Crushing Immigration Hidden Desi!

tunna- please give some constructive advice as I did not get any from your post..

I agree with the general tone of this thread about the seriousness that needs to be shown with regards to elimination of backlog. We all are educated professionals who need not be ashamed about a genuine problem that needs to be rectified.

organize meeting

I agree that we need to get together regarding that matter of labor, our ssn money and other issues.

There is one idea in my mind, may be right or does not make sense:
If we make a group and organize few meetings in big cities where people can come and meet.
We need few law companies with us also who must support our idea. (Mostly law companies takes paper/money and file labor, you call them same ans “Did no hear anything from DOL")
Let make a list which big cities are near to us where we can organize meeting.

sorry man...

thats the best i can do right now...after spending so much time and effort not to mention $ on the 485 thing (lawsuit) i have run out of steam.. and where is that going....i dont think anywhere...it might take another 10-15 years before anything concrete happens...at that moment i wont care a damn what happens...just give me my social security money back when i go back to india...
also i think these people from ins or whatever they call themselves are like babus in the indian system...we see them in india when we apply for driver licence or ration card or any other government document. a few months ago when i went to india and applied for something like that it was much faster and cleaner then before...about the babus here...i dont know man..(i guess it makes sense in a way...how can u be motivated if you are making a bit more then minimum wage..they try their level best) . anyway i am not hopeful...i think there is more hope in india that the system will improve then here...after talking to my chinese friends even they have a version of "babus" in their country..hahahha...all u can do is laugh at the similarities...and have fun...any comments??

jadeja99 said:
tunna- please give some constructive advice as I did not get any from your post..

I agree with the general tone of this thread about the seriousness that needs to be shown with regards to elimination of backlog. We all are educated professionals who need not be ashamed about a genuine problem that needs to be rectified.

yep

tunnatunna said:
thats the best i can do right now...after spending so much time and effort not to mention $ on the 485 thing (lawsuit) i have run out of steam.. and where is that going....i dont think anywhere...it might take another 10-15 years before anything concrete happens...at that moment i wont care a damn what happens...just give me my social security money back when i go back to india...
also i think these people from ins or whatever they call themselves are like babus in the indian system...we see them in india when we apply for driver licence or ration card or any other government document. a few months ago when i went to india and applied for something like that it was much faster and cleaner then before...about the babus here...i dont know man..(i guess it makes sense in a way...how can u be motivated if you are making a bit more then minimum wage..they try their level best) . anyway i am not hopeful...i think there is more hope in india that the system will improve then here...after talking to my chinese friends even they have a version of "babus" in their country..hahahha...all u can do is laugh at the similarities...and have fun...any comments??

i agri with all this. desis and also other immigrants have no guts in taking interest in fixing these issues, so lets just forget and continue to vegetate here, notin will change

no...

No, I think we should consult some lawyer and ask his advice that if we should be filing a lawsuit and if it could trigger some improvement. I would say there's no harm in atleast getting the information and exploring any possibilites of improvement that may not otherwise trigger. Please let me know if any one of you have already consulted any lawyers regarding this. If so, then what did they say?

Thanks.

test_test said:
i agri with all this. desis and also other immigrants have no guts in taking interest in fixing these issues, so lets just forget and continue to vegetate here, notin will change

AM4GC said:
There is already a case files against BCIS regarding delay in 485. Case going on for last 2 yrs or so. Quite a progress in that case till October 2004. After that Judge is not saying anything.. Nor Rajib Khanna commenting anything on the decision delay of that case.

In Our Litigation, Court Finds Govts' Language Inappropriate
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1041445#post1041445

Last thing I knew about the pending petition against BCIS regarding delay in 485 is that there was another public interest petition filed that asked the judge to look into the original petition. I dint follow it after that.
My guess was that there would be another third petition that will have to be filed to ask the judge to look into the second petition that in turns is asking the judge to look into the first petition.
This needs to go on endlessly until someone looks into the petition.

Remember what Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins) did in "The Shawshank Redemption" to get new books for the Prison Library. After some thousand odd letters his petition was granted.
We really have no other option, but should be prepared for the long haul with the petition.

not many people have commented on anything people have posted earlier in this topic, but the number of views are going up daily. just goes to show how much interest/guts/daring etc etc our immigrant brethren have to even talk about this issue. so advise to people who want to genuinely do sometime...just chill out...have cold one :) :cool: and forget about everything..things related to immigration not gonna change/improve for a long time.. :D
over & out

this is just what i think.
i think what ever happens, happens for good. we just need to have little more paticens. our case will be approved. insha allah. and perm cases are been check my computer it might be complicated.

other than that, it also depends what is going on with one.

Desi786.

I dont think people will contribute just like that. Why would I give some money and wait untill there is enough money for the cause..what if there is never enough money??

I would suggest setup a website/forum somewhere. Ask people to register there only if they are interested in this thing. We see how many people actually are intrested..and then we ask all of them to keep checking back. When we are ready with the lawyers and things then we ask for the contributions. Hopefully everyone who has registered there would contribute once a plan is ready for action.

The 485 lawsuit I think this was decided out of court and one cant disclose the deal details.
According to DOL stats 2 weeks ago from murthy's web site..there are 150 K cases to be data entried yet and then adjudicate.....
Guys are waiting from 2001.....what a way to kill your youth waiting for the GC.....
You can wait for your GC, but time my friend does not wait on you

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my take - facts

Hello Folks,

Whatever you discussed here is 1000% correct. Let me add few more known facts.

Fact1: GC - Is not meant to work with future employer, rather to leave the present (future) employer in the future

Fact2: Person with GC can fight the GC idiocracy stronger than non-GC guy. But, after the GC you won't have time to think back.

Fact3: USCIS income depends on your renewals (EAD, AP, etc). So the more delay your case, the more money they get. US claims that they are very Sophisticated country (No.1 in the world) with modern technologies, so why delay in the cases, shame :)

For me, to get rid all these problems. GC concept should be changed from employer based GC to self sponsered GC, may be with few restrictions like continuous stay in us for more than 3 years or so. That will kick the corporate and filthy desi companies ass like any thing.

I know there are so many things to say about the GC, but this is enough for now.

So, somebody is volunteering for this revolution, I belive majority of the desi's (especially suffered) join and be successfull.

Best of luck to our community... :)