Couple of questions

salparadise

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
Here is a previous post which will help in context for this questions I have.
When I originally applied for my citizenship (5 yrs ago) I made the decision to change my name, since then my professional career has taken off which now make me regret my decision and would like to keep my current name. With that said I recently received a re-interview addressed to the name I wanted to change to, they are asking me to bring ID + 2 passport photos.
Is it still possible to keep my current name? If its going to be a big deal and delay things (explained on the other post) I am fine with changing my name.
On the other hand has anyone heard about this re-interview?
thanks in advance
Let me simplify my question if I requested a name change on my application, can I change that to no name change during my interview (or second interview in this case) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since your name change only becomes official at oath, withdraw your name check request at 2nd interview.

Looking at threads it seems that is common to make that change during the interview. Is it odd that the letter was addressed to the name I wanted to change to and not my current name?

Looking at threads it seems that is common to make that change during the interview. Is it odd that the letter was addressed to the name I wanted to change to and not my current name?

I indicated on my N-400 application that I wanted to change my name but decided against it a few weeks later. So when I was interviewed, I just told the IO that I decided to keep my name. The IO just applied the correction on my N-400 by hand. That's it. The IO did not even ask me for my reason for changing my mind.

Hello,
Here is a previous post which will help in context for this questions I have.
When I originally applied for my citizenship (5 yrs ago) I made the decision to change my name, since then my professional career has taken off which now make me regret my decision and would like to keep my current name. With that said I recently received a re-interview addressed to the name I wanted to change to, they are asking me to bring ID + 2 passport photos.
Is it still possible to keep my current name? If its going to be a big deal and delay things (explained on the other post) I am fine with changing my name.
On the other hand has anyone heard about this re-interview?
thanks in advance
Let me simplify my question if I requested a name change on my application, can I change that to no name change during my interview (or second interview in this case) ?

I was wondering that why your N-400 took 5 years, could you please briefly explain why?
Thanks