Credit history delinquent account

chepyala

Hi All,

Will a delinquent account remark in the credit history affect the FBI name and security check and then the adjustment adjudication?

My credit history good except that one delinquent account.

Thanks,
RCH

chepyala said:
Hi All,

Will a delinquent account remark in the credit history affect the FBI name and security check and then the adjustment adjudication?

My credit history good except that one delinquent account.

Thanks,
RCH

NOOOOO !!!!

Credit history has nothing to do with your security check. :)

chepyala said:
Hi All,

Absolutely! My friend's GC was recently denied because his credit score was less than 700. He was promptly deported.

armie said:
Absolutely! My friend's GC was recently denied because his credit score was less than 700. He was promptly deported.
You are kidding. OR your friend is lying. Maybe he had some criminal past. Or was out of status for more than 180 days. There is NO RULE, that prevents anyone from adjusting their status because of bad credit history!

I agree with Sriram1975. USCIS may casually do a credit check, but low credit score is nothing to do with deportation or I-485 denial.

sriram1975 said:
You are kidding. OR your friend is lying. Maybe he had some criminal past. Or was out of status for more than 180 days. There is NO RULE, that prevents anyone from adjusting their status because of bad credit history!
jaiganesh said:
I agree with Sriram1975. USCIS may casually do a credit check, but low credit score is nothing to do with deportation or I-485 denial.
Whoa folks .... didn't you detect the sarcasm in armie's posting :D

Fbi Faq

Thanks for you replies, below is one of the FAQ on FBI web site , can it be related to the similar checks ( Top Secret security..) that FBI will be doing in our checks ?

I agree to some extent with the reply of sertra2002 , but I cannot completely rule out this possibility and I doubt the reply of armie
http://www.fbi.gov/clearance/securityclearance.htm

Q: What kind of inquiries will the FBI make into my background?
A: Credit and criminal history checks will be conducted on all applicants. For a Top Secret security clearance, the background investigation includes additional record checks which can verify citizenship for the applicant and family members, verification of birth, education, employment history, and military history. Additionally, interviews will be conducted of persons who know the candidate, and of any spouse divorced within the past ten years. Additional interviews will be conducted, as needed, to resolve any inconsistencies. Residences will be confirmed, neighbors interviewed, and public records queried for information about bankruptcies, divorces, and criminal or civil litigation. The background investigation may be expanded if an applicant has resided abroad, or has a history of mental disorders, or drug or alcohol abuse. A personal interview will be conducted of the candidate.

The background checks that FBI does for a security clearance are an order of magnitude more intense than what they do for an I-485.

One more FAQ found late

Q: If I have a poor credit history, or other issues in my background, will this prevent me from getting a security clearance?

A: A poor credit history, or other issues, will not necessarily disqualify a candidate from receiving a clearance, but resolution of the issues will likely take additional time. If the issues are significant, they may prevent a clearance from being approved.

chepyala said:
Q: If I have a poor credit history, or other issues in my background, will this prevent me from getting a security clearance?

A: A poor credit history, or other issues, will not necessarily disqualify a candidate from receiving a clearance, but resolution of the issues will likely take additional time. If the issues are significant, they may prevent a clearance from being approved.

OK, let me clarify something. First armie is definitly being sarcstic, which means he agress with my view point, so please do not misunderstand what he has posted. HE IS KIDDING ..good one armie !

Secondly, the clearance checks you are referring to are a different kind. They are the kind that are done when you apply for govermnet job, high security job etc. These checks are not to be confused with the checks done during I-485 security clearance. The only purpose of the clearance checks during I-485 stage is to see if the person is a security threat, was arrested or the like. It has noting to do with checking your credit history. If that was the case we would see a lot of rejections due to poor credit history. Remeber security checks are the same for all I-485 applicants. Be it employment based, family based or refugee/asylum cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Delinquent account or poor credit is not a problem.

Hi Chepyala,
I had a Delinquent record on my credit and my Credit score was 619 and and from a Month it is 649. But I got my 485 approved on May 24th. Don't at all worry about credit score.

daggumati said:
Hi Chepyala,
I had a Delinquent record on my credit and my Credit score was 619 and and from a Month it is 649. But I got my 485 approved on May 24th. Don't at all worry about credit score.
Oh boy .... this has been taken very seriously now ...

We are probably gonna see a new "Credit Score" tracker being established !!!

armie --> You need to work on your sarcasm ;) ;)

TheRealCanadian said:
I think everyone else needs to work on their detection of sarcasm. ;)
:p
There are some ppl who worry abt things for no reason and they freak others out.. I didnt know if he was being sarcastic or for real!