CP in Chennai how long for Parents ?

Hi. I have graduated to this round of the immigration process. I'll post my timeline and some questions I am now dealing with at this point in the process. I look forward to the help any seniors in this process can provide. Thanks.

Here is my timeline so far:
I130's for Spouse and two children
Where - VSC
When - Nov 2006
Status - Approved June 14, 2007
AOS FEE Sent July 2, 2007
DS3032 Form Sent July 2, 2007

I just received three separate letters for my wife and two daughters whom I filed I-130's for. The letters I received today are from the US Department of State (NVC), Portsmouth NH. Each letter begins by saying:

"We have received from the immigrant visa petition that you filed on behalf of (my wife and each daughter). Before we can continue processing, you must pay the enclosed bill for the required fee: You must send:

1. The enclosed AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT (AOS) FEE BILL....

*Until we receive this fee from you, we cannot process your case".

Now, here are the questions I'd like to ask.

A. Do I need to send the $70 dollar fee for each of my family members (wife, daughter, and daughter)? In this case the total amount would be $210.00. I ask this because on the third page of the letter there
is this "Exception notice":

*Exceptions: If you are a US citizen filing a separat Afficdavit of Support
(I-864) for your spouse and children to immigrate, you only need to submit one $70.00 fee.*

I am a bit confused about this.

B. My second question is about the DS-3032 form (Choice of Address and Agent).
I would like to know if I can be my wife and children's "Agent"? Also, would it be in our best interest to change my wife's mailing address in her home country to my home address here in the States? As you can see I am already receiving mail at my address but I am confused about this too. Also, I'd like to know if the DS3032 forms for each of my daughter's would be signed by my wife? They are both minors.

Finally, what is the IV fee for and when do you pay it?

Help...Jyotsnar or anybody

NVC approved and forwarded the case to Chennai consulate 4 months back for my father's GC.

I am looking at the dates...still his case number is not showing up.

How long should I wait? Chennai folks please respond.

I got PCC in May ....how long is it valid?

NVC approved and forwarded the case to Chennai consulate 4 months back for my father's GC.

Send an email to Chennai consulate and ask them. In our case, Mumbai consulate scheduled the appointment more than 3 months after case was forwarded to them. I has asked them via email in the meantime. They replied back basically asking us to wait more. After that we got the interview the followng month.

Thanks VisaApplicant...got one more question

I am applying for my mother's GC. Does she need a marriage certificate for the interview. Just confused

Danp,

Just saw your message. I am not sure why your father's case is taking so long. As Visaapplicant mentioned, you should send the Consulate e-mail. They are usually quite responsive.

And the PCC is valid for one year from the date of issue.

I 130 for parents,help me

Hi all,
I am applying I-130 for my parents and I want to know the check list for that,
Advance thanks to all,
Pls help me
Thanks again
Roseram

Hi all,
I am applying I-130 for my parents and I want to know the check list for that,
Advance thanks to all,
Pls help me
Thanks again
Roseram

Please refer to USCIS website for I130 info and requirements. Also check 1st page of parents sticky thread in "Family Based" forum.

Danp,

Just saw your message. I am not sure why your father's case is taking so long. As Visaapplicant mentioned, you should send the Consulate e-mail. They are usually quite responsive.

And the PCC is valid for one year from the date of issue.

Thanks Jyotsnar. I got the interview date for my mother. My father is no more and my last questions are 1. Do I need the marriage certificate for my mother 2. Do I really have to submit all the docs to the VFS: or can I carry them to the consulate at the time of the interview....Thanks a lot.

I 864 Q's

Hi All,
I need clarifications for the following questions, Please reply.
I have started working from Nov 2006 and filed jointly with my husband for the Tax yr 2006
1. Can I sponsor my mom Immigration visa or do I require my husband as co-sponsor
2. Documents needed to be attached with I 864 are photo copies of 2006 W2,1040,2006 tax transcript ,my employer letter and recent pay stubs, Am I right?

Thank You

Hydmom

Thanks Jyotsnar. I got the interview date for my mother. My father is no more and my last questions are 1. Do I need the marriage certificate for my mother 2. Do I really have to submit all the docs to the VFS: or can I carry them to the consulate at the time of the interview....Thanks a lot.

Hi Danp, I have the same questions. My dad is no more - do I need marriage certificate for my mother? And I may not have all the documents for VFS. Did you have to submit all of them? Thanks.

Mom recieved Immigrant visa

Hi all,
My mom recieved immigrant visa,
Documents submitted were
1.Birth Affidavit,NAC,Police clearance certificates,Medical report
2.To prove the relationship she submitted my old indian passport copy and my Birth affidavits ,NAC.
3.To keep I 864 current we also submitted 2007W2 and recent paystubs.

Hydmom

Hi all,
My mom recieved immigrant visa,
Documents submitted were
1.Birth Affidavit,NAC,Police clearance certificates,Medical report
2.To prove the relationship she submitted my old indian passport copy and my Birth affidavits ,NAC.
3.To keep I 864 current we also submitted 2007W2 and recent paystubs.

Hydmom

Congratulations!

Documents for parents

Hello,
We are in the process of sponsoring our parents. So far we have gotten the AoS fee bill and waiting on the I-864.
Regarding the documentation for interviews at consulate- do we need birth certificates and marriage certificate for my parents? They have passports etc.
Please let me know your experience.

thanks

I-130 approval 01/24/2008
NVC Case created 02/08/2008
AoS Fee bill sent 02/20/2008
AoS fee bill received 02/28/2008

Last edited by a moderator:
No Update on this forum

I do not see any updates after Mar'2008 on this forum, is there any specific reason for that or did they move the discussions to any other forum. Please let me know as i will be applying GC for my parents soon and it will CP as they are in India.

Thanks,
Raj