CP In Guang Zhou, China

vincentforever

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I'm starting this thread for people will be doing / have done CP in
Guang Zhou.

Let's track the progress together and also leave some useful information as reference for other people.

Best,
Vincentforever

Is I-140/I-485 concurrent filing will cause delay of I-140 approval?

I filed I-140 for CP in Guangzhou last week with Texas Service Center, just before the I-140/I-485 concurrent filing rule became effective. I spoke with my lawyer about filing I-485 now and going for the AOS route, but I think CP would still be faster (especially in Texas).

The thing worries me now is that with the new rule of concurrent filing, INS will think that it becomes low priority to process I-140, therefore they will shift resources from I-140 to other categories, and cause significant delay in getting I-140 approved even for CP cases. If that is the case, then the advantage of going CP becomes much less attractive.

If any of you have information on this subject, please post. Thanks!

CP in Taiwan

I filed I-140 for CP in Taiwan on July, 31, 2002 from California Service Center. My laywer told me that it takes 10 months from filing I-140 to Green card approval. I-140 takes 4 months in CSC and CP take 6 months. How long does it take if you file in China? I don't think it will slow the process of I-140. Usually it takes at most 4 months to get approval for I-140 case at CSC. How about TSC?

I-140 at TSC

Up to now, it takes 3-4 month for TSC to process I-140. Plus another 6-8 month for arranging interview in Guangzhou, the total time from filing I-140 to getting GC is approximately 12 month for CP.

My concern was what kind of impact the concurrent filing rule will have on the current I-140 processing time? If INS decide to process I-140 and I-485 concurrently, it will definitely take more than 3-4 month . In that case, the advantage of going CP diminishes.

I guess we'll find out in the next month or so ...

CP in Guangzhou

In a most recent discussion with my lawyer, she seems strongly against filing for CP in China and recommended AOS instead...I'd like to hear from your guys about anything that could be risky for CP in China??

Thanks

the risk involved with CP

This has been discussed many times already. I will briefly summarize it here for you and other people that may be in doubts too.

The bottom line is that CP in China doesn’t involve any risks that are not present in the AOS route in the US. If you are to be denied an immigration visa in Guangzhou, you will be denied AOS for the same reason here. If you ask your lawyer or read the documents, you will know these reasons could be fraud, contagious disease, and etc. etc.

The final interview is more or less a formality that should be nothing to be worried about for “clean” applicants.

Hope this helps.

My time line

I got the following reply from GZ:
Thank you for your email. We are still processing your case. Once we complete the processing, we will notify you by sending you an appointment packet. You can expect four to six months between the time we first receive a petition and schedule an interview. We received your file in June.

Anyone got similar reply? Why does GZ take so long to schedule an interview?
I was hoping for a Sep. interview, but it seems unlikely now.

timeline at GUZ

Cinderella - that's really odd -

I heard the security clearance only takes about 1 to 1.5 months and the interview is scheduled 2 or 3 months afterwards, so it's like 3 to 5 months...

are you filing for AC140 or through NVC??

Cinderella

Did you ask specifally about the security clearance? Based on the Department of State's document, the clearance should only take 10 days. After GZ sends your name, DOB, and etc. to Department of State, if they don't hear anything after 10 days, you are clear.

I am also wondering why it takes so long for GZ to schedule an interview. one possibility is that they simply have too many cases to process. think about that, India has a less population, yet they have many consulates processing immigration visas.

anyways, good luck and keep us updates. I expect my packet reaches GZ by early September.

I know that the London Embassy has a certain rule for scheduling the interview: something like a cut-off date of 15th each month -- I guess it is the same in GZ, except they added two months, my impression is that if your case was cleared by the 15th, then your interview date should be 2 months from then, otherwise you have to wait for the next scheduling with the interview date of 3 months...

there was a Yahoo group on China CP --- I will post the address tomorrow when I have access to my bookmarks...

thanks Vincent for clarify CP vs. AOS

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chinacp/

There are some useful information there, but not sure if it is up-to-date...

kkimm02

thanks for posting the link for China CP Group. However, this group is pretty much inactive now. Fewer and fewer people answering questions there. And that's one of the reasons that I have started this thread.

Have you made decision yet to go with AOS or CP?

GZ is very slow now

GZ is very slow now, my case (Package 3) arrives GZ during May, then they start to process my case at the end of May. I think they do the security check at that time and at the same time, they mail me a letter to ask for more my documents. I mailed the documents to them via express and they got them on June 3, they have finished the security check during July, but until now, they haven't processed my documents yet.
Don't know why it is so slow. Two Months already

chan50737

Based on your other posts, it seems that you are talking about your wife's case? I imagine it didn't go though NVC, correct?
thx

Correct

Yes, it is my wife's case. My wife's case is follow-to-join, basically, it is almost the same process as AC140. Instead of sending in AC140, I sent in AC485. And she is also under employment-based track instead of family-based.

Could I say

that the cases handled through NVC will be processed somewhat faster than those are not because NVC has alerady done some amount processing?

Would this be a valid conclusion?

I don't know

Basically, I don't know what does the NVC do? What I think is that NVC should do some process before the security check of GZ, after the security check, GZ will require a visa number from local INS and then set up an interview.
The worset thing is that I can't check if GZ has received my documents. I checked with the express mail company, ift confirmed that the GZ has received them, but I don't know why it takes so long time to process. Everytime, I call them about the case's status thru. email or phone, they will say they are still waiting my documents (I think the computer shows that), after I told them that the documents are received by them on June 3, they will say they haven't processed the documents.
It is just so messy in GZ.

Optional Letter

Checked NVC and heard they are sending out an information sheet concerning AOS, I know this is regarding to the confirmation of CP...

Did you guys received such letters and how long it takes for them to process??? Can I just send back a fax??

CP Confirmation Letter

CP Confirmation Letter is a letter NVC will send to you after your case has been received by NVC. The purpose of this letter is to confirm that you still want to go through CP and save NVC resources by identifying people who want to do AOS instead.

However, it will take weeks to confirm if you just wait to receive the phsical letter from NVC and then send it back. Many people have called NVC and managed to make an agreement with one of the operators to FAX in a self-drafted letter. Please note that if you just FAX a letter yourself without addressing to a specific operator, your FAX will be lost.

On the other hand, on many occasions, operators have refused to make such an arrangement due to internal policy and will ask you to mail in your self-drafted letter. However, based on my personal experience, such letter will take a LONG time to be actually matched to your case and enterred into the system.

To sum up, the ideal solution would be fax in the letter to one of the operators. To make this happen, you need to be persistent and have some luck.

Hope the above helps.