• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

countdown to dv 2018 results

Well, @Britsimon @SusieQQQ @IheartNY @Pierre82 , looks like you are going to keep your fingers crossed for my country to get out of this thing, because my family didn't get selected for dv2018. Best of luck for all the selectees and follow the advices this guys give to you because they are PRICELESS. Love you guys!

Entered all my details correctly but just getting this error

Warning:The information entered is not valid.

Please review the Confirmation Number, your Last/Family Name, and Year of Birth to ensure you have entered them exactly as they appear on your DV Confirmation Page, including punctuation.

Several characters are often confused:
0 = zero, O = letter 'O', 1 = one, I = letter 'I' (like 'Ice'), 5 = 'five', S = letter 'S', 6 = six, G = letter 'G', 8 = eight, B = letter 'B'

Am I correct in thinking I was rejected because of the photographs?

Last edited:
Having spent 9 hours continually refreshing my browser (receiving numerous errors etc) it appears have made it over the first hurdle.. but with a high case number... so I am guessing now is going to be a very long year of waiting....

Now the question is do I get at all excited, tell anyone... or just try to forget about it for the next year (or actually probably longer).... a glimmer of hope but think I am going to need to get extremely lucky with a high case number.. I am trying to read up about the processing but obviously to early to know until into processing this time next year.
Congratulations!! You should be very excited and there's a good chance you will succeed. In 2013 I had a very high case number and I got my green card with days to spare. Hang in there and whatever you do just persevere

Well, @Britsimon @SusieQQQ @IheartNY @Pierre82 , looks like you are going to keep your fingers crossed for my country to get out of this thing, because my family didn't get selected for dv2018. Best of luck for all the selectees and follow the advices this guys give to you because they are PRICELESS. Love you guys!

I hope that next year DV Lottery brings some better news for us @veronice. i also hope things improve for Venezuela soon.

Hi guys,
After 8 years of applying, being selected in the catastrophic disaster that was DV2012 (selected and then revoked for the redraw) and no luck since then I've finally received my selection letter!
It seems to be a high case number though which is unfortunate - OC00024** Crossing fingers for some luck that my case number becomes current!

Hi All!
I found this forum today, when I was anxiously waiting for DV18 results. It's uplifting to see how you support each other in this community. I'm sorry for all those who participated and were not selected. I hope you'll be more lucky next time.
As for me, I'm incredibly happy right now. I was selected for further processing with case # 2018EU00013xxx I hope there's a chance I'll get the GC
Congratulations!! Wonderful news

I'm going to assume I'm rejected based upon the fact my code isn't working. I did reuse last years photographs without realising that they need to be recent.

If your code doesn't work might be safe to assume similarly?

Thanks guys

@micheallove earth thank you for the reply,i did as you suggeated but its not displaying my confirmation number,i guess i have to wait and see waht happens

Best of luck for next year @MYbraindrain and @krayzie Try to take it easy these couple of days and forget about it. On my first not selected notice, it hit me pretty hard but I'm here still moving forward for a better future :)

Will try again next year, but can't put my future on luck. The sad part is that working hard don't necessarily translate to success (hence the saying 'all my hard work went down the drain'). it just that gotta have plan b and c, and i need to start working on it.

The irony is that for EB-1 visa, you need to be successful, but that is the main reason going to the land of opportunity - to be successful.

Please help I´m getting this error: Warning: The information entered is not valid. Please review the Confirmation Number, your Last/Family Name, and Year of Birth to ensure you have entered them exactly as they appear on your DV Confirmation Page, including punctuation. Several characters are often confused:
0 = zero, O = letter 'O', 1 = one, I = letter 'I' (like 'Ice'), 5 = 'five', S = letter 'S', 6 = six, G = letter 'G', 8 = eight, B = letter 'B'

I'm sure that all the data is filled ok, I copy/paste it. Also tried with different browsers. What can be happening?

I have popped back on here to see how everyone is doing, and before I fade off again until who knows when, I want to commend the incredible forum moderators and advisors on here who are so selfless in helping each and every one of you. Secondly, my warmest wishes to folks like Pierre82 who regardless of their own disappointment, continue to greet and encourage every one of you as you make your own way on your path to the US and within this forum community.

What is in my future? Since this is now my fifth year and we are not getting any younger (!) my husband and I are now looking at what was our Plan C (as we called it) and will look to moving to Canada. My life is great whatever route we take.

Warmest wishes as always

Q

Please help I´m getting this error: Warning: The information entered is not valid. Please review the Confirmation Number, your Last/Family Name, and Year of Birth to ensure you have entered them exactly as they appear on your DV Confirmation Page, including punctuation. Several characters are often confused:

I'm sure that all the data is filled ok, I copy/paste it. Also tried with different browsers. What can be happening?

Try again later. I think it means the application was rejected but I can't be 100% sure. Nobody else seems to know.

Having spent 9 hours continually refreshing my browser (receiving numerous errors etc) it appears have made it over the first hurdle.. but with a high case number... so I am guessing now is going to be a very long year of waiting....

Now the question is do I get at all excited, tell anyone... or just try to forget about it for the next year (or actually probably longer).... a glimmer of hope but think I am going to need to get extremely lucky with a high case number.. I am trying to read up about the processing but obviously to early to know until into processing this time next year.

Please list your CN but hiding the last few numbers - such as 2018AF123XX