Couple of questions on TN visa!

moosh

Registered Users (C)
First i should thank you guys for helping others and sharing the informations in this forum.
As i mentioned in other Thread i will be applying for TN visa status in couple of weeks as a dentist and i have some questions regarding to that.
1) I live in Toronto and i will be crossing the boarder to get a TN, i just wanted to know which POE considered to be the best for applying TN visa?
2) I have applied for State dental license (USA) and it will take about a month to receive it but i already have my Ontario dental license,i was wondering is that OK if i go to the POE without my US dental license and just tell them that i have applied for that or i have to wait till i receive my dental license from USA and then go to POE?
3)and my last question is how long before my job's start date ,should i go to the POE for visa?
Thank you in advance and appreciate your time and effort for helping out!

and one more thing ,my employer is pretty flexible to write me a 3 years job offer, but we have been advised that i will have more chance to get TN visa if the job letter is for less than 3 years...now i am little confused , and don't know what is the best... i would appreciate if anybody could give me some information about that!

Requesting less than 3 years would be silly. TNs are up to 3 years and that is what you should request.

Don't be intimidated by the few stories you hear here. 1000's of TNs are warded each year without issue; only a few get rejected.

And a properly prepared petition will pass any any POE/PFI. No need for you -- or your advisor -- to overthink this.

Hi Nelsona,
I have been working for 3 years on a TN visa for one company, however it is very probably that next week i will be put on unpaid furlough. My 1-94 will expire until february 18, 2013, since i just barely received my extend of stay.
So, i have a few questions.
Which will be my status if i am put on furlough?
I have already start looking for another job, can i switch my employer while in USA with a I-129 form?

thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Furlough is not an acceptable status for a non-immigrant, like TN or H1 (unless it is so one-day or x hour per week). This is known as "benching" which is a volation of your status.

How long will you be "unpaid", and are you getting other benefits.

If you are really out of a job, then I-129 is not possible as you are not in status, and should go to the border to get new TN.