credentai evaluation for physician

iak65

Registered Users (C)
I am a physician M.B.B.S from Pakistan, I am e.c.f.m.g certified, have Diplomat American board of internal medicine, licensed in 2 states been in prcatice for 5 years I applied I-140 in EB2
got this RFE
advisory evaluation of the alien’s credentials must be obtained before a decision can be made. This evaluation is necessary to determine the level and major field of educational attainment described in the supporting documents in terms of equivalent education in the United States. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services does not endorse or recommend evaluators. Many private individuals, organizations and educational institutions provide this service.

An acceptable evaluation should:

1). Consider formal education only, not practical training experience;

2). State if the collegiate training was post-secondary education: i.e. did the applicant complete the United States equivalent of high school before entering college?

3). Provide a detailed explanation of the material evaluated, rather than a simple conclusive statement.

4). Briefly state the qualifications and experience of the evaluator providing

the opinion.

Can somebody help me what they want to know

My lawyer had my medical degree (MBBS from India) reviewed by " Foundation for international services, Inc" They issued a Evaluation Report stating that my MBBS is equivalent to MD in US and admission to MBBS requires the equivalent of graduation from high school in US.
There contact info is
Foundation for international services,
14926 35th Ave West, Suite 210
Lynwood, WA 98087
Ph 425-248-2255, fax 425-248-2262 and email info@fis-web.com.

I dont know how much they charge.

Try www.wes.org.

THis is normal foreign educational evalution procedure irrespective of profession.

However Indian MBBS is not equivalent to MD in US because, admission to MBBS is just high school 12th grade (+2) but enter into MD program in US requires High School Graduation + Pre Medicine 2 years (Most university requires a 4 years Bachelor Degree and a good MCAT score).

docboston said:
My lawyer had my medical degree (MBBS from India) reviewed by " Foundation for international services, Inc" They issued a Evaluation Report stating that my MBBS is equivalent to MD in US and admission to MBBS requires the equivalent of graduation from high school in US.
There contact info is
Foundation for international services,
14926 35th Ave West, Suite 210
Lynwood, WA 98087
Ph 425-248-2255, fax 425-248-2262 and email info@fis-web.com.

I dont know how much they charge.

Well, My EB2 went through without a hitch. Yours will too. Just get your degrees evalated and send there report to uscis

This seems to be a problem for people with a MBBS or MBChB. The brain amputated worker drone at USCIS reads 'bachelor' and hits the 'RFE for degree evaluation button' on his autoreply generating software. In reality the MBBS is equivalent to the MD and the people I heard having this issue managed to get EB-2 and NIWs based on a reputable degree evaluation.

Are these verifications valid indefinite or it expire in a year or so. how much does it cost.

On a second thought, how about the possibility of FCVS document send over to USCIS. If you already have a file with FCVS it will cost $50.

Last edited by a moderator:
credential verification

docny said:
Are these verifications valid indefinite or it expire in a year or so. how much does it cost.

On a second thought, how about the possibility of FCVS document send over to USCIS. If you already have a file with FCVS it will cost $50.
FCVS verification won't do it for the credential EVALUATION. FCVS does credential VERIFICATION.

USCIS wants proof of credential EVALUATION. So you need to get in touch with a credential valuation service, and get a degree equivalency letter.

I got my MBBS evaluation letter in 2001 (paid $75) when i was applying for waiver job. That letter doesn't have an expiration date and i have had to use it many times since then. In fact some states do require this evaluation letter before they will give you license.

Which service you used for "evaluation" and their contact number. Do you have to send them originals? If so, how safe is it to send the originals to them?

Thanks,

credential evaluation service.................

m_img said:
Which service you used for "evaluation" and their contact number. Do you have to send them originals? If so, how safe is it to send the originals to them?
i used-
Washington Evaluation Service
221 C Street NE
Washington DC 20002-5557
tel: 202-543-2595
Fax: 202 543 8001

They don't need originals, only copies ($75)

J1victim said:
i used-
Washington Evaluation Service
221 C Street NE
Washington DC 20002-5557
tel: 202-543-2595
Fax: 202 543 8001

They don't need originals, only copies ($75)

Do you know if they have a website for instructions and forms etc.

chk this

go to weblink and call them.
I think they evaluate all educational fields.
wes.org
or
ece.org

they have express service available., but u have to shell out extra.
if they ask for documents, have them sent by by fedex. i had no problems.

If you want MBBS to be recognized for EB-2 you have to use a credential evaluation service.
I applied for Eb-2 in 1999. At that time my lawyer had mentioned that MBBS would guarantee a EB-2 approval. Luckily I also had finished my residency in India and had a M.D. degree from a uiversity, which sufficed, we had no need for a credential evaluation.