do so. This is particularly true for individuals who do not have valid visas in their passports. If the I-485 is approved while an individual is abroad, s/he is no longer eligible for nonimmigrant (temporary) status. The best situation is for the individual to have advance parole, which makes travel possible, and to explain the fact of approval at the Port of Entry. The worst situation is if an individual does not have advance parole and plans to obtain an H or L visa at the consulate for reentry. If the I-485 is approved while this person is abroad, s/he is not eligible for the H or L visa at the consulate. Without other documentation permitting travel, one would not be allowed to board the plane without a travel document or valid visa stamp in the passport."

http://www.immigrationportal.com/archive/index.php/t-203925.html