Crushing Immigration Hidden Desi!

bluelabor

Registered Users (C)
There are many phases immigration process is traversing through.Time and again manifesting the idiocracy at its best with new policies authored under pretentious intentions of improving it and eradicating illegal immigration. And time and again it has proved to be more expensive, resource-consuming, and totally diverted from serving the actual purpose. Not to mention the enormous unfairness it causes to the non-immigrant community who forebear everything played out at it with deliberate silence and bitterness.

Cyber coolies of Indian diaspora living in the united states seem to have learnt the tactics of awaiting the American Dream to come true in the form of a Green Card by 'laying low' their intellectual and technical expertise(and someone forbid,eventually have the expertise vamoose!!).

Some do job-hopping among indian consulting companies (Slave Traders of their own country men, generally owned by some dickhead who was lucky to get a Green Card in the past). Not to mention their degrading negotiations of hourly rates for these professionals.They have played this prostitution business of brains to such a deteriorated level that any typical American IS manager can easily climb up the career ladder with a bravo pat on his back from the CEO of the company for getting "Raj,an indian guy, an enterprise systems' architect at a knock-out price from one of those indian consulting companies!!!"

When per capita income among indians in america is highest compared to any other ethnic group in the country (who knows! some research claims!!), and they seem to pose a threat to the 'white' collared positions of the corporate world, it is indeed in the best interests of the government to show stepmother treatment to the non-immigrant community turning into immigrant community.

I do not have any problem if a country is protecting jobs for its own citizens. Immigration is a privilege and not a right. I totally concur and await my american dream to come true in its own time. But I have problem with the immigration policies imposing unfair rules and regulations over the community that is legally and painstakingly seeking US immigration. Illegal immigration problem lies in the manual labor class of people jumping over the fence or crawling thru under it. I am yet to see some srinivas or raj with H1B who dared to break any type of immigration law consciously.It seldom happens. Corporate America needs manual labor. Strikingly and ironically that is where illegal immigration lies.Stopping a dependent (H4 visa) from getting a driver's license is not going to solve terrorist problems. Terrorists dont have families. Let alone asking his wife to take driving test and get the license so that he can blow up buildings collectively as a family. Talk about family values! Neither do terrorists give rat's ass about informing INS the 'address change' everytime they relocate.

Introducing PERM with 300,000 old labor certification applications already piled up in the lap is a catostrophe. Address the issue at hand first, then seek improvements later. Simple logic went unfathomed by DOL. Introduce more centres at state level. Break down the work if you have more work to handle. Rather they amalgamated all into one messy BRC queue. RIR vs NON-RIR doesnt mean anything anymore. They all crawl at the same pace in FIFO.

In the light of EB2/EB3 discussions, RIR vs NON-RIR categories, PERM and BRC queue chaos, Priority dates and H1 visa extensions beyond 7th year , 8th year(upto infinity.,) etc.,. My take on this would be, TO WAIT and see where it leads. Expecting the worse but hoping for the best.

I am not a liar, seek a professional one before taking any action :)

can we do anything about this at all?
maybe by ourselves we cant, but even if 10,000 of the 300,000 cases in the backlog unite, hire a lawyer and sue the DOL, maybe we can just get somewhere?

if each of the 10,000 cases could shell out $100 each, we have $1,000,000. Should be enough to fight a case?

Only hope for Social Sceurity

As you all know the Social Sceurity Framework is about to collapse, the only hope for them is H1B worker who would deligently pay the Social Security cuts and are will not be able to get back the benefits as they are allowed to reman only for 6 years.

Facts

****FACTS****
::US laws and Government listens only to Corporation's interests. They would mend any law for their capitalist interests.

WHAT YOU ARE: Slave worker of modern world. America has traditionally used slaves in one form or other for the capitalistc gains. The slavery in some way exists today in form of H1Bs.

What you are NOT: You are not a organised labor class. If you would have been a unionised labor class , you could have brought down into knees the powerfull corporates by one call and get your genuine needs met. Just imagine the thought of all H1B workers going into leave for a month (paid / unpaid does not matter). Can u imagine the corporate IT working without the H1B slaves ?

What you need to do : ? I don't know ...you make the judgement. .I just presented the facts.

The FIRST step,

please set up a website dedicated to the lawsuit. And people will all visit that website and donate money.

we need a leader

to start this process.

Any volunteers?

As for the 10000 H1bs number - I am sure we are FAR more than that estimate.

Sure we can set up a website for it.

Any ideas on the name of the website.

mudra1234 said:
to start this process.

Any volunteers?

As for the 10000 H1bs number - I am sure we are FAR more than that estimate.

some ideas.

how about www.FightUnjustLabor.com
www.NoMoreExploitation.com

More than the site, I believe where we will run into issues is where does one make contributions..

I wonder if we contact Rajiv Khanna, whether he can set up an account where our contributions would go. Basically who would arbiter that process? That remains the most important question.

Apart from that, we need to probably ask him for some time to see if all this is possible.

Atleast setting up the site, having a formal letter , collecting signatures, and then mailing them to every democrat/republican senator, lawyer, etc. can be started.

So to summarise, we need to
1. set up the website.
2. write a formal letter (a lawyer can help)?
3. collect signatures. (we need over 50,000 to have a really solid case).
4. collect addresses where they can be mailed.
5. link the site to immigration.com, other immigration site.

http://www.dol.gov/ doesn’t complement the mode of work they do…

http://www.dol.gov/ doesn’t complement the mode of work they do…

Some of the finest website names for DOL…

"asinine, bottom-dwelling, numb-skulled, low-life, slimy, sickening, gutless, spineless, ignorant, pot-licking, cowardly pathetic little weasel."

Unfair Practices by DOL

I am ready to volunteer for this cause. Why dont we request the moderator of immigrationportal to send us the email addresses of all the forum members. We can send out an email detailing what we propose to do and may be we can file a class action law suit against DOL. Once we get a sizable number of replies, we can approach Rajiv Khanna for legal advice. We can may be setup an escrow account to which everybody can send their contributions. I dont think handing a petition to a local senator is going to help us. I think the only course of action is challenging DOL to change its processes, legally. What we are asking is pretty simple, process the applications filed since 1/2003 before processing the new ones. Even though we may not go to a trial stage, we can atleast attract the attention of the bigwigs at DOL and they might give it a thought. We have a right to vent our anger at whats being meted out to us. We are hardworking taxpayers helping American economy deserving a bit more respect.

Let me know if anybody else can volunteer and we can work on what our next steps should be. Please spread this out to everybody else. We can and we should make it HAPPEN.

Volunteer

I think it is worth trying every possible option, leave no stone unturned. I am ready to volunteer. Let me know how I can help. I will also discuss this with my attorney and see if he is willing to help, if it is ok with you. He is really good and proactive.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Loosing my mind - sharing some of my thoughts
folks, looks like DOL/UCIS has made a joke out of the whole labor process. They knew all of last year that the BEC's were going to be started, so they stopped working on all the cases which were already heavily backlogged. This is even worse the those Indian govt. offices ( folks from India know what i am talking about ). the people at DOL/UCIS don't understand the kind of pain and suffering we are going through. Are we really in America ???? Looks like the country is just going backward instead of forward. Every day goes by and I am getting convinced more and more that I should be seriously considering immigrating in something country that really welcome immigrants.

Looks like these people (American Citizens) have forgotten that this country was built on immigrants and its success lies only if it continues to welcome immigrants. The way this whole system is working right now is just unbearable. To top it, there is nothing one can do about. I know people are talking about sueing the UCIS/DOL etc., but let me tell u guys that will not go anywhere. Even if someone was ready to listen to our complaints, the politicians will just do what they are best at doing and will make it even worse. I am not saying that we shouldn't try that avenue, but lets not have too much hope on it.

At this stage i don't think even GOD ( LORD as the americans say) can do anything for us not sure if any prayers will do any good either.

lalaker

waiting for labor for over 2 yrs now.

PS: I haven't discussed about the EB3 PD retrogressoin yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sent a private message to the person who started the other thread and I think, lead the fund raising drive.I asked him to let me know how they organised the fund raising effort and what stage they are in. Hopefully, if we get some information from him we can soon start our own. Please spread this message out to anybody concerned. More is BETTER.

We need a lot of support for this.

Guys,

I have started a new thread exclusively for this purpose and the reasone being this thread is not in the correct folder and the name of the thread doesn't signify anything related to taking a legal action against DOL. I would request you to please refer to this URL for the new thread. Its named
" Legal Action against DOL".

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=160354

reality check -- nothings gonna change!!

Not sure where that "lawsuit for 485" or "delay in labor complains" or "even whether we get back our social security when we go back to india" and the "retrogression" issues vanished. we are used to bear the suffering and pain. so i dont think anything will change, even though we sincerely hope that things should change. nobody here wants to hear what people like us want to say regarding immigration.
once the dollar comes down to 30 no one will even come to the US anymore. just in the last 2 year NRI's have lost more then 10% of their worth just becoz of the dollars fall. not to mention loss in value of car house etc etc.
my visa will expire in 6 months and no end in site for labor so will have to go back. but frankly speaking i dont regret it, i am looking forward to it.
so my advise to all is just chill out and enjoy the time you are here :D, that way u will feel the immi pain .
but i do hope i get my social security money back. we shud do something about that...good luck to all and hope india continues to prosper.
USCISisMockery said:
Nicely said OP.