Court Summons Received - Does it mean arrest and what to do?

pursue

We are eligible to apply for naturalization. We got everything ready. And while planning to send the N400 application, my husband (Uber driver) got a court summons a few days ago for and he needs to show up on traffic court. It is for "failure to display trade dress".

On the summons, he seems like he was arrested that day (Though he was not). A quick search shows that if you were given a summons in Virginia, you're deemed to be arrested!

1)So, does it mean that he would be shown as arrested on the background check? I read that summons do not appear on your background till you're actually found guilty in the court but in Virginia even getting the summons means you're arrested.

2) Even if we send the application on Monday, our interview date would probably be after the court (Court date:End of May). So should we rather wait the court so that he will have the disposition ready when he is asked at the interview?

3) If by any chance the interview is done before the court date, do you think the interviewing officer would hold the application till the court is resolved?

Thanks.

So anybody thinks we should apply before the case? We talked to a criminal law attorney and he thinks the case will most likely be dismissed given my husband's side of the things happened that day. And if the case dismissed, would that be a problem during the interview?

You should apply. By the interview it would be resolved. He would mention it and be done. If it's a traffic violation (civil) and less than $500 fine then he might not disclose it if it's already over by then. If it's still ongoing he should tell about it (by the time of application too). If the case is not over by the time of adjudication, they would hold the case but chances are he will be done by then.