CRAD recived with ERROR - What are my options?

skotha

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
My GC was approved on 6/27. I received the Cards for me and my Wife on July 6 th.

One both Cards Details are like This:

Card Expires: 06/27/17
Resident since :06/12/02

When my GC approved on 06/27/2007 How can Resident since date will be 2002 date - Which is my EB3 PD.

According to My card , I can apply Citizen Ship right away :confused:

In 2002 I did not even applied for 485-

What are my options ? Do I need to call USCIS ... ?

Is any one in similar situvation.... Any sugesstions Please ....

Hi All,
My GC was approved on 6/27. I received the Cards for me and my Wife on July 6 th.

One both Cards Details are like This:

Card Expires: 06/27/17
Resident since :06/12/02

When my GC approved on 06/27/2007 How can Resident since date will be 2002 date - Which is my EB3 PD.

According to My card , I can apply Citizen Ship right away :confused:

In 2002 I did not even applied for 485-

What are my options ? Do I need to call USCIS ... ?
------- Call to 1800 is not going to help. that is mistake of USCIS. explain the USCIS mistake on cover letter on cover letter write your Name, A#, DOB , address and sign the letter with date file form I-90 with option D with service center that approved your I-485.send the form to correct address, with your incorrct GC, copy of I-485 approval notice and copy of I-485 filing reciept.
Is any one in similar situvation.... Any sugesstions Please ....
----many got mistakes on Card and have filed form I-90 and filing

If I-485 was approved by VSC or Card was sent by VSC then send I-90 to bellow address

USCIS
Vermont Service center
Attn: “b”or”d”
75 Lower Welden Street
St, ALBANS, VT 05479-0001

*** out side the envelopw write in big bold letters: USCIS error on Card, form I-90(D) Please send the reciept as Local USCIS office is not stamping the passport without I-90 filing reciept and I need to travel.

** after sending form I-90 update us when you get filing reciept

Last edited by a moderator:
Date Error on GC

I also have a similar error on my GC which I received last week.

My 485 got approved on 06/28/07. But on my card the following is
printed
resident since : 05/03/01
card expires : 06/28/17

My wife's card has the correct dates and only my card has a wrong date in
"resident since" field. Actually 05/03/01 was my EB3 PD. It was printed as my date of residence in the card.

Based on a few suggestions, I took an infopass appt and met with an INS officer. He checked in the system and told that there is no error and it shows the same date 05/03/01 to which I replied saying it was 6 yrs back and I got my approval only on 06/28/07. He asked me only one question...are you present in this country during that time(05/03/01)...and i replied "Yes". He says in that case there should not be any issue. He told that if I still feel it is an error, I can send back the card with filling the I-90 form and it should take 3-6 months to receive the replacement card. He also pointed out that you might still get the same card since the system shows that date.

I am totally confused now. Probably I need to talk to an attorney. Due to a lot of changes, it might be that it may take more than 6months to receive the replacement card. Also it wouldn't harm since the date of residence is very virtual as long as i dont mis-use my applying for citizenship before 06/28/2012.

What do you think?

-rk9

In my opinion you may be better off in implementing the process of getting this corrected. Document everything that you do and keep a record of whatever you can till you get this corrected.

Keep all your I-485 related receipt notices and approval notices safely. In case you have not received the original I-485 receipt or approval notices call your attorney and make sure you have collected them.

Be careful in making any travel plans out of the country should you initiate the process. An attorney's help may be useful but look around and read up on all the processes before speaking to an attorney.