CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

cider said:
WOM for me
What are the trade offs of filing a lawsuit? Can they get back at you by revoking the 140? How much does it cost? What are the requirements? What is the success rate?

What I heard is that it's better to sue FBI rather than USCIS which
might get "mad" and issue RFE's on your cases...

What is the basis for lawsuit? Both the organizations can say that they are just following procedures. Techinically which is probably true.

I think our frustration is that nobody is providing info as to why stuck etc....
Also they are not giving us a chance to provide info to clear the NC.
Also no idea how much more wait and uncertainty.

Just a view and trying to play DA.

I kind of agree that the ball is in fbi's court nothing much that uscis can do until then.

sksave said:
What is the basis for lawsuit? Both the organizations can say that they are just following procedures. Techinically which is probably true...
The fact that they don't proccess our files on a timely fashion.

sksave said:
What is the basis for lawsuit? Both the organizations can say that they are just following procedures. Techinically which is probably true.

I think our frustration is that nobody is providing info as to why stuck etc....
Also they are not giving us a chance to provide info to clear the NC.
Also no idea how much more wait and uncertainty.

Just a view and trying to play DA.

I kind of agree that the ball is in fbi's court nothing much that uscis can do until then.

Agree with sksave's comment

I recieved the confirmation from FBI Representatives letter addressed to Senator clearly stating that matter (name caheck) is sensitive in nature and in some cases it may take several years. Having said so by them if senator can't persue to pressurise who else can do. I also know of some case where it took more than 24 months to get name check cleared.

regarding filing suits i have read in blogs they file against Dept of justice and only if he is allready a GC holder's and if they are stuck in Name check when they apply for Citizen. But i havent heard much from Labour Holders :)

mnhrdc said:
Agree with sksave's comment

I recieved the confirmation from FBI Representatives letter addressed to Senator clearly stating that matter (name caheck) is sensitive in nature and in some cases it may take several years. Having said so by them if senator can't persue to pressurise who else can do. I also know of some case where it took more than 24 months to get name check cleared.

regarding filing suits i have read in blogs they file against Dept of justice and only if he is allready a GC holder's and if they are stuck in Name check when they apply for Citizen. But i havent heard much from Labour Holders :)
- Senator and congress representative can only send inquiries. Only USCIS can ask FBI to expedite the namecheck proccess.

- If the federal government agency doesn't do a client's job in a timely fashion, the court can order the agency to do so (if a lawsuit is filed). There will be a hearing and both plaintiff and defandant will bring their arguments.

- That of course doesn't mean the greencard will be approved or even the namecheck will be processed faster. It's a just a way - like asking senator to send an iquiry - to poke USCIS.

- FBI acts as a client for USCIS (customer). FBI charges USCIS for every namecheck application it recieves. Guess who is paying for this? us! through our application fees. Just a reminder that over 40% of the USCIS

- And by the way, taking 24 months to make sure an individual has a "clear" background while according to FBI 98% of the applications are cleared within two weeks, is absurd. What is there in our background that takes 24 months?!

tantan said:
- FBI acts as a client for USCIS (customer). FBI charges USCIS for every namecheck application it recieves. Guess who is paying for this? us! through our application fees. Just a reminder that over 40% of the USCIS

May I ask what you're going to say with "40% of USCIS" here ?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is LUD

I have information on all acronyms but LUD.

PD: Feb2002
RD: Mar2003
Labor Approval: 05/12/2005
140/485 filed concurrently: 05/24/2005 (Category EB2, California Processing Center)
140 Approval: October 14th 2005
Finger Printing Notice: 12/13/2005
Wife 485: 10/10/2006

fdfd said:
May I ask what you're going to say with "40% of USCIS" here ?
I am sorry. I didn't intend to put that sentense in there due to lack of legitimate source. Forgot to delete it though.

I meant that a sizable portion of the USCIS revenue comes from the application fees not from the federal government. (http://search.fema.gov/search?q=USC...UTF-8&client=dhs&proxystylesheet=dhs&site=dhs)

It pisses me off that I am being charged and am not getting any service in return.

LUD on approved I140

Hello All,
I had an LUD on my approved I140. No LUDs on 485s. Nothing special...;-(....Posting this message to keep the board active ;-).
thanks,
Sri

mee too

Sri_know said:
Hello All,
I had an LUD on my approved I140. No LUDs on 485s. Nothing special...;-(....Posting this message to keep the board active ;-).
thanks,
Sri
I got LUD on my approved I140 too.
Is there any one else?

Sri, Can you please post your detail

Same as yours

sodo said:
I got LUD on my approved I140 too.
Is there any one else?

Sri, Can you please post your detail

It is same as yours..except that my 140 AD is May29th.

thanks,
Sri

Same as yours

Sri_know said:
It is same as yours..except that my 140 AD is May29th.

thanks,
Sri
Hello Sodo,
My LUDs on I=485 are same as yours....By any chance, do you know if your name check is complete or not. I don't know about my name check status.
thanks,
Sri

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got LUD on my approved 140

I got LUD on my approved I140 too. which is June 22,2006

my PD is March,2004, and my ND is OCT,01,2005

Nothing Special then...

Hans said:
I have an LUD on my !-140 too. The LUD is dated 10/22/2006 which is a Sunday. :)

I see from history of postings that Gail_2006 is long due of his approval after his PD became current. So, nothing +ve to conclude about these LUDs...;-(.....If he gets his approval by end of this week, we can see something +ve out of it.

thanks,
Sri

Same here

LUD on I140 10/22 - (AD 5/31/06).
I485 - ND Jan 3, 06
CA->TX transfer at well known to everybody time...

I-140 10/22 LUD for me as well.
I also got a response from USCIS on my case status request. (I called National Customer Service phone number).
Response came from CSC (why from CSC???) and it says something like "the case was transfered to TSC and currently pending. we have no idea what's going on with your case. Please contact TSC using USCIS National Customer Service phone number)."

So how will you name them now?!

Even more interesting is that now I cannot make another request until 61 days will pass since the previous one.

how long will Labor Certificate be Valid

today I get a mail says my New Company's RIR just been approved from Backlog center. does anybody know, how long I can keep the Labor Certificate valid
right now, I am in waiting for I-485,and my I-140 has been approved, and I am in AC-21 mode. I don't want to start another I140/I485 Case.
bad DOL and USCIS, I just need I485 approved,not RIR.

please comments