Crisis - Please Help!!!!!

PEARLJAM

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum and I have found it be very resourceful for the exchange of information. Hence, I am including a funny situation that I seem to be in and I shall wait for feedback! :)

This is the situation, company X transferred my H1B visa in april-2000 and that was successful. I started working for company X and I still work for company X and I want to continue working for company X as they are really good. However, in aug-2000, when the economy started to go sour and with layoffs taking place all over, I had an H1B visa transfer process take place again through a friend's company Y.....as a precautionary measure. This is after I had already started working for company X. That process was also successful. I never joined company Y, never had company Y's visa stamped in my passport and I have all original papers of both companies with respect to the processes. I don't intend to join company Y ever. I kept working for company X.

Now, my H1B visa with company X (the company I work for and want to keep working for), expires on 30th January 2003. I have company X's visa stamped on my passport also. I am getting paid by them and have all paystubs. They want to apply for my H1B visa extension. But, they have no idea about what I did in 2000 with company Y. What do I do?! How do I approach this? Can anything go wrong? Any kind of help or assistance will be highly appreciated. Company X will also be applying for my I-485 process soon also.

PearlJam

U can have 2 h1s

Two h1s at the same time is not illegal- at least immigration wise. Since you did not join company Y at all, all you need to prove to INS (if you get a RFE) is that you were with company X all the time. Remember H1s are filed by employers.
You are in the clear.

Hi

Thanks a lot for your input. I highly appreciate it.

I guess my paystubs and all other relevant information with respect to company X is all that is needed for company X to file for my H1B extension. I really like company X and I shouldn't have ever tried to transfer to company Y at that time and I didn't want to either....it was just a precautionary measure. Should I tell company X's HR guys about the whole company Y issue at all? I'd have to give company Y's approval notice to them to file for my extension, right?.....I mean....shouldn't all approved H1B notice of actions be provided when filing for a new visa/ extension/ transfer?

So, tell me something.....you said that I was in the clear.....but when company Y had applied for my H1B transfer, did that action not automatically transfer all control to company Y from company X? I mean....what exactly is the H1B transfer process then and why is it called a transfer process?

Once more...just tell me that I am safe and in the clear and that my H1B extension with company X will work out fine and I'll be approved! :)

Thanks