CP In Guang Zhou, China

August and September interview

I know some people whose clearance check was done at the beginning or the end of July are waiting for the interview.
Maybe we need to wait until August 15th to ask the interview.
It looks very strange. There is no August or September interview? Any change for CP or Guangzhou consulor?
The india consulor has post the interview date on Sep 27th.And it is about 90 days between the case entering CP and the interview date in India. GC is so slow. What is the reason?
Welcome all the people who is doing CP to do the reaearch and post idea here and let's share the info and have some guide.

Pre-interview finished in May or June

According a person who posted in this post, GZ said the CPer should expect that the interview will be set up after 2 to 3 months from the day of the pre-interview clearance is finished. So if the pre-interview clearance of your case is finished during July, you should expect it around Sept. or Oct.
However, is there anyone whose pre-interview clearance is finished during May or June, their interview date should be in Aug. or Sept. That is really strange if there is no Aug. or Sept. interview until now.
GZ also told me that after the pre-interview clearance is finished, they also need to ask for visa number for the CPer, after the visa number is allocated, then an interview is setup.

Packet Three received by NVC

F.Y.I.

Packet three received by STL 07/24
Money Order Cashed 07/30
Packet Three Received by NVC 08/12
Packet Three Reviewed ?
Packet Three Sent to GZ ?

vincent - when is your I-140 approved?? just want to get some idea of the timeframe -

I just spent about near half hour talking over the phone with a NVC rep. (who is very nice) but not allowing me to fax the option letter while by mail is OK, I was told it takes as much as 6 weeks to process...and the whole processing time when NVC receives your case from INS to send it out to consulate takes 4-6 months??!!!!

Is this true?? 'cause if it is, then the choice of CP is not much faster than AOS suddenly?

from I140 Approval to Consulate receiving case

Based on my personal experience and observation of others' cases, it only takes around 3 months from I-140 approval to your case reaches GZ. Plus the additional 3 to 4 months at GZ ( I have no authority over this since my case hasn't reached that stage yet, but this estimate should be fair), we are looking at 6 to 7 months from I140 approval to interview. If you know the time for I485 processing, you will know now that CP only takes about half the time. Another big plus for me, who is not a very patient person, is that CP allows me to track every step closely.

kkimm02,
I suggest that you mail in a letter right now and wait for a couple of weeks to talk to NVC operators again. Telling her/him that you have mailed in a letter and etc., s/he may show sympahty and let you fax s/he the letter to expedite the process. At least, this was what happened to me. OK?

Let me know if you need a sample confirmation letter.

Thanks Vicent

I did send out a fedex letter right after speaking with NVC - I am not a patient person, either :)

Thanks for all the advice, it's been very helpful!

September interview

Today is August 15. Those people whose pre-interview check is done before the end of July should contact GZ and get the interview date.
Please update the info.

Thanks

Sept. Interview

I can't have Sept. Interview.
My pre-interview clearance is finished in early July. But GZ hasn't started to process the case.
I doubt that how many case which pre-interview clearance is finished during July can have interview in Sept. Except me, I know one more person whose pre-interview is finished in late June, his case also hasn't be processed yet.
Good luck everyone.

what's five star rating?

On Packet 3 for China - is there anything special except the DS230 forms?

still haven't heard anything from NVC or the sluggish "lawyer" yet, this really sucks...but only have to wait...

Name Check

Did you guys read the new post in cpgroup? There is an additional step for CP called "name check". Start from Aug. 1st. Better to check with GZ.

kkimm02

yeah, there is a piece of paper called "additional information sheet" for GZ in Packet three.
You can find it in CPgroup on yahoo.
it asks for telegraph code for your name and chinese characters for your address.

found the following from US embassy's website

New Student and Exchange Visitor Visa Form Required Starting August 1
Starting on Thursday, August 1, all applicants applying for F (Student), J (Exchange Visitor) and M (Non-academic Student) visas, and their dependents (F-2, J-2 and M-2 visas), must complete two DS-158 application forms, one in English and one in Chinese. Copies of the DS-158 form can be downloaded from the Embassy's website, and will be available free of charge at branches of CITIC Bank, and at the Embassy. learn more

seems that there are some changes starting Aug 1st
though there are nothing new for immigration visa on the website

Right now, the problem is that nobody know how long the additional process will take. GZ stops at the person whose pre-interview is finished during June. If they can't re-gain the interview during Sept., that means after the pre-interview clearance is finished, it will take more than 3 months for interview is schedule.

NAME CHECK

As far as I know, the name check was a measure taken by INS recently (March-April) to use the IBIS (a database shared by several angencies for criminal records storage, etc.).

There was dramatic delays in I-140 and I-129 petitions at almost all four service centers, either because they don't have the special computer connected to the IBIS or they don't know how to use it.

They run your name through all databases, to see if there is any match...

Did you guys heard about it for your I-140s??

I thought it should be quicker for cases that already went through this process...

i agree

my I140 submitted in late April, so the case must have been gone through this check already. Do you guys think that GZ needs to do the same thing again?

What GZ said.....

I asked GZ about the new name check, the following is their reply.

"Due to changes in pre-interview clearance requirements, we
will be unable to issue your wife a visa even her application is approved at
the interview until receiving further notice from U.S. authorities. Once we
receive notice, we will contact her by mail to return to this office to pick
up the visa. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are awaiting guidance
on a public statement on this matter. When we receive it, we will post it
on our website.
"
It seems that everybody needs to go to GZ twice.